The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So are you calling me a donkey?

I thought I apologized for calling you an alien?

My mom is 99, and lived out here since the 50’s, yet she still hates the trapped feeling of the mountains.  I know my wife really misses the openness of the prairie.  If it wasn’t for the Flames, I think I might have stayed out that way.  :lol:  I did like Lanny though.  Good guy.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Defense lawyers? One would think they would move to Surrey with all the criminals to defend.

They likely decided in Alberta knowing their clients could afford to pay them rather than being a public attorney and making peanuts from the government because most in BC can't afford their own representation.

Just my guess.

I heard Alberta is the meth capital of Canada.....  should be lots of work for  lawyers  in Alberta......

But it could be tractor pull accident lawsuits / claims...... or .  lawsuits from cancer survivors against the chewing tobacco industry..... which is centred in Alberta.

Just now, Alflives said:

My mom is 99, and lived out here since the 50’s, yet she still hates the trapped feeling of the mountains.  I know my wife really misses the openness of the prairie.  If it wasn’t for the Flames, I think I might have stayed out that way.  :lol:  I did like Lanny though.  Good guy.

There's always Saskatchewan. They don't have a nhl team and you could invest in a wheel alignment shop you could make a killing.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I heard Alberta is the meth capital of Canada.....  should be lots of work for  lawyers  in Alberta......

But it could be tractor pull accident lawsuits / claims...... or .  lawsuits from cancer survivors against the chewing tobacco industry..... which is centred in Alberta.

Ok you made me laugh, I'm off to bed have a good night.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love the open prairie of Alberta.  I think it’s beautiful.  Wife is from down by Nanton.  Vulcan actually.  Big farm country.  Helped her dad a lot on the farm in the 80’s and 90’s.  My mom is from Lethbridge.  I fell in love with South Western Alberta during those years.  Listened to a lot of 960 sports radio while down on the farm.  I just hated seeing the oil donkeys going up in the fields:(

I loved living in Edmonton for a couple of years .  Very friendly people.   

Lived on  121 st just half a block off Jasper Ave.   Good times. 

I loved living in Edmonton for a couple of years .  Very friendly people.   

Lived on  121 st just half a block off Jasper Ave.   Good times. 

We live in the best country in the world.  Whether it’s Alberta, BC, or Nova Scotia, I’d rather live in any part of our great country than anywhere else in the world.  Although the further east one goes in this country, the more Leaf’s fans there is.  :sick:

Just now, Alflives said:

We live in the best country in the world.  Whether it’s Alberta, BC, or Nova Scotia, I’d rather live in any part of our great country than anywhere else in the world.  Although the further east one goes in this country, the more Leaf’s fans there is.  :sick:

100% true. 

100% true. 

I’ve lived a big dream King.  We lived on the Atlantic in NS and the pacific here.  We loved both.  Canadians are great on both coasts, and in between too.  It’s just those darned Leaf’s fans back east that make it hard living out there.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You heard wrong.  Try Manitoba.

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

C'mon you are straw manning here. Just because people own a car doesn't mean they aren't environmentally conscious. I own a car but walk to most places I need to go, or bus, or bike. I am lucky to live close enough to commute by foot or bus everyday. I still drive on weekends or for road trips; does that make me a hypocrite for wanting a better deal for BC in re to the pipeline? BC coastline bears all the risk and many communities and major industries with it. I understand, and want, the economic boost that the pipeline would bring, who wouldn't? BUT I think it is important for the federal and the provincial governments of BC and Alberta to formulate preventative measures against spills. Remember when there was that minor oil leak in English bay about 3 years ago? The first people to the beaches to clean it up were citizens! As of now BC does not have the systems in place to respond to a large scale spill of any kind.

You can't argue that you're worried about the environment when you pollute it yourself, how can anyone argue with that really. It would be like saying you're all about PETA, but hey occasionally I like to wear my fur coat at special occasions, it doesn't work like that.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your fear mongering tactics will not work.  

Too bad Alberta has wasted their Heritage fund... Norway has  over a trillion in their fund.

Albeta and Albertans sound like a bunch of whiners.......     You mismanage your province resources / investments / oil revenues.... and now you try to blame BC for your own ineptness.   Too funny. 

Tactics? You're calling Global News stories tactics? It was on the freaking news. 

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Healthcare in BC is terrible and young doctors and especially teachers struggle in Vancouver.

then healthcare in AB must be medieval since BC ranks higher than AB in Conference Board rankings and we have the healthiest population in Canada. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. Our teacher salaries are average. Maybe you guys in AB pay too much? 

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

There's always Saskatchewan. They don't have a nhl team and you could invest in a wheel alignment shop you could make a killing.

Yep. I'd recommend Rosetown....it's an example of the type of marketing Erik the Red employed when he named Greenland...

You're supposed to hear "Rosetown" and think of flowers, but in reality it's more like "Yup. The sun rose again today"......

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

I like it there too.  Maybe old Alf is just a prairie boy at heart?  

the Cypress Hills area is really neat. So is the top 1/3, there's some fascinating landscape up there like Canadian shield and actual deserts. But in between those if you've eaten wheat and seen a grasshopper you've pretty much done it all. 

42 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

then healthcare in AB must be medieval since BC ranks higher than AB in Conference Board rankings and we have the healthiest population in Canada. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. Our teacher salaries are average. Maybe you guys in AB pay too much? 

Personally I don't think teachers, doctors and nurses can be paid to much. How BC liberal of you Jimmy. Your teachers may be paid average but your cost of living in Vancouver is the highest in Canada.

Ya healthcare in BC is great... In Vancouver People were on stretchers in a bloody cafeteria and places like Penticton have hospitals full of asbestos that were built back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

50 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Personally I don't think teachers, doctors and nurses can be paid to much. How BC liberal of you Jimmy. Your teachers may be paid average but your cost of living in Vancouver is the highest in Canada.

Ya healthcare in BC is great... In Vancouver People were on stretchers in a bloody cafeteria and places like Penticton have hospitals full of asbestos that were built back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Same thing at Foothills too e.g., stretchers in hallways in a pan-Canadian tradition. 

I do think teachers can be paid too much, thats true. Right now its adequate to the job imo.  I'm not all that impressed with the BCTU after having a kid go through the BC system. 

Archived