The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

On 3/17/2018 at 10:04 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It's frustrating to lose this game. Again, I feel like I'm saying the same things over and over. But we did a lot of good things, we had a lot of heat on late. Good teams find a way to win and they found a way to win tonight." - Green

Green HAS Been saying the same things over and over, maybe he should find a new way to say them to the players, or to the media and quit relying on his stupid smile and head shake whenever we get a penalty.

23 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

I think in a season like this these things are going to happen.  He is frustrated and its not just this game. He wants to win and that's what I like about Bo. I am looking to next year hoping the Injury bug goes away for a while, and they can inject some young players for a spark. Who we plug in depends on whose ready, whether Hank and Danny sail off into the sunset and maybe who we draft as well. The fans are frustrated, the team is frustrated, I am sure  ownership and management are frustrated as well.

This is how a rebuild goes, we have to be patient its not a one year process.

But that's just the thing. THis could be a ten-fifteen year proccess if done incorrectly. SO far the mamagement team were wrong about the first 3 years they had a re-tool on the fly outlook.

That set us back three years and we still are set back in ways with Eriksson (and recently Guddy...ugh) and what fans don't realize because for the first time in awhile we have promising prospects/

EVERY TEAM HAS PROMISING PROSPECTS!

Not just that but some teams better, and the teams who may not have as good as us (the majority since were in the top ten at the very least) already have young core pieces set. We have two. That's it.

Then these prospects have to work out, and even when we give the full keys to the kids they're not just going to magically start winning, we have to wait a few years for that to happen.

Only team I see that started winning just with young kids was the Leafs, but they have yet to win a playoff series and not only that but got a REALLY good goalie in Anderson, an experienceds world class coach in Babcock, an experienced CUP winning GM in Lou, and other guys like 30 goal scorers Kari and JVR, along with competent D in Zaitsev, Reilly and others.

We're in this for the long haul and if in two years it still looks the same. If in 2020 march we're still "TANKIN FOR XXXX" I want a new GM, and president.

4 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

I really like where Jake's game seems to be heading, but seeing Timo Meier hit 20 goals on the season really stings.

Edit- I didn't mean to have these posts consecutively, apologies to MODS>

BAck to post:

Timo M? Sure...

Or Ehlers..or Connor...or Nylander.

I am so sick about hearing of Jake's "EFFORT" and his "LOOKS"...when is this guy going to score or help the team offensively.

He is a complete bust compared to the guys taken after or way after him from an NHL level who already (some 2 way) and are 20-25, some over 50 pt players.

Not too mention, Tkachuk and what his grit and offense would do for our team and instead we take OJ who we've yet to see if he can adjust to the NHL style.

But then Benning goes out and re-signs Gudbranson who does a whole lt of nothing for being a bottom pairing d-man on the worst team in the past 3 years in the leahgue and gives him 4m x 3 yrs.....unbelievable.

Made worse that this was Benning's first move after being re-signed.

6 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Edit- I didn't mean to have these posts consecutively, apologies to MODS>

BAck to post:

Timo M? Sure...

Or Ehlers..or Connor...or Nylander.

I am so sick about hearing of Jake's "EFFORT" and his "LOOKS"...when is this guy going to score or help the team offensively.

He is a complete bust compared to the guys taken after or way after him from an NHL level who already (some 2 way) and are 20-25, some over 50 pt players.

Not too mention, Tkachuk and what his grit and offense would do for our team and instead we take OJ who we've yet to see if he can adjust to the NHL style.

But then Benning goes out and re-signs Gudbranson who does a whole lt of nothing for being a bottom pairing d-man on the worst team in the past 3 years in the leahgue and gives him 4m x 3 yrs.....unbelievable.

Made worse that this was Benning's first move after being re-signed.

I see you are frustrated but I am not understanding the Guber Hate.

That and Meier was drafted before Brock and Virt was drafted before Goldobin so it looks l;ike Jim made out better in both those drafts head to head with San Jose.

But be clear the management group has made mistakes, I am just not sure you can blame the player.

The Canucks have had the worst coaching over the last 4 years while the coaches Jim fired have won 2 cups and a division title. We really don't hear enough about the coaches Jim and Trevor fired. That was mistake number one. Look at Vegas' roster and tell me that Wonkie Willie or Travis Green would have that team in first place.

Remember when Jake and Jarod "Had nothing left to prove in Junior and needed NHL coaching for their careers to progress"?

and what happened to the Ben Hutton we all liked 3 years ago?  The player now wearing #27 seems nothing like the one we thought we had back then. 

And Tryamkin? One season was enough for him to see the darkness at the end of the tunnel

Archived