The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspension] Burrows suspended for 10 games for kneeing Hall multiple of times

Odd.

I love Burrows, I really do, but that is totally unacceptable. And it still baffles me Burrows has to resort to this kind of unusual stuff. Spearing people from the nuts, biting fingers, pulling hair. 

I'm going to say this gets him at least 6-10 games. The fact that hes been offered an in-person hearing suggests he'll be suspended for more than just a few games. It sucks to see one of my favorite Canuck players do this, but he's 36 years old and he's not having the best season right now and stuff like this is the last thing he needs. 

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Thats one of those situations where a players like "your giving me a penalty ref? Ok, Im just going to go fight then."

Pretty dirty to knee a guy but we've all seen how Marchand gets away with Sh*t so it will be interesting to see what Burrows suspension looks like

None were as vicious as this one though. Could have done some serious damage to Hall particularly his neck.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

None were as vicious as this one though. Could have done some serious damage to Hall particularly his neck.

I consider slew foots and flying elbows to the head more dangerous then this. You can tell the knee hits weren't particularly hard but still a violent act

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I consider slew foots and flying elbows to the head more dangerous then this. You can tell the knee hits weren't particularly hard but still a violent act

Clearly the DOPS don't think the same. Since hes offered an in-person hearing, he's getting 6 or more games. I'm going to assume its 8 games.

I expected worse to be honest. I train in MMA and based off of his body position with both legs in the air. Those knees were never really going to do much damage.

EDIT: People acting like flying elbows or full speed slew foots falling on to ice are less dangerous are a bit ridiculous to me. There's no body weight or leverage behind these knees. They're just flaily taps that I would much prefer then high impact shots such as elbows or trips that sling me to a hard surface like ice at full speed head first. It's literally like being punched by someone that can only use the muscles from their elbow to their wrist.

Just now, Odd. said:

Because they don't share the same opinion as you?

Because a guy like Marchand can continuously get away with extremely dirty dangerous plays and practically get away with it. While a guy with minimal history gets more games then the extremely dirty player does. Just saying the systems off, not that burrows doesn't deserve a suspension.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Because a guy like Marchand can continuously get away with extremely dirty dangerous plays and practically get away with it. While a guy with minimal history gets more games then the extremely dirty player does. Just saying the systems off, not that burrows doesn't deserve a suspension.

Personally, knees to the head are far more dangerous. Neal got 5 games though 5 years ago and the game has cracked down on hits to the head since then.

Slew foots are definitely dangerous but chances are you'll have a very sore butt and not a concussion unless you fall head first onto the ice. Elbows are mostly accidental yet still very dangerous. 

Knees to the head are 100% intentional. 

22 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

I expected worse to be honest. I train in MMA and based off of his body position with both legs in the air. Those knees were never really going to do much damage.

EDIT: People acting like flying elbows or full speed slew foots falling on to ice are less dangerous are a bit ridiculous to me. There's no body weight or leverage behind these knees. They're just flaily taps that I would much prefer then high impact shots such as elbows or trips that sling me to a hard surface like ice at full speed head first. It's literally like being punched by someone that can only use the muscles from their elbow to their wrist.

You're not even allowed to knee the head on a downed opponent in mma!  You should know this if you train.

Obviously got a helmet for protection and not that powerful but still pretty obvious it was intentional....

Archived