The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are now the worst team in the league in the last 3 seasons, while spending to the cap

Adarsh Sant

The Canucks are now the worst team in the league in the last 3 seasons. This was determined by point percentage. Vegas is excluded, so only 30 teams to look at.

asda.PNG

Here is some of the article

The data above was pulled from Corsica, and accounts for play across all situations. In their games spanning that stretch of time the Canucks have controlled just 46.5 per cent of the overall shots registered, 43.9 per cent of the goals scored, and were expected to score just 45.3 per cent of the goals with all things being equal. As the chart shows, their only real peers have been the Arizona Coyotes, and in the case of something like actual wins and losses no one has been more feeble.

Nobody is surprised to see Vancouver has been bad, but if you haven’t been paying close attention to what’s been going on there it might be a bit of a shock to see just how far down they rank. Because, for whatever reason, they’ve been associated with something closer resembling mediocrity as opposed to the futility their on-ice product more closely aligns with.

Why is that? Why have they gotten away with that kind of rampant losing and not drawn nearly the same level of ire or criticism or mockery that other teams with similar profiles have?

In this sense, it’s equally impressive and alarming they’ve managed to be worse than teams that haven’t pretended they’re actively trying to be bad to get a high draft pick. You may not know it from watching the Canucks play or from taking a cursory look at the standings, but we’re talking about a team that for all intents and purposes really has been trying to remain competitive and relevant throughout it all.

Here is the full article https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/people-critical-canucks-not-critical-enough/

Hey everyone, let’s do a proper rebuild.  Cheer for the tank and get good draft picks.  This fan base can stomach it.  The fans will still support the team.  I mean what’s the worst that could happen.  I’m sure we won’t be in the running for the worst team in the league.......

That is awful. To make matters worse, the nhl is going to con us out of a top 3 pick and make sure we drop 3 spots so the king of the old boys club, bowman and the Blackhawks can win #1 overall pick. 

5 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Hey everyone, let’s do a proper rebuild.  Cheer for the tank and get good draft picks.  This fan base can stomach it.  The fans will still support the team.  I mean what’s the worst that could happen.  I’m sure we won’t be in the running for the worst team in the league.......

“Winning Environment”.

Clearly, the task of that statement is/was false.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

To Vancouver's credit though 95% attendance still.  That answers the question people had about the loyalty of Canucks fans...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Florida at 28 spot is laughable with a 13,864 average. This is how they use to report the Thrashers attendance too.

They had us focused on Arizona's bad attendance and then swoosh moved Atlanta to Winnipeg, I'm hoping Quecbec City will see the same maneuver soon.

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Florida at 28 spot is laughable with a 13,864 average. This how they use to report the Thrashers attendance too.

They had us focused on Arizona's bad attendance and then swoosh moved Atlanta to Winnipeg, I'm hoping Quecbec City will see the same maneuver soon.

I can believe that they are 4th last rather than dead last, especially if the FO has started giving away tickets for free again.  They've been in a possible playoff spot for a chunk of the season.  Florida has loads of bandwagon fans.

We needed stats to tell us this?

Most of us fans have been saying that we are rebuilding and will be in this mode for a couple more years. The entire city needs to be on the TANK  train. Go and support the team through thick and thin. Building through the draft is the only way to get us to the promised land.

This year will just add to the growing list of solid young prospects that we already have in our system. Maybe we will land a franchise type of player between this and next.

Horvat               Lind                Virtanen

Boeser              Dahlen            Baer

Gaudette          Pettersson      

Juolevi              Demko

This years top 5 pick.  Next years top five pick and any other draft picks that can be acquired through trades.

This is our future !!!     This future is still a few years away.       CAN YOU BE PATIENT?

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

We needed stats to tell us this?

Most of us fans have been saying that we are rebuilding and will be in this mode for a couple more years. The entire city needs to be on the TANK  train. Go and support the team through thick and thin. Building through the draft is the only way to get us to the promised land.

This year will just add to the growing list of solid young prospects that we already have in our system. Maybe we will land a franchise type of player between this and next.

Horvat               Lind                Virtanen

Boeser              Dahlen            Baer

Gaudette          Pettersson      

Juolevi              Demko

This years top 5 pick.  Next years top five pick and any other draft picks that can be acquired through trades.

This is our future !!!     This future is still a few years away.       CAN YOU BE PATIENT?

Id say were 2 to 3 years away from looking like a dangerous team. 

Just now, The 5th Line said:

All while spending close to the cap.  I'd be pissed If I were the owner, we have made so many unnecessary signings I'm scared for this off season seeing as well seeing as we finally have kids coming through but not enough roster space for them to fit in.   

Just imagine something happening to Luongo in Florida and seeing that cap hit come back to bite the Canucks on the butt.

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to Canucks are now the worst team in the league in the last 3 seasons, while spending to the cap

Archived