The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alexandre Burrows suspended 10 games

Alex Burrows suspension  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

I don’t see how people think this suspension is too long.. if someone was to knee Bo in the back of the head, everyone would be complaining that 10 games wasn’t enough, even if it was the persons first offense.

Kneeing someone in the head in hockey is a very stupid thing to do, and there’s no place for it. Burrows lost his mind and was definitely trying to hurt Hall as much as he could, all because Hall hit him with a hard clean bodycheck 45 seconds earlier.

There's kneeing and then there's kneeing. That was nothing. Suspension worthy for sure because of optics. But 10 games is a joke. Seen way worse and dangerous plays go without suspension. The league is a farce with their discipline. And don't even get me started on these $5000 dollar fines for millionaire players. 

58 minutes ago, rekker said:

There's kneeing and then there's kneeing. That was nothing. Suspension worthy for sure because of optics. But 10 games is a joke. Seen way worse and dangerous plays go without suspension. The league is a farce with their discipline. And don't even get me started on these $5000 dollar fines for millionaire players. 

Kicking your skates upwards with a bunch of refs around is dangerous, never mind the kneeing. We don’t kick in hockey because we have knives for feet. A basic courtesy. We especially don’t kick up in a scum. 

On 2018-02-07 at 5:49 PM, Cramarossa said:

Thankfully Hall isn't hurt. That move by Burr was a horrible idea, and I think given its severity that a 10 game suspension is warranted. I also think Marchand is overdue on a 10+ game suspension, but I don't think Burr deserves fewer just because Marchand was gifted fewer. Both egregious, both need to be made an example of. Only this time did the league get it right. 

The 10 games isn’t just for the crap he was doing to Hall, it was the danger he put the linesmen in as well. This is a message like the one they gave Wideman.

Surprised at all the zero mention of the skates and only about the kneeing action, which is only part of the rat-ness of this embarrassment to the league. 

8 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Kicking your skates upwards with a bunch of refs around is dangerous, never mind the kneeing. We don’t kick in hockey because we have knives for feet. A basic courtesy. We especially don’t kick up in a scum. 

For sure. I agree it was a stupid thing to do. Just relative to the other stupid things I see the punishment is off. Either too much for this act. Not enough for others. It's so inconsistent. Add to that only one previous suspension for Burr and it seems harsh. Having said that. If this is the standard so be it. I'm ok with it as long as they follow through with consistency. In the end I don't trust the leugue and how they dole out suspensions. Aarron Rome would never of got 4 games if he was wearing a Bruins jersey. 

On 2018-02-09 at 5:28 AM, rekker said:

For sure. I agree it was a stupid thing to do. Just relative to the other stupid things I see the punishment is off. Either too much for this act. Not enough for others. It's so inconsistent. Add to that only one previous suspension for Burr and it seems harsh. Having said that. If this is the standard so be it. I'm ok with it as long as they follow through with consistency. In the end I don't trust the leugue and how they dole out suspensions. Aarron Rome would never of got 4 games if he was wearing a Bruins jersey. 

Burr endangered more than just Hall while he was did his upside down kneein routine.

The assessment took more than the knee into consideration when they dropped the hammer on him. Kicking your feet upwards in a scrum just doesn’t happen, unless your the kind of POS that would do that to the refs and the other players because you were having a tantrum. 

B05D0185-AF26-48B9-A203-CB0D14FC77F4.jpeg.2e831e54087f03567cfc8d60fffb6442.jpeg

34 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Burr endangered more than just Hall while he was did his upside down kneein routine.

The assessment took more than the knee into consideration when they dropped the hammer on him. Kicking your feet upwards in a scrum just doesn’t happen, unless your the kind of POS that would do that to the refs and the other players because you were having a tantrum. 

B05D0185-AF26-48B9-A203-CB0D14FC77F4.jpeg.2e831e54087f03567cfc8d60fffb6442.jpeg

Yes. But to that tone every time a player is on the ice in a mele and lifts his skate an automatic penalty or suspension should occur. Not to downplay what happened. But if the skate in the air is the basis of raising the bar to ten games. There are a lot of plays they should start looking at. That's where I have the issue. Nothing will come of it. From zero to 10 games is a big range. 

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yes. But to that tone every time a player is on the ice in a mele and lifts his skate an automatic penalty or suspension should occur. Not to downplay what happened. But if the skate in the air is the basis of raising the bar to ten games. There are a lot of plays they should start looking at. That's where I have the issue. Nothing will come of it. From zero to 10 games is a big range. 

Thanks for being 1/100 posters who took a moment to consider the skate blades in the suspension length. It’s likely the most dangerous thing in all of that incident. 

I am disappointed that all of these self-claimed hockey minds in here failed to mention the kicking action as part of the assessment. It’s like breaking a Commandment in Hockey. What Burrows did with his feet was missing in all of the pages of these threads. Now it’s not. 

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Thanks for being 1/100 posters who took a moment to consider the skate blades in the suspension length. It’s likely the most dangerous thing in all of that incident. 

I am disappointed that all of these self-claimed hockey minds in here failed to mention the kicking action as part of the assessment. It’s like breaking a Commandment in Hockey. What Burrows did with his feet was missing in all of the pages of these threads. Now it’s not. 

I'm curious. In that little video snippet the league gives out explaining the suspension. Was the kicking and blades in the air mentioned? But I still go back to my original post. Marchand, who has a rap sheet a mile long throws an elbow that results in a concussion gets six. If Burr gets ten. Marchand should get a minimum of ten. Especially given the fact that he concussed a player.

31 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm curious. In that little video snippet the league gives out explaining the suspension. Was the kicking and blades in the air mentioned? But I still go back to my original post. Marchand, who has a rap sheet a mile long throws an elbow that results in a concussion gets six. If Burr gets ten. Marchand should get a minimum of ten. Especially given the fact that he concussed a player.

I believe Marchand only got 5 games. The kneeing was worth 3 games (based on severity and injury compared to Marchand's) and I guess he got 7 more for having his skates in the air apparently.

21 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I believe Marchand only got 5 games. The kneeing was worth 3 games (based on severity and injury compared to Marchand's) and I guess he got 7 more for having his skates in the air apparently.

Well. Will see how consistent the suspension is against future calls. I have zero faith in the NHL in this regard. 

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Well. Will see how consistent the suspension is against future calls. I have zero faith in the NHL in this regard. 

I'm sure Marchand could do the exact same thing to Hall and he will probably only get a 3 game suspension even with an 18 month history. If Edler did the same thing, he's probably done for his career. So yeah the consistency is there, just have to be on one of the "special" teams.

Just now, theo5789 said:

I'm sure Marchand could do the exact same thing to Hall and he will probably only get a 3 game suspension even with an 18 month history. If Edler did the same thing, he's probably done for his career. So yeah the consistency is there, just have to be on one of the "special" teams.

If Marchand held his skates up, the ref would have sharpened them for him as per instructions from Daddy Jacobs.

Archived