The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now and then: CDC

-AJ-

15 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Nucklehead11. 

I posted the pic in our whatsapp group asking if anyone knows he was and he was like OmG that's me. 

No way! I always wondered what had happened to him. After Towel Power died I lost contact with a whole bunch of those guys.

I never really had a lot of them on msn messenger or anything like that, I mostly just chatted with them on here or TP.

22 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

No way! I always wondered what had happened to him. After Towel Power died I lost contact with a whole bunch of those guys.

I never really had a lot of them on msn messenger or anything like that, I mostly just chatted with them on here or TP.

Ya, Terry actually started a keeper league pool and it's been going on for about 10 years. Just this past year we started a whatsapp group so we are in touch all the time. The League has Kmad, SLapshot, Miles2025, Hobbes, mielikki(or however its spelled), windsockmonkey, captainkirk, Trotsky, Nucklehead11, bekar18, mr_greer, Trig and MastahTJ. Tripwyre was in but he didn't do anything so we replaced him. 

31 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Ya, Terry actually started a keeper league pool and it's been going on for about 10 years. Just this past year we started a whatsapp group so we are in touch all the time. The League has Kmad, SLapshot, Miles2025, Hobbes, mielikki(or however its spelled), windsockmonkey, captainkirk, Trotsky, Nucklehead11, bekar18, mr_greer, Trig and MastahTJ. Tripwyre was in but he didn't do anything so we replaced him. 

Oh ya, some of those names are a blast from the past. mr_greer wasn't mr green or mr bown or whatever that one dudes name was who dated carebear?

I am not unique or special or interesting. Only been on here a couple years. Found the message boards by accident while exploring the (old, considerably better, non-NHL) Canucks app. Lurked for a while then finally created an account. 

I used to be ThrustyPrusty89, which always gave me a laugh. Switched to Cramarossa after a year, I believe. What can I say, I love fourth liners. Some folks didn't care too much for me at first due to my unwavering love of Markus Granlund. I got crap about it all the time. I remember @Twilight Sparkle being one of the first folks to really stick up for me on here and not poke fun at me for just being myself.

I've branched out a lot more since then. I made it a point to follow all the people I like and I spend an embarrassing amount of time on here. I only have one friend (acquaintance, really) irl who likes hockey, don't know any Canucks fans here in California so the camaraderie I find on this site actually means a lot to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

34 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I am not unique or special or interesting. Only been on here a couple years. Found the message boards by accident while exploring the (old, considerably better, non-NHL) Canucks app. Lurked for a while then finally created an account. 

I used to be ThrustyPrusty89, which always gave me a laugh. Switched to Cramarossa after a year, I believe. What can I say, I love fourth liners. Some folks didn't care too much for me at first due to my unwavering love of Markus Granlund. I got crap about it all the time. I remember @Twilight Sparkle being one of the first folks to really stick up for me on here and not poke fun at me for just being myself.

I've branched out a lot more since then. I made it a point to follow all the people I like and I spend an embarrassing amount of time on here. I only have one friend (acquaintance, really) irl who likes hockey, don't know any Canucks fans here in California so the camaraderie I find on this site actually means a lot to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

TS was also one of the first people on these forums who befriended me as well and stood up for me when I was being bullied by some other members who didnt take kindly to a female hockey fan.

3 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

TS was also one of the first people on these forums who befriended me as well and stood up for me when I was being bullied by some other members who didnt take kindly to a female hockey fan.

It can be really clique-y on here and many folks are very judgmental. A lot of big egos from people hiding behind computers. The nicest people on here,  in my experience, have also been the realest. The ones who post their real pictures and are just themselves. 

17 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

It can be really clique-y on here and many folks are very judgmental. A lot of big egos from people hiding behind computers. The nicest people on here,  in my experience, have also been the realest. The ones who post their real pictures and are just themselves. 

*hunts for good photo of self to post*

10 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

are AJ and applejack related? they may have gone to different schools together. i always speculated that A J stood for andy jones. maybe arlo jenkins or ambruster jarvis. 

Nope we arent related though TS sometimes refers to me as AJ. My original user name was Gillyfluffball. I changed it to Applejack cause  Applejacks is my favorite pony.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:02 PM, AppleJack said:

Nope we arent related though TS sometimes refers to me as AJ. My original user name was Gillyfluffball. I changed it to Applejack cause  Applejacks is my favorite pony.

What???

All this time I thought you were a cinnamon cereal  :P 

On 5/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

my first run was back in 2006. i just dropped out of high school, i was going nowhere, and i hung out with a bad crowd and did some questionable things (who doesn't when they're young). I spent pretty much all day on here, to where people making fun of vintage now, it was even worse back then D: I rarely ever went out, and if i did it was to do drugs and couch hop at friends' places. all the while my parents didn't know what was going on. i felt so bad for them, but at the time i felt i was at a point of no return. i was a loser. plain and simple. there was a point where i wasn't at home for pretty much all of 2006 because i was just in a bad place

it wasn't until i got myself banned in '08 when i thought about doing something with my life. So i started volunteering at the burnaby hospice thrift store, that place near edmonds. I did that gig for a few months and when i went out to look for my first job, they said i can use them as references because they liked my work ethic (something i didn't think id ever have have) then at the end of '08, at 20 years old, trying to get clean, i had my first job and never looked back. i got cleaned up in 2009 and was about to move out on my own

fast forward a couple years and i come back in 2011, i was in a much better place than i was 4-5 years ago. now, its been almost 7 years and ive just kept going up year after year and im in a good place. looking back, it is sort of sad how much of the original krew who rode with me back in my first run are all gone but ive met some pretty incredible people in this new generation, i guess i would call it, of this board and being part of the evolution is pretty rad

i know theres a lot more to say but i dont wanna bore you guys with a life story :3

TS, bolded are the things I can feel and truly identify with, even though I was doing that stuff 10 yrs before you.

The work ethic thing is huge and speaks volumes to the quality of your parent(s). Same goes for the guilt you felt for being a &^@# up. I was right there with you at the same age. 

Good on you for being honest and true to yourself and your family. Got a little tear on my cheek here dude. If it wasn't for my totally screwed up, but loving family, I'd be dead or in prison.

Hey... How's the bass going for you? You'd just started playing a couple/few years back.. Are you doing your hour a day? Music is therapy, was for me anyhow

40 minutes ago, luckylager said:

TS, bolded are the things I can feel and truly identify with, even though I was doing that stuff 10 yrs before you.

The work ethic thing is huge and speaks volumes to the quality of your parent(s). Same goes for the guilt you felt for being a &^@# up. I was right there with you at the same age. 

Good on you for being honest and true to yourself and your family. Got a little tear on my cheek here dude. If it wasn't for my totally screwed up, but loving family, I'd be dead or in prison.

Hey... How's the bass going for you? You'd just started playing a couple/few years back.. Are you doing your hour a day? Music is therapy, was for me anyhow

its been a tough road but i just take it day to day. my parents are, have always been proud of me, but early in my childhood was a little rough. in and out of foster homes and what-not. my mom had her demons and my dad was kinda holding everything together

my bass playing is good :3 i'm learning how to play I'm a King bee. Slim Harpo!

15 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its been a tough road but i just take it day to day. my parents are, have always been proud of me, but early in my childhood was a little rough. in and out of foster homes and what-not. my mom had her demons and my dad was kinda holding everything together

my bass playing is good :3 i'm learning how to play I'm a King bee. Slim Harpo!

Have you been writing any of your own stuff?

Tap into you. Play your pain

On 5/16/2018 at 11:02 PM, luckylager said:

Have you been writing any of your own stuff?

Tap into you. Play your pain

i actually have a couple tunes written and have worked on a few bass tracks to try and find something. i'm not quite there yet but i'm building off a simple foundation

I joined the forums when I was 12 y/o. This is the earliest post from myself I have saved:

One one two, on 28 Jun 2009 - 6:31 PM, said:
Sounds like a good pick but I would like to see him play.

It's still a fair representation of the general quality of my contributions on this site, even after all these years.

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

I joined the forums when I was 12 y/o. This is the earliest post from myself I have saved:

One one two, on 28 Jun 2009 - 6:31 PM, said:
Sounds like a good pick but I would like to see him play.

It's still a fair representation of the general quality of my contributions on this site, even after all these years.

Was that in reference to Schroeder?

*Taps mic* Is this thing still on?

I've been a member since March 2003.

I haven't posted since March 2010.

I've gotten married, divorced, no kids (thank God), am currently living with a new girlfriend.

I had kind of a funny thought that lead me here.

Back in the day I used to be *very* anti-conspiracy theory (and still very much am) but in the last couple of years I've been investigating my grandfather's unsolved murder from 1968, which is looking more and more like a government conspiracy and cover up. Made me kind of laugh to think if The Steamer was still around he might get a kick out of the irony of things.

Is Steamer still around? That guy was infuriating and awesome at the same time.

EDIT: Whoa, hold on. I don't remember that being my signature pic. I'll try to get rid of it! My apologies!

Archived