The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2 Vets For Twin's Place ?

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Your right , they could have but you have to admit, being the classy players they are, they are going out the right way. They are more respected for leaving a little there then trying to squeeze out another year or two. They are going to be missed either way.

Kudos for manning up as well. Cheers CN4Cup!

Kudos for you for taking the high road and not going into their retirement thread and saying some of the things you have in this and other threads.

I respect that.

Well done.   :)

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Kudos for you for taking the high road and not going into their retirement thread and saying some of the things you have in this and other threads.

I respect that.

Well done.   :)

Thanks Rob. They deserve respect and I will miss them like the other Canuck greats before them. We can banter about our team another day. Cheers!

If we magically won the lottery, and were able to add Rasmus Dahlin, I think we would be able to attract top free agents and I think Tryamkin might come back. With our young stars coming in on entry-level contracts we would be able to have room to sign Tavares and Kane. I think they might actually be interested if we had Dahlin.

Kane Tavares Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Goldobin

Virtanen Sutter Eriksson

Gaunce Gagner Granlund

Petersson, Gaudette, Leipsic, Motte, Archibald, Lind, Etc... Can get some seasoning in Utica.  Baertschi, Gaunce, Gagner, and Granlund are all expendable if the younger guys displace them.

Edler Tanev

Dahlin Gudbranson

Del zotto Stecher

Pouliot Hutton

Juolevi, Tryamkin, Mceneny, Sautner, Brisebois would have to displace someone and then Hutton, Del Zotto, and Gudbranson would be expendable if anyone would take them.

With our cap space, Rasmus, and our incoming talent and a great city we might just be able to attract those 2.

11 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

If we magically won the lottery, and were able to add Rasmus Dahlin, I think we would be able to attract top free agents and I think Tryamkin might come back. With our young stars coming in on entry-level contracts we would be able to have room to sign Tavares and Kane. I think they might actually be interested if we had Dahlin.

Kane Tavares Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Goldobin

Virtanen Sutter Eriksson

Gaunce Gagner Granlund

Petersson, Gaudette, Leipsic, Motte, Archibald, Lind, Etc... Can get some seasoning in Utica.  Baertschi, Gaunce, Gagner, and Granlund are all expendable if the younger guys displace them.

Edler Tanev

Dahlin Gudbranson

Del zotto Stecher

Pouliot Hutton

Juolevi, Tryamkin, Mceneny, Sautner, Brisebois would have to displace someone and then Hutton, Del Zotto, and Gudbranson would be expendable if anyone would take them.

With our cap space, Rasmus, and our incoming talent and a great city we might just be able to attract those 2.

Wow! that line up looks like they could do something. Even has depth. Well only time will tell I guess/

On 3/30/2018 at 3:59 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

ASSUMING NO SEDINS

We currently have 14 forwards plus 3 more who could make the team out of camp. And possibly one more depending where we draft in 2018 1st round.

Horvat

Boeser

Sutter

Gagner

Granlund

Eriksson

Virtanen

Archibald

Baertschi

Gaunce 

Boucher

Leipsic

Goldobin

Motte

Gaudette?

Pettersson?

Dahlen?

*2018 1st

Now we can only take 12 in our starting day lineup. Now if we add 2 more FA that would mean we would have a total of 19 *(not including 2018 1st) forwards.

So basically if you can pick 7 guys to send to Utica for starting day, then yeah we could sign two free agents. Or possibly keep a 13th forward.

If you look at the way Green has been deploying  his lines lately

Liepsic Bo Gaudette/Virtanen

Goldy Bo Jokenen

Archie Sutter Motte

Gaunce Sutter Virtanen

Dank Hank Gagner

Boucher Dowd/Gaudette Virtanen/Goldy

They look a little thin down the middle.

Add Boesser to Horvats line mates and you have 5 wingers for Bo and add Loui to Sutter and he has 5 wingers.

The only center injured is Granny who often plays wing.

Take out Hank and  Dank and send Motte Dowd and Boucher down, you stillhave a lot of wingers vying for the same 2 lines.

not counting the new guys , we have 2 lines that can score(with 1 centerman)

and 2 lines that can play D, but not score(with 1 centerman)

Any line cantered by Bo or Sutter look good, but if you put Gags, Granny, Gaunce, Gaudette or Motte in the middle of the remaining players you will have 2 lines that struggle either to score or keep the puck out of their net. IMO

Archived