The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (04-10) 2018

Ken Hitchcock does not feel bad for Joel Quenneville and the struggling Blackhawks, telling Emily Kaplan of ESPN:

"He can give me his rings all he wants. I don't give a damn. Competition is competition. He's had his day in the sun. He's a great coach but you can't feel for anybody. Those are the things you can do in the summer, when you get together, you talk to a guy on the phone, when he's facing personal adversity. But during competition you're in your own group and you hope the other group fails like crazy."

Alain Vigneault made the curious decision to blame Henrik Lundqvist for the Rangers not being in a playoff position.

"I believe that we’re a goaltender getting on a roll here [away from] being back in the hunt and back into the playoffs," Vigneault told Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post. “We started our season 4-7-2 and we were a little inconsistent in the goaltending department..."

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Troy Brouwer is out with a facial fracture and is considered week-to-week.

I'm absolutely not a fan of Brouwer, as he has not come anywhere close to living up to the $ of his contract.

That said, he is one tough SOB.

He received that injury on his first shift in the first period.

He returned before the end of that period and finished the rest of the game (almost 12 minutes in a third line role).

Archived