The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trip to Mexico/Guatemala - Looking to party it up.

Dazzle

Hello:

I'm looking to visit both these places, though I haven't pinpointed the exact cities to go. These are my goals:

- experiencing the nightlife, including the clubs, booze, brothels, but no sex with prostitutes. I'd much rather chill out to smoke some shisha, talk and dance with regular people. No hard drugs.

- planning on bringing at least 3000-4000 pesos (~200 CDN) because of the favourable rate exchange. I may bring more cash. I know better not to flash money. (I'm not rich and don't want to be a target).

What do I need to know about Mexico's fun side? Any tips/advice/experiences are much appreciated. :)

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

Are you going to Antigua or Guatemala City?

Erm, I'm not particularly sure yet. Puerto Quetzal seems to be a place that I'd be for sure stopping by, if ever so briefly. Depending on how close the above places are, I may wander.

Also, I plan on travelling alone and speak really little Spanish. This MAY change depending on how fast I learn basic Spanish and/or if I include a friend or two :)

48 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Hello:

I'm looking to visit both these places, though I haven't pinpointed the exact cities to go. These are my goals:

- experiencing the nightlife, including the clubs, booze, brothels, but no sex with prostitutes. I'd much rather chill out to smoke some shisha, talk and dance with regular people. No hard drugs.

- planning on bringing at least 3000-4000 pesos (~200 CDN) because of the favourable rate exchange. I may bring more cash. I know better not to flash money. (I'm not rich and don't want to be a target).

What do I need to know about Mexico's fun side? Any tips/advice/experiences are much appreciated. :)

no hookers and blow = no fun.. :ph34r:

jk. You can always smoke weed be lazy and hang out around the hotel pool. yeah fun. 

All kidding aside you definitely need more money. With 200 bucks you won't be doing any "partying it up". 

Do some fun activities, water sports etc. scuba, snorkeling, sea doos. all sorts of fun stuff to do. I'd stay away from local bars, stick to more touristy spots. Especially since this is your first time in that part of the world. 

Go to Cancun in mid march and all April, during American spring break.  MTV is usually there and they have drinking competitions going on all throughout the day.

Stay at the grand oasis, but it is party central, music doesn't stop, tons of girls (although a lot of guys too).  

For clubs, go to Coco Bongo, The City, Daddy'O for the clubs,  

Playa del Carmen is also fun during the BPM music festival in early jan, but nothing beats spring break in cancun.

I've done the mexico party trips a half dozen times, so much fun.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

no hookers and blow = no fun.. :ph34r:

jk. You can always smoke weed be lazy and hang out around the hotel pool. yeah fun. 

All kidding aside you definitely need more money. With 200 bucks you won't be doing any "partying it up". 

Do some fun activities, water sports etc. scuba, snorkeling, sea doos. all sorts of fun stuff to do. I'd stay away from local bars, stick to more touristy spots. Especially since this is your first time in that part of the world. 

I should mention, I'm only spending a couple of days at the most. I'm not staying there for a month or something, so of course 200 dollars won't be much. :P

54 minutes ago, luckylager said:

$200 eh... That's tough.

Fyi, shisha is flavoured tobacco from the Middle East 

Yup, I smoked for like 3 hours in Panama. It was SO amazing. My brain felt like it was being fried but I felt a lot of calmness too. Also, 200+ is meant to last for a few days at the most.

15 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yup, I smoked for like 3 hours in Panama. It was SO amazing. My brain felt like it was being fried but I felt a lot of calmness too. Also, 200+ is meant to last for a few days at the most.

Couldn't have been shisha, amigo. I didnt see a shisha bar in Nicaragua, Costs Rica or Panama. Sounds like you were smoking Panama Gold.

Edit- quick google search found two shisha bars in Panama City. My mistake!

Side note, I found shisha to be more of a conversational stimulant, kinda chatty and foolish, as compared to a brain frying calmness, but to each their own I guess.

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Couldn't have been shisha, amigo. I didnt see a shisha bar in Nicaragua, Costs Rica or Panama. Sounds like you were smoking Panama Gold.

It was flavoured vape - is that not shisha? They served green apple. I'm gonna look up Panama Gold.

It was on top of a rooftop restaurant with a club on the third floor. They had these black looking things (I'm gonna guess carbon) to flip over a heated source.

Edit: Just looked up Panama Gold - while it was true that I was high on something, I don't think it was sativa or something like that. I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It was flavoured vape - is that not shisha? They served green apple. I'm gonna look up Panama Gold.

It was on top of a rooftop restaurant with a club on the third floor.

Check my Edit.  But no, flavoured vape juice isn't shisha. Panama Gold is hash from said strain...

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Check my Edit.  But no, flavoured vape juice isn't shisha. Panama Gold is hash.

It was shisha - it had to be. Maybe calling it 'vape' is erroneous. It was definitely flavored and you smoked it.

For me, I was really calm, really enjoying the life of the party. My friends were sharing the pipe and there were two local girls that enjoyed our company too. It's things like these that make the nightlife so enjoyable. Plus the music was great.

Just now, Dazzle said:

It was shisha - it had to be. Maybe calling it 'vape' is erroneous. It was definitely flavored and you smoked it.

For me, I was really calm, really enjoying the life of the party. My friends were sharing the pipe and there were two local girls that enjoyed our company too. It's things like these that make the nightlife so enjoyable. Plus the music was great.

I love the vibe in Latin America. Good times, look forward to going back. 

But I swear you were smoking hash. 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I love the vibe in Latin America. Good times, look forward to going back. 

But I swear you were smoking hash. 

Maybe. Maybe I didn't know any better. It was off the menu at the restaurant that wasn't seedy. It was really public, open and really popular. Not sure how legal hash is.

The effects of it were definitely:

- appreciation of music

- slight euphoria (you feel good/confident. You feel like you're living like a king or someone who is privileged)

- conversational. Time seems to slow down, but not to the point of clumsiness. Alcohol seems to react quite well to it. You seem less inhibited, so talking to strangers feels easier. People seem friendlier.

- awareness of surroundings. This helped me appreciate the location of where I was at: on the rooftop of a popular restaurant on a hot summer's night = AMAZING.

The place was called CasaCasco. I'd go again in a heartbeat if I could.

53 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

Doesn't really sound like you want to party it up to me...

4 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

This you don’t want to do all the fun stuff

Having done stuff in the past, I've had a good time. Sex really isn't everything though. Does that mean I'd pass up the opportunity to sleep with an 8, 9 or 10? No. I'm just in favour of just chilling out and not having to stress about anything.

Archived