The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man Katy Perry Kissed On 'American Idol' Says He Didn't Like It

Dral

2 hours ago, kurtis said:

Whats with her hair ?? She looks terrible

She does. All the super hot girls that cut their hair like that just end up looking like a barbie doll who has had their hair ripped out. Makes their head look disproportionate.

8 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Some pretty judgemental comments in here. Surprisingly so given the climate today regarding the Me Too movement.

It’s entertainment, and that young boy signed up.  Then again maybe Perry could have read the circumstance better and left it at the kiss on the cheek?  

Pretty gross/immature behavior from a supposed role model on live tv. The outrage would be huge if the genders were reversed, Adam levine for instance pulling a similar stunt.

Ah well what can ya do.. I agree with other posters she looks awful currently

17 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Some pretty judgemental comments in here. Surprisingly so given the climate today regarding the Me Too movement.

I would have loved my first kiss to be from someone as fantastic as Katy Perry......

I was probably so drunk when i had my first kiss..... have no idea of who she was........

Just a kiss....   no big deal.  

3 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Ah, there it is. Got to get them mouthy women folk to quite down, right?

Sure if that's your narrative... I was just commenting on what I thought would happen.. 

Feel free to continue putting words in my mouth tho...

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Pretty gross/immature behavior from a supposed role model on live tv. The outrage would be huge if the genders were reversed, Adam levine for instance pulling a similar stunt.

Ah well what can ya do.. I agree with other posters she looks awful currently

And the outrage if sexes were reversed would be justified.  I know it’s the “new” thing to make the genders equal, but we all really know that’s just not true.  A man tricking a young girl to kiss him is different.  The man would be physically stronger than the girl and intimidating and threatening because he’s a man.  Katie Perry is a girl.  There is not the same physical threat.   

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And the outrage if sexes were reversed would be justified.  I know it’s the “new” thing to make the genders equal, but we all really know that’s just not true.  A man tricking a young girl to kiss him is different.  The man would be physically stronger than the girl and intimidating and threatening because he’s a man.  Katie Perry is a girl.  There is not the same physical threat.   

cherry picking here.  arbitrarily choosing what you think is moral or amoral.    Another problematic point is assuming that all males in all situations are physically stronger than women - this is just not the case.   Of course saying that physically stronger people have to behave differently is not something that stands up well.  In other words your position has got a lot of holes in it.   

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Judgmental my rear-end.  If the sexes were reversed, there would be a sh*tload of feminists crying up a storm about it.  I have no doubt  that plenty would go full nuclear and call it "sexual assault" even though an unwanted kiss is nothing of the sort.

It's the only reason why I haven't been picking on this 20 year old virgin who claims that the actual kiss "didn't count" as a first kiss.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Judgmental my rear-end.  If the sexes were reversed, there would be a sh*tload of feminists crying up a storm about it.  I have no doubt  that plenty would go full nuclear and call it "sexual assault" even though an unwanted kiss is nothing of the sort.

It's the only reason why I haven't been picking on this 20 year old virgin who claims that the actual kiss "didn't count" as a first kiss.

I'm talking about the personal comments regarding Katie Perry's appearance. I did not comment on the appropriate/inappropriateness of her behavior. Reading comprehension, Sabre.

21 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I'm talking about the personal comments regarding Katie Perry's appearance. I did not comment on the appropriate/inappropriateness of her behavior. Reading comprehension, Sabre.

Except your comment wasn't as clear as you think. It's also pretty funny that your only comment is about defending Katy Perry and bringing up the me too movement when that movement would apply more to him rather than her.

5 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

How about you make it more clear next time sparky.  We can't, and would not want to, read your mind.

Archived