The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - CAL Re-roll the dice

The Flames could use some scoring, they are 20th in the league  (GF).

The Canucks need Dman prospects, especially RHD.

This proposal is pretty strait forward, we traded a 2nd round pick to Calgary for Baertschi and with that pick the Flames got a RHD.  I say we re-roll the dice and take another chance...

To CAL:

Sven Baertschi

To VAN:

Rasmus Andersson

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86137 

Maybe Calgary regrets trading away Baertschi maybe not but either way the Flames d core is stacked and with Valamaki and Fox in the pipeline I think we could snag Andersson from them .

Andersson is almost NHL ready, young, a RHD that can put up points, and he was an AHL All Star this year. 

I can't imagine Treliving wanting to admit he screwed up and trying to reacquire Baertschi would be doing just that.

In theory if he was, I still can't see Calgary making that trade. They have Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Bennett on the left side. They could use help on the right side as Brouwer and Frolik are playing relatively poorly.

If we did keep our 2nd round pick and drafted Andersson we would be in better shape as far as our defensive pipeline goes.

Would Calgary want Sven back, i'm not sure but i bet they feel like they gave up on him too early, they could certainly use him.

With the Flames stacked D corp they may be willing to trade a young d asset for a forward, maybe Baertschi would work, maybe not but it's an interesting thought and i would be game to add Andersson. 

Archived