Canucks Community

[Proposal] Blue Jackets - Canucks

Gabriel Carlsson     21yrs.      6-4
Boone Jenner         24yrs.      6-2

18’ 2/3 rd pick

For

Erik Gudbranson 
Sven Baertschi

This trade would have to be one of those deals where Gudbranson had a deal waiting for him and Obviously agreed before... Van would get a young shut down type D man that almost made the  blue jackets roster.. was the best looking man in camp... And get a forward that is tough and maybe a change of Scenery would get him going again....

26 minutes ago, burrows101 said:

Gabriel Carlsson     21yrs.      6-4
Boone Jenner         24yrs.      6-2

18’ 2/3 rd pick

For

Erik Gudbranson 
Sven Baertschi

This trade would have to be one of those deals where Gudbranson had a deal waiting for him and Obviously agreed before... Van would get a young shut down type D man that almost made the  blue jackets roster.. was the best looking man in camp... And get a forward that is tough and maybe a change of Scenery would get him going again....

interesting trade idea, I do like Boone Jenner. Baer has been such a good story with how he has developed would be nice to keep him. But you have to give to get.

Only thing I see is Carlsson is yet another lefty, we are stacked with lhd and prospect lhd. Not sure if or how Guddy would fit on their team

My big question is, what's happened to Boone Jenner?  After several years of looking like a first liner his scoring has dropped to 3rd line levels and he's in their bottom-6 group.  Is it deployment, health, or just bad luck?  I'd want that figured out before moving a potential future top guy in Sven when guys like Sutter and Jake also provide grit and two-way play.

Carlsson as a prospect would look solid, and I do trust Jarmo's draft pedigree and ability to find guys (Josh Anderson in the 4th, Nutivaraa in the 7th?!), but I just wonder if we need another guy like Gabriel (left D, not the most physical or mobile, reliance on defensive intelligence) when we have a decent guy in Juolevi as well as other young left handed options.  Also hope his game is still a fit for the big leagues when he appears more defensively oriented and the team could use some offense from the back end.  Still a good asset to get on a name basis for Erik though, at worst we can flip him for another guy if needed.

Interesting.  I'd be willing to do that.  Hope that Jenner regains his form of being a potential top guy, and add a good defensive prospect, even though he is on the left side.  I'm not sure Columbus would but it depends how they value Baertschi and Gudbranson, as well as if Guddy would re-sign there before the trade.

22 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

My big question is, what's happened to Boone Jenner?  After several years of looking like a first liner his scoring has dropped to 3rd line levels and he's in their bottom-6 group.  Is it deployment, health, or just bad luck?  I'd want that figured out before moving a potential future top guy in Sven when guys like Sutter and Jake also provide grit and two-way play.

His stats have changed since the arrival of John Tortorella, maybe Torts wants him to play a checking role ona 3rd line vs top 6.

Jenner would be a nice trade target but hard to see a playoff team moving an asset like him in season, maybe at the draft tho?

Archived