Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion/Proposal Van - Arizona


Wiznac

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Wiznac said:

After reading about the rumour about Max Dominbeing available. I’m wondering about what it might cost to get him. 

 

To Van : M Domi

 

To Arizona : 1st 2019 and Goldobin 

 

thoughts ??

That’s INSANE!

Domi is doing NOTHING this season.  He’s got 3 goals (count ‘em -3). He gets PP, and ozone 5on 5.  He’s currently a MINUS 20 too boot.  Why would we give up a top pick for that?  

 

Goldy or Hutton straight up.  That’s more than fair.  

 

Now this is our Canuck’s board, right?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Some would be a great add for us. As long as we don't move a 1st rounder or one of our untouchables I'm good. Maybe something like:

 

To ARI:

 

Hutton

Goldobin

2nd Round Pick 2018 or 2019, either one

 

To VAN:

 

Domi

I don't think you've seen Domi's stats the last couple years. This is a pretty massive overpayment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I don't think you've seen Domi's stats the last couple years. This is a pretty massive overpayment

 

I understand that he has been underwhelming recently, but Arizona should be able to sell him with his potential still factored in, which is still pretty good. If we can get him for less than that, then there's no excuse for not acquiring him. Could you imagine if we picked up Domi and one of the top forward prospects at the draft?

 

Virtanen - Pettersson - Svechnikov

Domi - Horvat - Boeser

 

We would be set at forward for a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s INSANE!

Domi is doing NOTHING this season.  He’s got 3 goals (count ‘em -3). He gets PP, and ozone 5on 5.  He’s currently a MINUS 20 too boot.  Why would we give up a top pick for that?  

 

Goldy or Hutton straight up.  That’s more than fair.  

 

Now this is our Canuck’s board, right?  

Eww (to Domi's stats) I guess he should start considering a role like his Dad's to keep his job ha ha.  Definitely fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s INSANE!

Domi is doing NOTHING this season.  He’s got 3 goals (count ‘em -3). He gets PP, and ozone 5on 5.  He’s currently a MINUS 20 too boot.  Why would we give up a top pick for that?  

 

Goldy or Hutton straight up.  That’s more than fair.  

 

Now this is our Canuck’s board, right?  

To be fair Domi broke his hand last year and missed a lot, also was put at center this year a position he hasn't player since junior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hutton for Domi straight up. 

 

Hutton is a big bodied defensemen who showed really good potential in his rookie year. 

 

Domi is a big bodied forward who showed really good potential in his rookie year. 

 

Seems pretty fair to me. Anything more than that and it’s not worth it. Too much risk involved in acquiring Domi. 

 

Plus hutton is one of the top D on the Canucks for analytics and fancy stats and such, which is a big deal to the management group in Arizona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Hutton for Domi straight up. 

 

Hutton is a big bodied defensemen who showed really good potential in his rookie year. 

 

Domi is a big bodied forward who showed really good potential in his rookie year. 

 

Seems pretty fair to me. Anything more than that and it’s not worth it. Too much risk involved in acquiring Domi. 

 

Plus hutton is one of the top D on the Canucks for analytics and fancy stats and such, which is a big deal to the management group in Arizona. 

This does seem fair but would like a 5th or 6th pick back as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ice orca said:

To be fair Domi broke his hand last year and missed a lot, also was put at center this year a position he hasn't player since junior.

Exactly this.  

 

He had one heck of a rookie season, but I don't think it is fair to judge him based on that one season alone.  Similarly, he did break his hand and his shooting % went way down since.

 

I still think this kid has great potential, and I like the way he plays.  Even if he doesn't achieve what everyone thought and was indicated by his rookie season, he's still a very solid 3rd line player. I do think, however, that rookie season was no fluke.  He's very talented, and I can't believe those who think that a trade straight up for Hutton is even remotely fair... let alone your suggestion Ojibwa72 that we should get a 5th or 6th as well.

 

If there are ANY chance of getting him straight across for Hutton, I'd say JB should do it immediately.  Personally, I'd even ADD a pick to get it done.  Goldobin and a 1st though?  That's way too much.  We're going to have anywhere from a 1st to 6th pick, and while the jury is still out on Goldobin he *does* have 1st line potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Exactly this.  

 

He had one heck of a rookie season, but I don't think it is fair to judge him based on that one season alone.  Similarly, he did break his hand and his shooting % went way down since.

 

I still think this kid has great potential, and I like the way he plays.  Even if he doesn't achieve what everyone thought and was indicated by his rookie season, he's still a very solid 3rd line player. I do think, however, that rookie season was no fluke.  He's very talented, and I can't believe those who think that a trade straight up for Hutton is even remotely fair... let alone your suggestion Ojibwa72 that we should get a 5th or 6th as well.

 

If there are ANY chance of getting him straight across for Hutton, I'd say JB should do it immediately.  Personally, I'd even ADD a pick to get it done.  Goldobin and a 1st though?  That's way too much.  We're going to have anywhere from a 1st to 6th pick, and while the jury is still out on Goldobin he *does* have 1st line potential.

No idea why people throw around goldobin name in trades like all he is worth is a 4th round pick. Canucks still have him under contract another year. His potential is too high for him to be used as an add on in a trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

No idea why people throw around goldobin name in trades like all he is worth is a 4th round pick. Canucks still have him under contract another year. His potential is too high for him to be used as an add on in a trade

Generally speaking I agree with you on this.  He's still quite young and has shown NHL-class skill at times.  His issue is just putting together a consistent, complete game and sometimes it just takes time for guys to learn how to do that.

 

With that said, if a GM has happened to see that NHL-class skill, they might want him as part of a package, and as he is unproven I'd be willing to add him to a trade package if desired.  But not to just give him away as if he was a 4th round pick equivalent, as you say. He'd be a real piece of the trade.

 

Heck, Benning saw something in him when we acquired him so I'm sure other teams aren't oblivious to what he *may* become.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Generally speaking I agree with you on this.  He's still quite young and has shown NHL-class skill at times.  His issue is just putting together a consistent, complete game and sometimes it just takes time for guys to learn how to do that.

 

With that said, if a GM has happened to see that NHL-class skill, they might want him as part of a package, and as he is unproven I'd be willing to add him to a trade package if desired.  But not to just give him away as if he was a 4th round pick equivalent, as you say. He'd be a real piece of the trade.

 

Heck, Benning saw something in him when we acquired him so I'm sure other teams aren't oblivious to what he *may* become.


 

Very true. If Arizona wanted to do  a trade where the main pieces are goldobin and Domi, then I understand trading him. But using him as an add on to a 1st round pick? Doesn’t make sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s INSANE!

Domi is doing NOTHING this season.  He’s got 3 goals (count ‘em -3). He gets PP, and ozone 5on 5.  He’s currently a MINUS 20 too boot.  Why would we give up a top pick for that?  

 

Goldy or Hutton straight up.  That’s more than fair.  

 

Now this is our Canuck’s board, right?  

I can't believe how down this board is on Max Domi simply because of a bad 1st half of this season.

Last season, Domi's PPG was better than any Canucks player with the exception of Horvat and their numbers were almost identical. The year before that, Domi had a higher PPG than Horvat did. But because he has had a bad first 52 games this season he is suddenly deemed to have a really diminished value.

 

Alf, I agree his numbers are bad this season but I really believe that is simply the organization he plays for. Yes, he is a minus 20 but Eklund-Larsson is a minus 37 so I guess he is pretty much done as well, right?. And his NHL goals this year are one more than Hutton and Goldobin combined. :bigblush:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...