The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

On March 16, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Ryan Strome said:

If only Alberta had of received full value for its oil. But we didn't and don't because far lefties like you oppose pipelines. People like you seem happy about America controlling our resources. 

Very sad that u dont hold alberta pc party more responsible for their epic mismanage ment.  

Ur anger towards canada is missplaced. 

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Very sad that u dont hold alberta pc party more responsible for their epic mismanage ment.  

Very sad that you support America controlling our resources.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

B.C economy kind of remindes me of gulf states and Russia, most exports are natural resources

I wonder what will happen when those run out?

Also how much more it will get accelerated once, USA and China put a stranglehold  on the province?

https://www.bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Files/abf58192-be2b-471f-bd16-f1f87ad1f512/ExportsAnnualData.pdf

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

If we were in control of our resources we wouldn't need to be involved with a Texas based company OR load them up to send elsewhere.  We'd eliminate these middle men.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If we were in control of our resources we wouldn't need to be involved with a Texas based company OR load them up to send elsewhere.  We'd eliminate these middle men.

We have no where to ship our oil except the U.S at a major reduced price. It's no surprise why there is U.S money funding this block the pipeline expansion campaign.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

here it is: https://www.bnn.ca/commodities/video/no-final-investment-decision-date-for-lng-canada-shell-canada-president~1348919

It actually sounds quite hopeful re: importing the large tanks from China... not sure where your drama comes from but this interview is very positive, even from a carbon footprint pov. 

Yes, most expect one LNG plant will be built. Pathetic. Please notice what I and others have posted. We lost out. Other countries have taken our market because we pander. Is there still opportunity? Some think maybe.

2 hours ago, mightycpc said:

Yes, most expect one LNG plant will be built. Pathetic. Please notice what I and others have posted. We lost out. Other countries have taken our market because we pander. Is there still opportunity? Some think maybe.

meh. Large companies made their own market-based decisions. The narrative that other countries are eating our lunch is tiresome and can't be backed up by anything but more neo-con mythology. Petronas didn't spend millions on researching the opportunity for kicks.  

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

?? Why did you think that? I don't live in Vancouver and as far as our oil goes it can only get shipped to the U.S at a reduced price. Just the way the anti Trump people like it. :lol:

i was just being goofy. It makes as much sense as all the other mythology being thrown around. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

meh. Large companies made their own market-based decisions. The narrative that other countries are eating our lunch is tiresome and can't be backed up by anything but more neo-con mythology. Petronas didn't spend millions on researching the opportunity for kicks.  

Oh, I stand corrected.  I thought Petronas gave up because they spent a fortune and still no approval. 

47 minutes ago, mightycpc said:

Oh, I stand corrected.  I thought Petronas gave up because they spent a fortune and still no approval. 

no they gave up because the market price is just too low for the 36 billion they would have needed to invest to make it all work. 

But, like you pointed out the Shell group bid looks very positive. Its a big space with a lot of countries and players, if we end up getting even one or two its a very big deal for us. 

On 3/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Wind

Run of River - no dam

Solar

Tidal

Wave 

Geothermal

Bio Mass 

There are the one's i would want to see dramatically expanded.

Of course many changes to building code as well. 

Couple of reads for you

https://www.bcsea.org/news/could-bc-become-100-renewable-energy-region-part-1-of-4-part-series

https://www.bcsea.org/energy-info/clean-renewable-energy-british-columbia

After years of drum beating, these earth killing alternatives provide only 1% of our energy needs. Accept the least destructive alternative...fossil fuel. Oil demand is exploding. Promote the product from Canada, it's purest and most environmentally responsible source. Reject Putin's seeds of disinformation.

https://www.baystreet.ca/commodities/1769/The-Harsh-Reality-Of-A-Global-Energy-Transition

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/06/19/peak-oil-demand-is-millions-of-barrels-away/#24ec43ff6940

Geothermal would be an exception to the "earth killing" label, afaik.

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, kingofsurrey said:

It makes you wonder who all those trolls from Saint Petersburg that are swooping into various Facebook and other discussion forums really are!!!

Things I would check for......

• A committed focus to an ideal, regardless of it's validity, with a beleif in it that would rival the most devout religous type.
  • Weighing into debates to try to get people in the country of question to battle one another.
  • Poor use of the english language.
  • Ensure that they allways hold their view as the view of everyone!

I think you might have unearthered on there! Remember, the secret isn't to fall for the troll, it's to ignore it.

Horgan just all but ok'd LNG development in the province up to and including tax credits for investing companies.  I recall stating he'd turn around and ok almost everything people swore he'd be against.  Turns out I was right.

B.C.’s provincial government is offering a PST exemption for the construction costs on any LNG facilities in an effort to secure a final investment decision from LNG Canada.

The government is also setting a cap of $30 per tonne on its carbon tax, exempting LNG facilities from having to pay more in the event that the tax goes up to $50 per tonne.

But the rebate would only apply if LNG Canada met a target to build the world’s cleanest LNG facility when it comes to carbon emissions.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4099569/watch-live-b-c-premier-john-horgan-set-to-make-natural-gas-announcement/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Horgan just all but ok'd LNG development in the province up to and including tax credits for investing companies.  I recall stating he'd turn around and ok almost everything people swore he'd be against.  Turns out I was right.

B.C.’s provincial government is offering a PST exemption for the construction costs on any LNG facilities in an effort to secure a final investment decision from LNG Canada.

The government is also setting a cap of $30 per tonne on its carbon tax, exempting LNG facilities from having to pay more in the event that the tax goes up to $50 per tonne.

But the rebate would only apply if LNG Canada met a target to build the world’s cleanest LNG facility when it comes to carbon emissions.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4099569/watch-live-b-c-premier-john-horgan-set-to-make-natural-gas-announcement/?utm_source=GlobalBC&utm_medium=Facebook

That's shockingly balanced. NDP doing better than I feared, that's for sure.

Can't say I agree with everything Horgan has to say but definately strikes me as the kind I could go for a beer with.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

So Andrew Weaver time to step up.

Will you vote out the coalition government, or continue to sleep with your enemy, for money and  a small bit of power?

Heck, if it's to put through an LNG proposal that the industry is cool with, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Liberals support them.

For that at least. Very smart politicing by the NDP IMHO.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

So Andrew Weaver time to step up.

Will you vote out the coalition government, or continue to sleep with your enemy, for money and  a small bit of power?

Actually as per the interview.

Horgan said Weaver was not happy and that it was ok to be unhappy.  But Horgan is allowing Weaver to take the reigns for climate change and industry standards across multiple other industries as a trade off for this.

Weaver is getting what he wants in broad areas while Horgan is allowing important areas to happen.