Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Big Trade, Van/NYI (Proposal)


Recommended Posts

Let's get Calgary's 1st R pick. NYI wanna' win(make PO's), to entice Tavares to sign...

 

Van: Markstrom (think he's getting better)

Hutton

Granlund

2018 3rd R pick

 

NYI: Greiss ..2 more yrs of 3.3 mill to endure(we'd need Demko sooner)

Calgary 2018 1st (the big prize)

Nelson(more size than Gran)

Aho(AHL D-man) ..send him to Comets, & call up Holm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's get Calgary's 1st R pick. NYI wanna' win(make PO's), to entice Tavares to sign...

 

Van: Markstrom (think he's getting better)

Hutton

Granlund

2018 3rd R pick

 

NYI: Greiss ..2 more yrs of 3.3 mill to endure(we'd need Demko sooner)

Calgary 2018 1st (the big prize)

Nelson(more size than Gran)

Aho(AHL D-man) ..send him to Comets, & call up Holm

Its a nice idea to get one of their 1st round picks. I dont we can get one unless Tanev is the type of player going back. I think the nyi can get Mrazek for cheap from detroit instead, he has been doing well lately.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Its a nice idea to get one of their 1st round picks. I dont we can get one unless Tanev is the type of player going back. I think the nyi can get Mrazek for cheap from detroit instead, he has been doing well lately.

 

 

Yeah..possibly a few options out there. Has Mrazek's health held up?..see he's only played 18 games.

 

Halak is UFA, at season-end. So Marky signed 2 more(almost same deal as Greiss), gives them time to develop their gt prospects. GM Snow might see potential in JM?

With the other 2 pieces we help them add depth, especially seeing they've got a couple D-men out long term. In a PO dogfight, they might want more depth.

 

On HFBoards, their fanbase has been rant/raving over their 'tending. Greiss is about .885%(brutal). Him & Nilsson would either wake up, or more likely drive the stealth-tank for Dahlin.

 

If Flamers missed the PO's, we'd have TWO shots at #1OA pick. Might even make our pick to NYI, a conditional 2nd(if NYI miss PO's, for example, we change to giving our 2nd)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now way islanders give up that much.    

If there trying to make the playoffs, they'd want to upgrade, not downgrade and then add in a unprotect 1st round pick.  

 

On the left side they have leddy, Pelech and Hickey, Hutton would be lower than all them on the depth chart.  

Granlund has 11 points this year, he's not holding much value, and us a down grade on Nelson

Markstrom hasn't proven to be a number one goalie. His 908, 2.73 isn't that impressive, i don't think you can say he's an upgrade at this point in time.

Aho was lighting up his first year in the AHL this year.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gudbranson and Granlund?  Tanev and Granny would even work for me, just would like a Pulock in return (Chris has term so if we deal him I hope we can get the younger Pulock in return) and those two should help on the defensive end as both have good two-way ability.

Chris and Granny for Pulock and 2nd?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

another attempt...

VAN:

Gud (retain 1 mill)

Markstrom

***2018 cond pick(2, 3 or round 4)***

 

NYI:

Brock Nelson

Greiss

Calgary 2018 1st

 

- With retained salary, we'd add about 700K between the two sides. With big righty Boychuk out LTIR, this fits for Isles.

***cond pick*** Isles miss PO's, take our 2018 2nd(likely around #35 OA)

make PO's, take our 3rd

win a round? Give them a 4th(if we have to scrounge one up somewheres!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Most likely scenario in this case would be Tanev for the lower of their two first round picks. A mid-1st is perfect value for the Tan man IMO

 

NYI: Tanev

VAN: NYI or CGY 1st (lower of the two)

The Islanders received a first round pick and two second rounders from Calgary for Hamonic.  Tanev is worth the same as Hamonic in my mind.  I'd be looking for the Calgary pick and at least one first rounder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

another attempt...

VAN:

Gud (retain 1 mill)

Markstrom

***2018 cond pick(2, 3 or round 4)***

 

NYI:

Brock Nelson

Greiss

Calgary 2018 1st

 

- With retained salary, we'd add about 700K between the two sides. With big righty Boychuk out LTIR, this fits for Isles.

***cond pick*** Isles miss PO's, take our 2018 2nd(likely around #35 OA)

make PO's, take our 3rd

win a round? Give them a 4th(if we have to scrounge one up somewheres!)

I like it, I'm just not sure why Nelson is included.  They need him more than us.  With it being at the trade deadline, and us keeping some of Gud's salary, I think it could work under the cap.  I think we should offer

 

Markstrom, Gudbranson (half retained), 4th rounder

for Greiss, Calgary's first

or if they are really going for it to make the playoffs and convince Tavares to stay then they trade for a better goalie in Markstrom, and a good RH defenseman to replace Hamonic in exchange for the assets they got from Calgary.

 

Tanev, Markstrom, Granlund for Greiss, Calgary 1st, NYI 1st (or maybe Pelech instead of this 1st)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...