Noah Juulsen

Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal

Chris Tanev

Granlund

Virtanen

Goldobin

Benefits for Vancouver

Galchenyuk can play both center and the wing. Probably just needs a new coach/fresh start

Blue chip defensive prospect coming back. Also a right hand shot.

Benefits for Montreal

Solid top four blueliner in Tanev. Weber -Tanev-Petry down their right side

In Virtanen they potentially get the big powerforward they've been looking for.

Granlund provides depth.

Goldobin is a solid offensive prospect, could help out with their offense. Goldobin may be better suited to playing in the East.

1 minute ago, Blazer8717 said:

To VAN 

Noah Juulsen

Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal

Chris Tanev

Granlund

Virtanen

Goldobin

Benefits for Vancouver

Galchenyuk can play both center and the wing. Probably just needs a new coach/fresh start

Benefits for Montreal

Granlund provides depth.

Goldobin is a solid offensive prospect, could help out with their offense. Goldobin may be better suited to playing in the East.

Huge over-payment by the Canucks. Tanev alone is almost worth both of them on his own. Especially since Galchenyuk is not living up to the hype.

1 minute ago, Blazer8717 said:

To VAN 

Noah Juulsen

Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal

Chris Tanev

Granlund

Virtanen

Goldobin

Benefits for Vancouver

Benefits for Montreal

Granlund provides depth.

Montreal passes.  They’ve traded away too many top assets and haven’t addressed their primary need of a top centre.  Thier biggest concern is scored by more and this trade only makes that a bigger problem.  Granlund is a bottom 6 winger.  They have essentially the same player as Virtanen in De La Rose.  Tanev is great but doesn’t address thier needs 

2 minutes ago, Blazer8717 said:

I think we value Tanev a little bit too much. He seems to be injury prone and provides little offense, though he is a superb defensive player and makes a good first past.

Galchenyuk still has tonnes of potential. 

I agree Tanev's offense is lacking but as you mentioned he's there for his defense. Also the same potential exists in both Virt and Goldobin to break out. If we going to throw a package like your proposal together I would want a proven player.

They need a LD not a RD.  They already have Weber and Petry on the right side.  They have been looking for a left PMD to play with Weber for a while now.  Juulsen and Mete are not available - they need more D prospects.

Galchenyuk cannot play C per Therrien, Bergevin and now Julien.  Instead they are forcing Drouin to play C.  

Their need is a C1 and a left side PMD.  

Not sure we need Galchenyuk.  He's... what... basically a 2nd liner.  We have plenty of such players likely coming down the pipe.  Granted, he plays with some weight but otherwise he doesn't offer anything we don't already have coming.

I like Juulsen (though I didn't know about his concussion history), and he's from BC isn't he?  I just think we're giving up too much.  Who knows how Granlund is going to fit in going forward, but I maintain Virtanen will be a 3rd line player for us and plays with an edge, which we need.  Tanev is the best player out of the group by a fair margin though - at least, if one is a deep stats kind of guy... as at first glance his stats don't look impressive.

Yeah I think both teams pass on this one. It is simultaneously a lot for us to give up, and none of the things that Montreal needs. 

They have scoring issues, centre issues, and could really use a left side offensive D. If Bergevin sells off one of his last bargaining chip and comes home with MORE wingers and defensive D... That would be more than his job is worth I think. 

Archived