The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Clean House

7 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Ok I like the criticism , some don't agree. As far as icing a worse team then the canucks have now, not to shure on that. Maybe a little too over zealous. Ok I'll tame it down a bit.

Baertsch        Horvat        Boeser

Dahlen      Pettersson    MacEwen

Granlund       Sutter       Eriksson

Leipsic        Gaudette     Virtanen

Edler           Carlson

Del Zotto        Tanev

Pouliot         Gudbranson

Extras    Archibald,  Stecher   and Gaunce

Markstrom     Nilsson

We draft 4th and get Tkachuk   Sign one free agent Carlson  and keep Gagner on IR 

Place everyone else in Utica for seasoning Trade Hutton for pic.

Aside from keeping Gagner on IR without an injury, this is much more realistic. I don't really want to pay Carlson the 8 million he'll get but the Canucks do need help on the backend.

With the Gudbranson extension though, I have a feeling Benning won't pursue Carlson

Gagner on the roster or not wont make any difference. Until this team moves in a direction away from the twins, upgrade the defense and bring in some young talent.

We will be a bottom feeder for years to come.

Look at Boeser , teams best player, Horvat last years teams best player, Keep bringing in the kids .

No more retreads.

Bring in youth speed and compete.

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Gagner on the roster or not wont make any difference. Until this team moves in a direction away from the twins, upgrade the defense and bring in some young talent.

We will be a bottom feeder for years to come.

Look at Boeser , teams best player, Horvat last years teams best player, Keep bringing in the kids .

No more retreads.

Bring in youth speed and compete.

Hey man. Yep you are 100% correct, we will need young talent with speed, skills and (I hope) grit. And we won’t be contending until we successfully transition to that type of team.

The one thing that you have to remember is that this takes quite a bit of time to achieve. If you try and rush the youth into NHL roles before they are ready then you end up like Edmonton.

i have no doubt that Petterson, Gaudette, Lind will be difference makers, but we are talking about in 2 years I think. I am guessing we are Gaudette in NHL next season, Petterson and Lind not til 2019-20.

Dahlen and MacEwen I am less sure about whether they will be difference makers but they are on a similar timeline to EP.

Its tough, but be patient!

How long did Johnny Hockey play in the AHL ? How about Barzal, AHL time ? Boeser, AHL experience anyone . Didn't think so Both Pettersson and Dahlen have proved their selves against men.  Both these kids have high end talent. Pettersson has broken an all time record in Sweden , its time to see him in the NHL. If your worried about his size how big was Johnny Hockey.

Archived