The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - NYI : Tanev for 1st 2018 (15*) and Ho-Sang

I like Ho Sangs talents but he’s another fringe guy that’s becoming waiver eligible. Benning should be trading the Baertschi’s and Granlunds of the team to make room for more waiver eligible guys we already have like Virtanen, Goldobin, Leipsic. He hasn’t yet and we have a log jam of bottom 6 talent as it stands already.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:40 PM, DontMessMe said:

If Tanev value has dropped, I'd be willing to do 1 for 1 

Tanev for the 15th overall 

Absolutely, there are some very good players available in that range and Tanev may not be viewed as a pick + prospect type of trade. 

If we get the 3rd overall pick and trade Tanev for NYI's 15th OVR pick

I say we trade down a few spots from 3rd overall and pick up another 2nd.

For example

Van 

3rd ovr

Habs

5th 

37th

Draft day

5th - Adam Boqvist

15th - Ryan Merkley

34th - Rasmus Sandin

37th - Martin Kaut

I believe a trading partner with the islanders is prob the best the Canucks can get. T.o, seems to be holding out, trader Lou has alway's stole, when he has traded. So Snow it is, and I like the idea of the 1st and HoSang. Quite honestly, i'm tired of listening to the haters on Tanev, this man is that good. If we were to look at his down time, the majority of it is from blocking shots, and getting rammed into the end boards. This type of trade saves Snow Taveras and the Islanders, with out Taveras, fans stay away for another three years. 

9 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

He gets injured too much... I wonder if there is any asshole teams low-ballin us offering a 2nd rd pick straight up lol

I have an irritation with players that are often injured like tanev and salo. It just irritates the Dickens out if me. So I would like to see tanev traded. I wouldn't say I would take anything for him, but probably less than most around here. 

2 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I have an irritation with players that are often injured like tanev and salo. It just irritates the Dickens out if me. So I would like to see tanev traded. I wouldn't say I would take anything for him, but probably less than most around here. 

Lets start with the bottom

Would you take a 3rd round pick in this year draft straight up for Tanev?

Would you take a 2nd round pick in this year draft straight up for Tanev? 

Or would you consider a reclamation project 1 for 1 for tanev (Is Leipsic consider reclamation project?) 

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

Tanev's value is in the gutter.  Any picks we could get for him would have to be conditionals on the amount of games he plays.  At this point, we would do better to start working Edler to give some flex on his NTC.

I dont mind a conditional 1st rd pick for Tanev if he plays X amount of games. 

If he doesnt reach that, maybe we get a 2nd and a 4th instead. 

15 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Lets start with the bottom

Would you take a 3rd round pick in this year draft straight up for Tanev?

Would you take a 2nd round pick in this year draft straight up for Tanev? 

Or would you consider a reclamation project 1 for 1 for tanev (Is Leipsic consider reclamation project?) 

Name the reclamation ?

I would probably accept 22nd overall for tanev. Seems less than most around here . 

Archived