The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Leipsic | #9 | LW/C

PuckYa

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

0 responsibility defensively, when he falls down we are like on the PK. Doesn't care about the play once the puck enters our defensive zone. 

I thought his d-side play was suspect last year when he came over. He has offensive skills, no doubt. The question I ask is whether he is a top 6 NHL player? I say not as he does not generate enough offense and does not make his team mates better. My hope was that he could generate enough to be part of a trade.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 9:26 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I appreciate his work ethic (can never accuse him of "mailing it in").  Problem is, he's all over the ice like a chicken running around with it's head cut off.  Anything above the 4th line would be overusing him.

Honestly when Boeser comes back I wonder if he isn't headed down to Utica.

Should be on his way to Utica with the injured players coming back, . . . . total waste of space.  I think the limited points he has in the NHL are flattering, considering the opportunities he has had.  All sizzle no steak.

Not even a placeholder, and Schaller isn't that far being him if he keeps playing like he has.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Should be on his way to Utica with the injured players coming back, . . . . total waste of space.  I think the limited points he has in the NHL are flattering, considering the opportunities he has had.  All sizzle no steak.

Not even a placeholder, and Schaller isn't that far being him if he keeps playing like he has.

I heard Cory Hirsh say (on 650) that he was not a fan of the way Leipsic plays too, especially on the road.  

35 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

He's been more of a liability then anything lately. I hate to give up on a player with his energy and drive but his defensive game is lacking and just doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I'd rather the Canucks trade Leipsic to Edmonton for a player there who wore #9 in Vancouver.

26 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah I've seen enough.  I believed in him last year when he got here but he's almost regressing not improving.

That is pretty much what I was thinking of his play this year. I would not be upset if they decided to waive him with the intent to send him to Utica if he clears.

• Cheers 1