The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN Predicts Canada's 2022 Olympic Roster

ReggieBush

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

"Bo Horvat is an important player."

The roster looks good, Mackinnon, McDavid, Barzal, and obviously Bo are going to be real good players by 2022.

I would put Monahan in for Toews though.

I'd put in a bunch of guys over Toews. I'd have Monahan, Duchene, O'Reilly and Mark Stone ahead of him. Toews is easily one of the (if not the most) overrated players in the league. His play has gone downhill since their last cup win and I can't see him being any better at 34.

6 hours ago, khay said:

Wow, that defence looks pretty weak compared to what we have had in the past. It's 4 years from now but is Rielly going to be good enough to be #1 LD on team Canada? And Nurse is #2 LD? 

Canada's left side has looked "weak" for a while, but it at least had Keith who isn't as good anymore and Vlasic (who will make the team IMO). And Bouwmeester was a great dman 4 years ago too I guess. Just not much depth after those guys and it might start to show.

9 hours ago, pluralsight said:

I'd put in a bunch of guys over Toews. I'd have Monahan, Duchene, O'Reilly and Mark Stone ahead of him. Toews is easily one of the (if not the most) overrated players in the league. His play has gone downhill since their last cup win and I can't see him being any better at 34.

You guys sound like people who don't watch Toews play..

12 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

Overpaid and overrated aren't exactly the same thing tho.

No not identical, but they can definitely tie in together. He's overrated by the media, especially when he makes it over guys like Evgeni Malkin in the top 100 NHL players of all time. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but no doubt he is overrated and overpaid. 

5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

No not identical, but they can definitely tie in together. He's overrated by the media, especially when he makes it over guys like Evgeni Malkin in the top 100 NHL players of all time. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but no doubt he is overrated and overpaid. 

I guess you could make a case for that, but the dude is a winner.. plain and simple. He's done nothing but win over the course of his entire career. 

9 hours ago, JoesRooster said:

I guess you could make a case for that, but the dude is a winner.. plain and simple. He's done nothing but win over the course of his entire career. 

Exactly. He should have been the captain in 2014, but politics gave it crosby.

Archived