The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Bringing Home the BC Boy

The OP is a fair value, but I don't think Buffalo will do it (as some others have already mentioned).  They'd want defense in return if trading him, and a package of mid level pieces just isn't super enticing.  Lind may be a decent prospect, but not a top one, so it's not like they're getting back a player of Reinhardts potential.

My guess is Buffalo would ask for either Tanev or Juolevi in return for Reinhardt.  Tanev if they're focused more on the present, Juolevi if still thinking 'rebuild'.  Juolevi is also a young guy who will be an NHLer but may or may not be elite, just like Reinhardt.  It's fair value, but the Canucks would prefer to keep a defenseman.  Overall both teams want D over Offense, and Buffalo won't accept a package of lesser for Reinhardt.

Also, Reinhardts Face Off Percentage scares me a lot, as a centerman.  Career average of 36.4.  Last season 39.4.  Yikes.

14 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Sign / Re-Sign

Calvin De Haan - 3 years @ $12,000,000. $4,000,000 AAV. 

De Haan solidifies our second pairing and hopefully improves our awful defence from last year. The Islanders will likely move on from him given his recent shoulder injury and the fact that he'll be seeking longer term and a higher pay. We do take a risk especially since he's had a history of shoulder injuries but on a 3 year deal, it's a risk worth taking.

NHL'er, I like the thought you put into your proposal.  As mentioned in my last post, I don't think Buffalo would accept, as they'd be looking for a higher end D player or prospect, but it's a good proposal.

I like your De Haan idea a lot.  He's in his mid-twenties, lots of experience, comes relatively inexpensively, and also would give us flexibility to trade Tanev (or Edler) by having a replacement similar player in our system.

9 minutes ago, underrated said:

The OP is a fair value, but I don't think Buffalo will do it (as some others have already mentioned).  They'd want defense in return if trading him, and a package of mid level pieces just isn't super enticing.  Lind may be a decent prospect, but not a top one, so it's not like they're getting back a player of Reinhardts potential.

My guess is Buffalo would ask for either Tanev or Juolevi in return for Reinhardt.  Tanev if they're focused more on the present, Juolevi if still thinking 'rebuild'.  Juolevi is also a young guy who will be an NHLer but may or may not be elite, just like Reinhardt.  It's fair value, but the Canucks would prefer to keep a defenseman.  Overall both teams want D over Offense, and Buffalo won't accept a package of lesser for Reinhardt.

Also, Reinhardts Face Off Percentage scares me a lot, as a centerman.  Career average of 36.4.  Last season 39.4.  Yikes.

Cheers underrated. And for sure his face-off percentage is definitely a problem that I didn't consider too much. 

Archived