The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] No Trouba for 6-8 Wpg-Van

2 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

Must be a Jets fan proposing this one

Hammonic and Tanev are equal, so what did the Islanders get for Hammonic

I'm actually a Canucks fan living in Manitoba lol

I just thought Armia and Matthias are good 1st round players....so

2 firsts and a second for Tanev and Sven?

2 hours ago, Monty said:

This trade doesn’t make sense for either team. Jets don’t need another RHD, and the Canucks aren’t getting a younger roster defenseman or prospect defenseman in return. 

Both teams say no.

Armia and Matthias are two larger forwards...young too.  I though we could use a little more size up front.   They are also two 1st rounders as well.

Just now, whytelight said:

Armia and Matthias are two larger forwards...young too.  I though we could use a little more size up front.   They are also two 1st rounders as well.

And the Jets still say no, because they don’t need another RHD.

21 minutes ago, Monty said:

And the Jets still say no, because they don’t need another RHD.

With the Jets playing like a top five team in the whole league, shouldn’t the keep Trouba?  Why mess with a really good team.  My goodness the Jets are winning without Scheifele!  Stand pat and go for a Cup this season.  Rethink things in the summer.  I think anyway.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

With the Jets playing like a top five team in the whole league, shouldn’t the keep Trouba?  Why mess with a really good team.  My goodness the Jets are winning without Scheifele!  Stand pat and go for a Cup this season.  Rethink things in the summer.  I think anyway.

If they trade Trouba, it won’t be until after the season. Chevy already called Overcharge’s bluff and they had no problem making Trouba sweat. It also didn’t help Trouba when his teammates, Wheeler and Perrault (Perrault especially didn’t pull punches), publicly said that he needed to earn his place in the league and be thankful he’s in the NHL.

Now, perhaps Trouba’s demands have changed. It was said that he just wanted more opportunity to play on the RH side. That has happened, as he’s been given top pairing alongside Morrissey (although his TOI hasn’t changed at all). 

Essentially, if they trade him, it won’t be until the off-season, and it certainly won’t be for anything less than he’s worth. Winnipeg holds his rights for quite a few more years, so he can’t walk. 

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

If they trade Trouba, it won’t be until after the season. Chevy already called Overcharge’s bluff and they had no problem making Trouba sweat. It also didn’t help Trouba when his teammates, Wheeler and Perrault (Perrault especially didn’t pull punches), publicly said that he needed to earn his place in the league and be thankful he’s in the NHL.

Now, perhaps Trouba’s demands have changed. It was said that he just wanted more opportunity to play on the RH side. That has happened, as he’s been given top pairing alongside Morrissey (although his TOI hasn’t changed at all). 

Essentially, if they trade him, it won’t be until the off-season, and it certainly won’t be for anything less than he’s worth. Winnipeg holds his rights for quite a few more years, so he can’t walk. 

I totally agree.  God, go for the Cup, and rethink Trouba (and all players) in the summer.  I’m thinking Winnipeg might be adding a veteran D and forward at the TDL?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I totally agree.  God, go for the Cup, and rethink Trouba (and all players) in the summer.  I’m thinking Winnipeg might be adding a veteran D and forward at the TDL?

They should be targeting another LHD: Jordie Benn, Jack Johnson, Ian Cole just to name a few. I’m sure there are a lot more. Cole could be a really smart addition.

The other rumour is they might be targeting a 4th line center to replace Hendricks (who would then be used in case of injury).

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

They should be targeting another LHD: Jordie Benn, Jack Johnson, Ian Cole just to name a few. I’m sure there are a lot more. Cole could be a really smart addition.

The other rumour is they might be targeting a 4th line center to replace Hendricks (who would then be used in case of injury).

How about a Winnipeg v Toronto Final?  Bettman would pull out the few hairs he has left, but Canadian fans would be happy!

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about a Winnipeg v Toronto Final?  Bettman would pull out the few hairs he has left, but Canadian fans would be happy!

As long as the Final is watchable (see: entertaining), I don’t care who’s in it.

Actually, that’s not true. I want to see 2 teams in the Finals who haven’t won the Cup in the last 20 years.

Archived