The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Looks like Horgan is starting to cave Kos. 

I think, in the not too distant future, man’s greed will have those who survive the coming Armageddon living in caves.  Build the pipeline, and keep our comfortable lives continuing for as long as possible; it’s ending too soon anyway.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You don't watch daily political shows?

I owe , I owe.... off to work i go......     

Here is some good reading for you..

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/shortage-of-construction-workers-critical-in-b-c-employers-say

Edited by kingofsurrey

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Sure BC is. Wages are to low and cost of living is to high.

I'm pretty sure you and I agree on that.

Vancouver also has issues with new immigrants not being attracted to construction trades.......

I don't mean to generalize but the city has more and more wealthy foreign buyers....  Their kids don't want to do drywall as an example....

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Vancouver also has issues with new immigrants not being attracted to construction trades.......

I don't mean to generalize but the city has more and more wealthy foreign buyers....  Their kids don't want to do drywall as an example....

On the real-estate affordability crisis, the NDP has refused to play the most powerful card in the deck: An outright ban on offshore property purchases by foreign buyers, something Green party Leader Andrew Weaver has bravely called for.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not only new immigrants but most immigrants, especially Asians, regardless they are rich or poor, better their kids through education.  And that mean university not the trades.

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sure BC is. Wages are to low and cost of living is to high.

I'm pretty sure you and I agree on that.

Like i have said before same job for me in the lowermainland would be a $10 wage cut.when i get my jm at the end of june it would be over $12.

Wages in the lower mainland are very stagnant and sitting a little bit better when i left seven years ago

• Cheers 1

More great news to stop the dirty toxic  Tar sludge line.   Will Alberta want more WHINE now......?

Kinder Morgan’s controversial Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is about to become embroiled in a new legal challenge.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4029299/burnaby-appealing-neb-decision-that-let-kinder-morgan-bypass-sections-of-citys-bylaws/

The City of Burnaby is appealing a decision made last December by the National Energy Board (NEB) that said Kinder Morgan didn’t have to comply with two sections of the city’s bylaws.

READ MORE: Trans Mountain pipeline doesn’t have to follow Burnaby, B.C. bylaw sections, can start work: NEB

The sections required Trans Mountain Pipeline ULC to have preliminary plans and tree-cutting permits for project-related work approved by the city.

Trans Mountain had raised constitutional questions about such bylaws.

But the city is fighting back.

• Upvote 1

Luckily we have people that care about our BC environment....

Greenpeace Canada criticized the expansion approval, saying Kinder Morgan president Ian Anderson was in for a “Kinder surprise.”

“The National Energy Board can hand out as many rubber stamp permits as the Trudeau government wants it to — at the end of the day, there’s more than one way to stop a pipeline, and we will exhaust all of them to ensure this pipeline is never built,” Mike Hudema, climate and energy campaigner said in an emailed statement.

“The movement against pipelines is strong, [and] willing to put their bodies on the line and growing every day. We are just getting started.”

• Upvote 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎12 at 9:39 PM, kingofsurrey said:

JT only  pretending to support KM pipeline.  His attempt to crush west coast conservatives....

Alberta finally realizing they have been played.......

Wow. Canadian politics are getting dirty.....

Of course you right.   If JT was really in favour of it he would act a mediator in the dispute between BC and Alberta.   By doing nothing it shows he don't care.   In fact JT will be happy if the courts do the dirty work and block the pipe lines.  Then he wins at both ends:  The  pipeline don't get built and he always can claim he was in favour of it.

When it comes to politics, What does JT gain from Alberta. Nothing.  Alberta is a stronghold for the Tories and the few seats won by the Liberals will revert back to the Tories next election.

As for the Libs crushing the Tories.  Well, the Tories once the winner of the majority of BC seats are a shadow of its self with only nine seats.   The Tories lost almost all of Metro Vancouver.  Strongholds like West Van,  North Van, White Rock, all went to the Libs.  So the attempt at crushing the Tories seem to work.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, kingofsurrey said:

More great news to stop the dirty toxic  Tar sludge line.   Will Alberta want more WHINE now......?

Kinder Morgan’s controversial Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is about to become embroiled in a new legal challenge.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4029299/burnaby-appealing-neb-decision-that-let-kinder-morgan-bypass-sections-of-citys-bylaws/

The City of Burnaby is appealing a decision made last December by the National Energy Board (NEB) that said Kinder Morgan didn’t have to comply with two sections of the city’s bylaws.

READ MORE: Trans Mountain pipeline doesn’t have to follow Burnaby, B.C. bylaw sections, can start work: NEB

The sections required Trans Mountain Pipeline ULC to have preliminary plans and tree-cutting permits for project-related work approved by the city.

Trans Mountain had raised constitutional questions about such bylaws.

But the city is fighting back.

Glad I am not a Burnaby taxpayer.

You don't think that Kinder Morgan expected all of this and has it baked into the project estimates?

It's the white citizens of Burnaby surrounding Elder Robert in support that are responsible for destroying his way of life, not KM. I wonder if they understand this, and I wonder if he understands this.

pipeline-protest.jpg?imwidth=720

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/yes-and-no-protests-kinder-morgan-vancouver-march-2018-1.4571160

Squamish First Nation elder Robert Nahanee said expanding the pipeline will only add more pollution to the coast where he grew up.

"My family was food gatherers. We gathered clams, crabs, oysters, fish — everything. That's how I grew up. Now we can't even do that," Nahanee said. "We need to stand up and hear our voices. My voice is: O, Canada, you're on native land."

3 hours ago, mightycpc said:

It's the white citizens of Burnaby surrounding Elder Robert in support that are responsible for destroying his way of life, not KM. I wonder if they understand this, and I wonder if he understands this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/yes-and-no-protests-kinder-morgan-vancouver-march-2018-1.4571160

Squamish First Nation elder Robert Nahanee said expanding the pipeline will only add more pollution to the coast where he grew up.

"My family was food gatherers. We gathered clams, crabs, oysters, fish — everything. That's how I grew up. Now we can't even do that," Nahanee said. "We need to stand up and hear our voices. My voice is: O, Canada, you're on native land."

As long as he gets his handouts thats all he cares about.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, mightycpc said:

Would be great to have it confirmed all these people walked to the misguided protest.

• Upvote 1