The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Could look at moving one of Martin Necas or Vitaly Kravtsov if a youngish NHLer of equal value were to be on the table. PM me and @Blue Jay 22 if interested.

Could also look at moving prospects such as Logan Brown, Roland McKeown, Kiefer Bellows or Boris Katchouk and 2019/20 picks as well.

Will only make a deal if it makes absolute sense with the direction of our team this year and into the future.

16 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I want to make it clear that is was the Ottawa Senators of the NHL that was caught on tape trashing their management; It was absolutely not the Ottawa Senators of PUCK. They love their  GM. He’s the best.

You don't have to tell us, it's your players that haven't been paying attention for 3 weeks

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To DET: Libor Hajek + Julien Gauthier + 2020 CBJ 3rd

small.png  To CBJ: Travis Dermott + 2019 NJD 3rd + 2020 ARZ 5th

43 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To CBJ: Nick Seeler, 2019 CBJ 4th

small.png  To COL: Aarne Talvitie

Thanks to @Salter and @canucklax for the negotiations, and @Master Mind for processing.

Columbus had a lot of young forwards starting to play in the NHL, but no young D who were quite ready. So we started poking around for some waiver-ineligible D who were playing for good/decent teams, and managed to find a couple of deals worth making.

Dermott hasn't started well this year, but I'm a big believer in the player, and think he'll have a solid future (especially next year, when the cap gets tighter in TO. Plus Toronto is a legitimate contender, so having a waiver ineligible player from them has an expected premium. He may not provide the hits/blocks to ever become an elite producer, but we expect he will be a valuable player for a long time.

Seeler was a guy I've taken notice of recently. Doesn't produce a lot of offense, but his game style translates well for the Puck scoring system. And in with limited games played he seems to have passed guys like Pateryn and Prosser on the depth chart, so there may be more upside coming. Although I don't view Minnesota as a contender, they are playing quite well, so should at least be a 1st round playoff team. Talvitie was someone who I didn't want to give up, as he has been getting lots of accolades recently... but considering I snagged him with a 5th rounder less than 6 months ago, this is a terrific turnaround for value. Long-term I may regret moving him, but the window in Columbus is now.

It's also nice to have a couple 2019 picks - yesterday I had none.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

mD3TYLz.jpg&key=955107356c86cfbb2ddb0c19

small.png  To DET: Libor Hajek + Julien Gauthier + 2020 CBJ 3rd

small.png  To CBJ: Travis Dermott + 2019 NJD 3rd + 2020 ARZ 5th

Thanks @D-Money for the negotiations! I. Wasn’t eager to move Dermott but I get a good young D prospect and another strong forward prospect to fill my need in the right wing. I think me and D must have the most trades between two teams in this league lol.

• Cheers 1

Big night in Columbus. I guess the one benefit of having 5 injured guys is I could make room for the call-ups, and all chipped in, one even dominated:

• Barclay Goodrow - 14.5 points!
  • Nick Seeler - 2.75
  • Matt Luff - 1.5
  • William Carrier - 1.0

If Goodrow has more games like that, I'll have a decision to make over the next 10 games, before his waiver ineligibility expires.

• Upvote 1

Florida Panthers Update!

Despite no starting goalie, Florida somehow sits in 6th place overall. Large part of the success is our depth, leading the league in overall games played by nearly 30 games. This is a good sign, and bad. 

Good, as mentioned the depth. Lots of pieces to move in and out with some young players getting games in the NHL like Gurianov and Forsbacka Karlsson, just recalled today. We're also 1st in the league in blocks and hits.

Bad, overall, we're middle of the pack for fp/g and our goaltending. Neither is good or sustainable.

Roster with all active players, current playoff players in italics.

Lucic - Backstrom - Oshie

Bertuzzi - Hyman - Wheeler

Coleman - Kempe - Eberle

Janmark - Sissons - Leivo

Greenway - Acciari - Gurianov

Zykov - Aston Reece 

Baertschi - van Riemsdyk on the IR

Forbort - Gudbranson

Vatanen - Hickey

Lindell - Zaitsev 

Reilly 

Grubauer

Bernier

All that being said, I don't think the Panthers are able to compete in the playoffs this year. With a number of contracts up in 2019 we are re-assessing our position in the league--we're open to discussions on all players. We've had discussions around Wheeler, Zaitsev, Sissons, Hyman and others--they could all be moved. Hit me up for discussions.

Looking for picks and prospects generally, but am open to a good hockey trade if it makes sense.

Giroux proving last year wasn't a fluke.

Folin's a beast putting up 4 fppg despite 0 goals/1 assist.

DeMelo still putting up over 4 fppg.

Thought eventually Halak would cool off but looks like he could be a starting playoff goalie.

Everyone in NY firing on all cylinders!

• Cheers 1