The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

north coast tanker moratorium , kitamat  plebiscite  60%against   numerous court cases , btw check out eagle spirit energy holdings ,partnering with F.Aquilini.  you've assumed i'm anti pipeline ,along with a few other assumptions , you've also managed to tick off deb , your off to a good start 

thats a very good point, considering the people who live there are most effected by this and if they are turning down jobs you know something is funky. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a very good point, considering the people who live there are most effected by this and if they are turning down jobs you know something is funky. 

endbridge was the worst possible proposal , they were even less popular than notley is now,  have you heard about DFO'S  wanting to shut salmon fishing down?   i'm thinkin how does this relate , helping to justify maybe?lol wouldn't suprise me.

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

endbridge was the worst possible proposal , they were even less popular than notley is now,  have you heard about DFO'S  wanting to shut salmon fishing down?   i'm thinkin how does this relate , helping to justify maybe?lol wouldn't suprise me.

hadn't heard that.... yikes. 

49 minutes ago, chon derry said:

north coast tanker moratorium , kitamat  plebiscite  60%against   numerous court cases , btw check out eagle spirit energy holdings ,partnering with F.Aquilini.  you've assumed i'm anti pipeline ,along with a few other assumptions , you've also managed to tick off deb , your off to a good start 

Good that you have a pet project. Foreign money influences moratoriums, and local opinions. Harper needed to build pipelines with War Measures Act style legislation. It would have cost him an election, but made us the envy of the world.

2 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

Good that you have a pet project. Foreign money influences moratoriums, and local opinions. Harper needed to build pipelines with War Measures Act style legislation. It would have cost him an election, but made us the envy of the world.

Trudeau Sr tried to do that and was shot down by Alberta and Lian Bryan.

We'd have been the North American Norway for resource extraction.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what does any of that have to do with Petronas puling out? oh and btw LNG Canada is still in the process of making its decision (http://www.cftktv.com/News/story.aspx?ID=2190421) AND we have an NDP gov't thats actually still in favour of it. 

At least be angry about something real, you're just making stuff up. 

We had 24 applications for LNG plants and now we hope maybe one will happen in 4 years. The US will have 10 producing plants within 2 years. Suckered again.

I learned today one thing holding up Shell is a Trudeau tariff on Chinese steel.  Only the Chinese can currently produce the huge vessels needed for LNG but fed taxes would add huge amounts to the cost of importing them.  Waving this tariff (tax) would be viewed as subsidizing oil by many here. Maybe Trudeau has dreams of triumphant tours of steel plants in the east 10 years from now.

12 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

We had 24 applications for LNG plants and now we hope maybe one will happen in 4 years. The US will have 10 producing plants within 2 years. Suckered again.

I learned today one thing holding up Shell is a Trudeau tariff on Chinese steel.  Only the Chinese can currently produce the huge vessels needed for LNG but fed taxes would add huge amounts to the cost of importing them.  Waving this tariff (tax) would be viewed as subsidizing oil by many here. Maybe Trudeau has dreams of triumphant tours of steel plants in the east 10 years from now.

Trudeau was talking about tariffs on steel products that would pass through Canada to other countries, not products that end up here. 

Post a link to the Shell info pls if its real. 

15 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

We used to have a really top ship building industry in Canada.  How about we build our own ships again?

We got to get back to building our own.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

We have/had 0 real infrastructure for containment and shipping of LNG  where as the US has I believe 7 major containment and refining facilities at ports.  With the massive North Eastern fields in Australia producing and a pipeline being laid to Malaysia and potentially extended all the way to China as well as Gazproms lines being pushed through Mongolia to Northern China and the Vladivostock refineries and port for shipping now online from Russia we were 10 years behind the game yesterday.

It has very little if anything to do with Trudeau and everything to do with foot dragging over the last 10-15 years by BC and the Feds.  With majorities in the most important places federally, provincially in Alberta and BC as well as a formerly very resource extraction friendly model the fact nothing got built in over 10 years is nothing short of criminally incompetent.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Trudeau was talking about tariffs on steel products that would pass through Canada to other countries, not products that end up here. 

Post a link to the Shell info pls if its real. 

It was an interview with a Shell rep aired on BNN about 7 am today.

Edited by mightycpc

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We have/had 0 real infrastructure for containment and shipping of LNG  where as the US has I believe 7 major containment and refining facilities at ports.  With the massive North Eastern fields in Australia producing and a pipeline being laid to Malaysia and potentially extended all the way to China as well as Gazproms lines being pushed through Mongolia to Northern China and the Vladivostock refineries and port for shipping now online from Russia we were 10 years behind the game yesterday.

It has very little if anything to do with Trudeau and everything to do with foot dragging over the last 10-15 years by BC and the Feds.  With majorities in the most important places federally, provincially in Alberta and BC as well as a formerly very resource extraction friendly model the fact nothing got built in over 10 years is nothing short of criminally incompetent.

Harper wanted to help AB, not BC. A thriving LNG industry in BC did no good whatsoever to pressure BC into new pipelines. 

On 1/31/2018 at 12:34 AM, Ryan Strome said:

Kinder Pipeline officially dead

Apparently the reports of its death was woefully premature:

Ottawa to make this happen - about bloody time

Ottawa 'determined' to see Trans Mountain pipeline expanded: minister

Broad consultations confirmed Trans Mountain is in public interest: Jim Carr

The Canadian Press Posted: Mar 15, 2018 2:33 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 15, 2018 4:05 PM ET

Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr has reaffirmed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's position that the Liberal government is determined to ensure the Trans Mountain pipeline is expanded.

Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr has reaffirmed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's position that the Liberal government is determined to ensure the Trans Mountain pipeline is expanded. (CBC)

1262 shares
  facebook-up.png
Facebook

twitter-up.png
Twitter

reddit-up.png
Reddit

plus-up.png
Google

share-up.png

email-up.png
Email

Related Stories

Canada's natural resources minister says Ottawa is determined to see the Trans Mountain pipeline expanded, despite an interprovincial dispute on whether the project should go ahead.

Jim Carr said the federal government approved the project because broad consultations determined it was in the national interest and will help facilitate a transition to clean energy.

"Our plan is to use this time of transition to Canada's advantage by building the infrastructure to get our resources to global markets and using the revenues to invest in clean forms of energy," he said in Vancouver on Thursday. "That's why we've approved pipelines, including the Trans Mountain expansion, and we're determined to see them built."

Alberta and B.C. have been locked in a battle over the future of Kinder Morgan Canada's $7.4-billion plan to triple capacity of the Trans Mountain pipeline, which runs from Edmonton to Burnaby, B.C.

his week, Alberta Premier Rachel Notley called on the federal government to do whatever it takes to get the pipeline built.

"Our government will not hesitate to do whatever is necessary to push the federal government to stand up for Albertans and for all Canadians, because we know that's what the pipeline represents," she said in the legislature.

The federal government continues to voice its support for the project and has already stepped in to intervene with the National Energy Board over construction delays, Carr said.

He noted that Trans Mountain still faces significant opposition in B.C., where thousands of people recently rallied in protest of the project and where the provincial government has raised concerns about the pipeline's possible environmental and economic impacts.

Pipeline Protest 20180310

Thousands of people march together during a protest against the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline expansion in Burnaby, B.C., on Saturday. The pipeline is set to increase the capacity of oil products flowing from Alberta to the B.C. coast to 890,000 barrels from 300,000 barrels. (Darryl Dyck/Canadian Press)

B.C. has a right to consult with residents about the project, but the federal government has already held broad consultations and determined that expanding the pipeline is in the national interest, Carr said.

"We understand that you're not going to have everybody in the country thinking that a major energy project is a good idea, but there's only one government that has the responsibility of determining the national interest and that's the government of Canada. And we have made that decision," he said.

B.C. Premier John Horgan has said his government will ask the courts to determine if it has jurisdiction to limit how much diluted bitumen can flow through pipelines in the province.

Carr said the federal government is waiting for details of the reference case before determining its next steps.

15 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, of course Alberta has high paying jobs...

But you must acknowledge that the Alberta Conservative Party squandered  a fortune in legacy funds that should have set up future generation of Albertans.

The massive oil profits were wasted with very little to show and it is such a shame for the future generations of citizens in the province.

If only the money would have been properly invested..........   30 years with basically no gain is  just unbelievable poor management by Alberta conservatives...

NO wonder the province finally woke up and voted NDP for better financial management....

If only Alberta had of received full value for its oil. But we didn't and don't because far lefties like you oppose pipelines. People like you seem happy about America controlling our resources. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

@Rob_Zepp I never said it was dead. I don't even know how you quoted that.

I wasn't quoting you - at least I didn't think I was.   I could swear I was quoting the King of Curry.   Not sure what happened.    Pretty funny, however, as I don't think you would have said that.    Next I will have you voting for Clinton and Horgan.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

I wasn't quoting you - at least I didn't think I was.   I could swear I was quoting the King of Curry.   Not sure what happened.    Pretty funny, however, as I don't think you would have said that.    Next I will have you voting for Clinton and Horgan.

:angry:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mightycpc said:

It was an interview with a Shell rep aired on BNN about 7 am today.

here it is: https://www.bnn.ca/commodities/video/no-final-investment-decision-date-for-lng-canada-shell-canada-president~1348919

It actually sounds quite hopeful re: importing the large tanks from China... not sure where your drama comes from but this interview is very positive, even from a carbon footprint pov. 

• Cheers 1