The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha Stop making yourself look stupid. I’m going to mop the flood with your arguments and then leave you be since your clearly not concerned in facts. 

First nice quote on the largest tanker oil spill in history of North America. Which happen 28 years ago. Where the captain was drunk. Because standard and safety hasn’t improved. 

You asked what’s the plan for cleaning up a spill. I’ve answered is twice now,  the oil companies are responsible and now you referenced two spill where the oil companies have spent billions to clean up the spill, and you think I’m doing the avoiding? . 

Actually no im using tanking spill numbers publish by UBC. But you had a good day though. You would think of someone with such a strong opinion on the matter would have done the slightest bit of research. Oh wait. Maybe you asked your austrialian brother told you therefor it must be true.  Keep believing that this oil is a nuke that will inevitably go off. 

Oh, I get it, you can use 35 year old spill data, but at 28 year old tanker accident is off base. 

You haven't answered anything about a tanker spill yet. No KM is not responsible for that once its on the ship. Yah pal, you're avoiding. 

You can hurl personal insults but you haven't provided a single thing on coastal dil bit cleanup, not one iota. Step up champ and lets see the link. 

All you've done is prove that some people in Alberta just don't care what happens on BCs coast. A 'well placed' tanker disaster could easily wipe out something like the spot prawn grounds, because there is no current method to clean up your sunken tar balls. Thats not nuclear, thats just how it is. 

Your usual shtick is working about as good as usual. Are you sure I can't get you that bus ticket? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Oh, I get it, you can use 35 year old spill data, but at 28 year old tanker accident is off base. 

You haven't answered anything about a tanker spill yet. No KM is not responsible for that once its on the ship. Yah pal, you're avoiding. 

You can hurl personal insults but you haven't provided a single thing on coastal dil bit cleanup, not one iota. Step up champ and lets see the link. 

You know I’ve answered it over and over and the research is there for you.  

You are the perfect example of someone gullible having once read an article and then making a strongly opinionated argument.  As I said the if an oil spill happens oil companies are responsible.  If the spill happens anywhere from Alberta to the marine terminal Kinder Morgan is liable, one the ship hits waters (and still in Canadian waters) it then becomes responsibility of the owners who have to be insured up to 140 million, After that amount it because the responsibility of Ship-Source Oil Pollution Fund, which is funded by “oil companies”.  This is law under the Marine Liability Act.  Further liability can come from the International Oil Pollution Compensation Fund which is again funded by “oil companies”.

This is basic research.  Any monkey could have pulled that information, but I guess since your opinion is already made up, it’s easier for you to get your facts from facebook posts. I’m done explaining this to you, I’m not your teacher, there’s nothing in it for me educating someone who doesn’t care to learn. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You know I’ve answered it over and over and the research is there for you.  

You are the perfect example of someone gullible having once read an article and then making a strongly opinionated argument.  As I said the if an oil spill happens oil companies are responsible.  If the spill happens anywhere from Alberta to the marine terminal Kinder Morgan is liable, one the ship hits waters (and still in Canadian waters) it then becomes responsibility of the owners who have to be insured up to 140 million, After that amount it because the responsibility of Ship-Source Oil Pollution Fund, which is funded by “oil companies”.  This is law under the Marine Liability Act.  Further liability can come from the International Oil Pollution Compensation Fund which is again funded by “oil companies”.

This is basic research.  Any monkey could have pulled that information, but I guess since your opinion is already made up, it’s easier for you to get your facts from facebook posts. I’m done explaining this to you, I’m not your teacher, there’s nothing in it for me educating someone who doesn’t care to learn. 

you have yet to show me the research on how to clean up dil bit on the coast. Oh right, because it doesn't exist yet.

You keep yapping about other things, sad little attempts at insults, etc. but you don't post that. I wonder why that is?

smeagol.jpg.cfbfb339af4104b5504bf38a4d323f2b.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So for a similar spill we'd potentially lose 1.2 billion per year in tourism so 2.4 billion in total, just on the tourism not any fisheries loss.... how does this make the case that BC shouldn't be concerned? 

BC tears have cost the nation at least $1.2 billion a day over the years and will continue to do so for many years to come thanks to No LNG, No Gateway, NO KM, No Energy East, No Refineries, ...no no no!  Its OK to strip mine the hell out of the Elk Valley, clear cut our forests like there's no tomorrow and spew multiple tankers of raw filth into the ocean daily because no foreign toes give a @#$%. Canada can never be Norway because we are more interested in pleasing vacuous Leo and other Putinesque puppets than taking care of our own.

Edited by mightycpc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mightycpc said:

BC tears have cost the nation at least $1.2 billion a day over the years and will continue to do so for many years to come thanks to No LNG, No Gateway, NO KM, No Energy East, No Refineries, ...no no no!  Its OK to strip mine the Elk Valley and clear cut our forests because no foreign toes give a @#$%. Canada can never be Norway because we are more interested in pleasing vacuous Leo and the other Putinesque puppets than taking care of our own.

Petronas pulled out of their own accord. Gateway was dropped because of supreme court challenges. BC isn't responsible for EE. BC has two refineries and many people prefer one more for dil bit so we don't have to have the tar spill risk. 

you're literally complaining about things BC citizens (other than first nations) had no control over. 

As far as KM goes it hasn't been stopped yet. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you have yet to show me the research on how to clean up dil bit on the coast. Oh right, because it doesn't exist yet.

Ah so it goes from who’s going to clean it up to how. Funny how the goal post keep changing once i destroy the argument you stated. I’m not your teacher, do your own research. There’s nothing in it for me

You keep yapping about other things, sad little attempts at insults, etc. but you don't post that. I wonder why that is?

Insults. What insult have I stated? In need of a safe place are we?

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Ah so it goes from who’s going to clean it up to how. Funny how the goal post keep changing once i destroy the argument you stated. I’m not your teacher, do your own research. There’s nothing in it for me

Insults. What insult have I stated? In need of a safe place are we?

I've never changed my position on spill risk and cleanup ability, anyone who's read my posts know that. You've "destroyed" nothing, I challenged you to show the research on coastal dil bit cleanup and you've failed, quite spectacularly.

Safe from you? :lol: 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

BC tears have cost the nation at least $1.2 billion a day over the years and will continue to do so for many years to come thanks to No LNG, No Gateway, NO KM, No Energy East, No Refineries, ...no no no!  Its OK to strip mine the hell out of the Elk Valley, clear cut our forests like there's no tomorrow and spew multiple tankers of raw filth into the ocean daily because no foreign toes give a @#$%. Canada can never be Norway because we are more interested in pleasing vacuous Leo and other Putinesque puppets than taking care of our own.

Having trouble making your payments on your F 350 ?   Maybe buy a  Toyota Prius  next time instead....

Edited by kingofsurrey

36 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Having trouble making your payments on your F 350 ?   Maybe buy a  Toyota Prius  next time instead....

If you want to save the planet, meet me in Sparwood. We can blockade some moonscapes. I doubt that Leo will join us though. Russians don't have a lot at stake when it comes to coal.

Edited by mightycpc

4 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

and comments like this are exactly why people can’t stand the anti pipeline crowd. They act like over dramatic 5 year olds thinking this pipeline has the same impact as the tsar bomb going off. 

Think about the reaction you gave. Now consider: 

A )that’s a pipeline build 57 years ago. Does you 1961 car still run without leaking?  

B ) define a spill. A recorded spill is anything over 1.5 cubic meters.  Is 1.5 cubic meters going to destroy BC. How about 3 spills at the rate?  

The company has the legal responsibility to contain and clean up any spill. As well as put in any extra measurements to prevent a spill from happening. There hasn’t been a single spill in the Westridge Marine terminal ever which has been going on since 1957. 

I personally have order the spraying to probably ten times that much bitumen all over the place!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mightycpc said:

If you want to save the planet, meet me in Sparwood. We can blockade some moonscapes. I doubt that Leo will join us though. Russians don't have a lot at stake when it comes to coal.

I thought you in BC mined coal used for making steel and not thermal coal.   Why would you want to stop making steel?   Even wind turbines need steel for your GREEN stuff.

21 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wind - KILLS BIRDS AND BATS AND REQUIRES A LOT OF LAND

Run of River - no dam - KILLS FISH, LOTS OF FISH

Solar - TAKES UP LOTS OF LAND AND IS QUITE INEFFECTUAL IN MOST OF CANADA

Tidal - UNPROVEN AT SCALE AND MOST PEOPLE FIND IT IMPACTS THE AREA AND DEVASTATES SEA LIFE

Wave - SAME AS TIDAL BUT HAVING ANOTHER NAME FOR SAME ITEMS THAT MAY GIVE <1% ENERGY NEEDS IS A CUTE TRY

Geothermal - HAD PROMISE IN 70'S BUT MOST ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS DISLIKE DUE TO FRACKING REQUIRED AND LARGE AMOUNTS OF CONTAMINATED WATER INVOLVED THAT IS HARD TO DISPOSE OF

Bio Mass - WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS?    HUMANS USED AS BATTERIES LIKE FROM THE MATRIX?

There are the one's i would want to see dramatically expanded.

Of course many changes to building code as well. 

Couple of reads for you

https://www.bcsea.org/news/could-bc-become-100-renewable-energy-region-part-1-of-4-part-series

https://www.bcsea.org/energy-info/clean-renewable-energy-british-columbia

Wind - KILLS BIRDS AND BATS AND REQUIRES A LOT OF LAND

Run of River - no dam - KILLS FISH, LOTS OF FISH

Solar - TAKES UP LOTS OF LAND AND IS QUITE INEFFECTUAL IN MOST OF CANADA

Tidal - UNPROVEN AT SCALE AND MOST PEOPLE FIND IT IMPACTS THE AREA AND DEVASTATES SEA LIFE

Wave - SAME AS TIDAL BUT HAVING ANOTHER NAME FOR SAME ITEMS THAT MAY GIVE <1% ENERGY NEEDS IS A CUTE TRY

Geothermal - HAD PROMISE IN 70'S BUT MOST ENVIRONMENTAL GROUPS DISLIKE DUE TO FRACKING REQUIRED AND LARGE AMOUNTS OF CONTAMINATED WATER INVOLVED THAT IS HARD TO DISPOSE OF

Bio Mass - WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS?    HUMANS USED AS BATTERIES LIKE FROM THE MATRIX?

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, mightycpc said:

Canada can never be Norway because we are more interested in pleasing vacuous Leo and other Putinesque puppets than taking care of our own.

Alberta can never be Norway because Norway was smart enough not to dip into its prosperity fund too early.