The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 Winter Olympic Games Thread

CBH1926

Which country will win most medals  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Norway will likely join Germany with 14 gold at the conclusion of the Women 30km mass start cross country skiing. They both match Canada's record from 2010

Good thing it is not broken.  There are more events this time than last, if I'm not mistaken. 

3 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

And even if it is broken, we'll still retain the record of most gold by the host country. That's safe until Norway/Germany/US host again.

Yes, which is nice.

According to CBC, there were 16 more medal events in Pyeongchang than in Vancouver.

@Lateralus91: I know this stings right now, especially because you were so close, (As a Canuck and Bills fan, I can definitely sympathize) but this was an absolutely huge accomplishment for German hockey. Congrats.

BTW: I saw this article by Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star regarding the three Canadians arrested in Pyongchang. I agree with it completely.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/winter-olympics/bruce-arthur-one-idiot-stunt-shouldn’t-ruin-the-olympics-for-canada/ar-BBJwW6F?li=AAggFp5

Arthur also wrote an excellent article about Jocelyne Larocque taking off her Silver medal:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics/opinion/2018/02/23/jocelyne-larocques-olympic-medal-move-required-no-apology.html

If Stephen Brunt wasn't around, this guy might just be my favorite sports columnist.

13 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They wouldn't rob the whole team of their medals because of one player, would they? Surely, only that player would lose their medal.

My guess would be just the specific player, but imagine if it was Gusev. Would be interesting to see what they do.

Archived