The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

On 6/10/2018 at 4:25 AM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

9. England exits the tournament on penalties, just as hype in the media is really starting to build and overconfidence sets in. This is then followed by a frenzied discussion on BBC's Match of the Day about how this isn't good enough and they've let the country down. Repeat in 4 years.

giphy.gif

Rinse and repeat....

On 6/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, goalie13 said:

Without the Netherlands there I don't even know who I would root for.

I'm with you on that. I think I'll jump on the Iceland bandwagon. Just hoping they can somehow make it to the knockout stage. After that, I'll cheer for the English. (for one match, anyway) Outside of that, I'll be cheering for Portugal to lose.

I'm picking Spain to win it all,

11 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

We should be thankful that Diego Maradona wasn't sent off for the hand of god or else we wouldn't have seen the greatest goal in football history

Yeah in all the debate about the hand of god, this belter of a goal often gets forgotten. 

3 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

FIFA just announced that the 2026 World Cup will be hosted by Canada, the USA and Mexico. It will be the first WC which will see 48 teams compete in the main tournament. Congrats, guys!

I seem to remember when reading about this earlier, that we get far fewer games than the Americans, but considering the pitches available to us, it makes sense. It's certainly something to look forward to.

Anyway, this one should make Trump happy....^_^

Archived