The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alexandre Burrows suspended 10 games

Alex Burrows suspension  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Image result for communications 12

Sorry, I'm busy that day... ,

but I'll make you a deal... next time theres a seminar on this, let me know and I'll show up.... in turn, you read a grade 12 physics text book... specifically the sections dealing with momentum, torque and force and we'll call it even...

14 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

There's a reason why Marchand never sees this kind of "discipline"

Burr very publically called out Auger.
Auger = the NHL
Therefore
Burr called out the NHL
and the NHL has a long memory

0474-roger_.jpg

so......................  this is a big *wink *wink from the League 

I think it has just as much to do with Jeremy Jacobs being a member of the NHL Board of Directors.

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Not sure how the league can justify letting Marchand continue with his garbage at this rate.  It's fair but the league has set precedent that this kind of play is acceptable due to Marchand not being banned for life.  Seriously question the integrity of the league given Burrows was the one to expose the corruption in the officiating ranks.

Jeremy Jacobs.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it has just as much to do with Jeremy Jacobs being a member of the NHL Board of *Directors.

*Governors

The Governors are simply the Owners of the team(s)..... is there something about Jacobs that gives him more pull than any other owner? (not being snarky, just curious)
All those guys obviously have a load of $$$$$$$$$$$$

1 minute ago, ArkDepot said:

*Governors

The Governors are simply the Owners of the team(s)..... is there something about Jacobs that gives him more pull than any other owner? (not being snarky, just curious)

Thank you for clarification. Coffee is weak this morning.

14 minutes ago, ArkDepot said:

*Governors

He's not JUST a member of the board of Governors............he's the NHL Chairman of the Board of Governors..........so yes I suppose he does get more pull than other owners.

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thank you for clarification. Coffee is weak this morning.

Not saying you're mistaken. The guy has owned the Bruins for like 40 years. I know he played tag with Buttman while masterminding the salary cap, and as such had a hand in the lockout .....  but does his history of acumen, particularly relating to his business relationship with Bettman give him an "edge" when it comes to the Bruins?

stranger things have happened. I just don't know of anything concrete... like the "Colin Campbell Diaries" 

18 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

He's not JUST a member of the board of Governors............he's the NHL Chairman of the Board of Governors..........so yes I suppose he does get more pull than other owners.

He's been Chair for 10 years. Hotchkiss (Flames) had it for 12 years before him. 
This probably deserves it's own thread because there isn't a lot known about the inner workings of that board. They meet 3 times a year and discuss the direction of the League, rule changes, etc.... but to be a fly on the wall there would be eye opening methinks...

@PhillipBlunt
Maybe your coffee wasn't so weak after all. I dug this up. Book was published in 2017. Looks like Jacobs is a real hardliner, and had a huge say regarding expansion in Seattle.....  makes you wonder who's really in charge? Bettman or Jacobs.......  :huh: 
although the author refers to "GM's" there when it should be "Owners"

of note:

The NHL Commissioner..... answers to the Board of Governors... headed by Jacobs.

px5ABlE.jpg

For poops and giggles, I looked up the 10 years preceding Jacob's promotion to Chair of Governors, 1997 - 2007:
(thanx for the tip re: Jacobs BTW @Kakanucks)

Bruins playoff wins
1997 -2007

• 1st round 1999

Jacobs promoted:

2007 -2017

• 1st round 2009
  • 1st round 2010
  • 1st round 2011
  • 2nd round 2011
  • 3rd round 2011
  • cup           2011
  • 1st round 2013
  • 2nd round 2013
  • 3rd round 2013
  • 1st round 2014
  • 1st round 2017

I'd say that's very interesting....................

I think Stone or Hoffman spoke about it this morning and I actually have to agree with them

10 games seems seriously excessive for this considering Burrows doesn't necessarily have a history of suspensions over his career where as Marchand has had basically one a year, we've seen numerous times incredibly flagrant issues with numerous players where we are all left shaking our heads wondering wtf happened and how was that not a longer suspension

While I think a 5 game minimum is the least acceptable suspension, I feel 10 is a shade much when we look at Burrows' history over his entire career and weigh it against some of the other incidents we've seen that warranted far more but got far less.  *cough Marchand gudas cough*

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Alex Burrows will not appeal his 10-game suspension, releasing the following statement via the NHLPA.

XQfZEiy.jpg

He knows the NHLs crooked game better than anyone, so he knows that appealing the decision will do nothing but make him more of a target.

The suspension is obviously too long, but again it's not what you did it's who you are and/or who you play for.

I don’t see how people think this suspension is too long.. if someone was to knee Bo in the back of the head, everyone would be complaining that 10 games wasn’t enough, even if it was the persons first offense.

Kneeing someone in the head in hockey is a very stupid thing to do, and there’s no place for it. Burrows lost his mind and was definitely trying to hurt Hall as much as he could, all because Hall hit him with a hard clean bodycheck 45 seconds earlier.

On 2018-02-07 at 7:57 PM, greenbean30 said:

I agree 100% with the length of Burrs suspension, I was expecting 10-15 games. He kneed someone in the back of the head twice, this is hockey not MMA. There is zero place in the game for that, and you can’t even argue that it was part of a hockey play. And if Burr was still on my team, I’d be livid.

In saying that, I think the DoPS got Marchand’s call wrong and he should have got 10 games. The DoPS needs to start being way harsher if they want the stuff to stop. There needs to be base punishments, and it shouldn’t matter if the person was lucky enough to escape without injury, punish the action, not the outcome.

And if they truly want this repeat offender stuff to stop, then if you get 3 infractions within 5 years then you get suspended for 20 games, and if you get another one then you’re out for a season. You will see players smartening up right quick.

Was hardly a mma quality knee and last time I checked mma fighters didn’t wear helmets 

you want to see injustice? Look up Zac Rinaldo’ sucker punch on Samuel Girard

Archived