The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2018-2019 - Official Draft Thread

Tigs

2 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

I was going to pick him but possiblity he might face jail time ... has an assault charge going to court this week

Unless he's Russian and there are disturbing pictures, I don't suspect anything will come of it.

8 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

*insert giant screen shot here*

I can read too. You are missing the point.

As someone who has worked on the prosecution side of the law, you rarely see anyone receive the maximum punishment for misdemeanors. Even the DAs at times don't pursue for the maximum punishment. Even if the charges in this case are not dropped, odds are Watson will cut a plea deal with the DA or plead guilty and take a lesser sentence. This type of case is one where everyone from the prosecution, to the defense, to the judge want to wrap up and not spend much time on.

There is a better chance Watson racks up more games missed due to suspension than days he sits in a jail cell.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I can read too. You are missing the point.

As someone who has worked on the prosecution side of the law, you rarely see anyone receive the maximum punishment for misdemeanors. Even the DAs at times don't pursue for the maximum punishment. Even if the charges in this case are not dropped, odds are Watson will cut a plea deal with the DA or plead guilty and take a lesser sentence. This type of case is one where everyone from the prosecution, to the defense, to the judge want to wrap up and not spend much time on.

There is a better chance Watson racks up more games missed due to suspension than days he sits in a jail cell.

ZP dropped on his neck!

Archived