On behalf of the Colorado Avalanche, we are proud to announce the signing of: 

Sheldon Dries, 2 years, 1.1M AAV 

@canucklax

11 minutes ago, Jaku said:

We have a trade to announce...

To Vancouver: Antti Suomela, Sheldon Dries

To Colorado: Filip Hronek, Patrik Rybar

Free agents take note.

This irks me, as I lost in the bidding to Dries, while offering more salary.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Free agents take note.

This irks me, as I lost in the bidding to Dries, while offering more salary.

He probably shouldn’t have signed with you since you have so much depth already. His salary was going to be an AHL salary all year(in RL).

But I completely agree that FA’s should take note. Same thing happened to me last year with Hyka, I offered the same money but less term. Only difference is I actually needed him to fill a roster spot, while the other team didn’t. He was traded sometime that year.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, Master Mind said:

There's no hard limits, as it's a case by case basis. A month in for a depth player on a 1 yr deal is perfectly fine.

The bigger the name/contract, the longer to wait. Teams can always PM us about specific players if they're worried.

@D-Money take note

I honestly find it ridiculous between this and Chiasson that I'm receiving flak for guys who were FA's well past summer and into the season beginning. I'm not sign-and-trading Kucherov or some big name guy, but depth players that had no home before I signed them and now finally are on the radars of other teams.

Edited by canucklax
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, canucklax said:

@D-Money take note

I honestly find it ridiculous between this and Chiasson that I'm receiving flak for guys who were FA's well past summer and into the season beginning. I'm not sign-and-trading Kucherov or some big name guy, but depth players that had no home before I signed them and now finally are on the radars of other teams.

Thanks for that.

I took note of how a 1 year deal =/= 2 year deal.

EDIT: Also, Dries was on my radar, I offered him 2 years x $1.6M - $500K/year more than you. He chose less to get more opportunity with your team, and has actually been one of your top players. Then you kicked him to the curb. That's quite different than if there were no other offers on some depth guy, like Chiasson, even if he's suddenly producing.

Edited by D-Money

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

He probably shouldn’t have signed with you since you have so much depth already. His salary was going to be an AHL salary all year(in RL).

But I completely agree that FA’s should take note. Same thing happened to me last year with Hyka, I offered the same money but less term. Only difference is I actually needed him to fill a roster spot, while the other team didn’t. He was traded sometime that year.

No, not necessarily. He's been producing, so I would have found a way to play him.

For instance, some sucker traded me Matt Luff in the off-season. I have managed to dress him in 2/3 of his RL games played (6/9). And he has taken off, with 32.5 Fpts in his last 4 games! I'm looking at options to deal a RW-er out to make sure he's a fixture in the line-up going forward.

Anyways, I understand why Dries went to Colorado, and why the richer shouldn't always get richer, etc. I was just a bit ticked because I especially needed him next year, and was offering him a chance to be a core player in the future, for $500K more than what he got.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

No, not necessarily. He's been producing, so I would have found a way to play him.

For instance, some sucker traded me Matt Luff in the off-season. I have managed to dress him in 2/3 of his RL games played (6/9). And he has taken off, with 32.5 Fpts in his last 4 games! I'm looking at options to deal a RW-er out to make sure he's a fixture in the line-up going forward.

Anyways, I understand why Dries went to Colorado, and why the richer shouldn't always get richer, etc. I was just a bit ticked because I especially needed him next year, and was offering him a chance to be a core player in the future, for $500K more than what he got.

I offered him guaranteed exposure, no need to find a way to play him, thats probably why he signed here. You can be upset about it but to want free agents to "take note" and penalize me is childish

6 minutes ago, canucklax said:

I offered him guaranteed exposure, no need to find a way to play him, thats probably why he signed here. You can be upset about it but to want free agents to "take note" and penalize me is childish

He signed for the difference in playing time he would receive between the two teams. I can tell you that much about the deliberations the commissioner team had about that signing. That being said, you're right in that Dries is not nearly as big of a fish as Kucherov.

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I'm jealous - I signed the guy in the first place! :P 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

He signed for the difference in playing time he would receive between the two teams. I can tell you that much about the deliberations the commissioner team had about that signing. That being said, you're right in that Dries is not nearly as big of a fish as Kucherov.

I'm jealous - I signed the guy in the first place! :P 

i only know that Ben Street sucks  since i signed him  ...lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, D-Money said:

C'mon now, Ben Street is awesome...compared to Aaron Ness  :P

this was a good one my friend :lol:<_<

but yeah ... i have some bad luck with guys who made the nhl roster out of the camp ...played well in the first 5-6 games and then ....meh 

should have also tried to sign Dries ... lol 

29 minutes ago, D-Money said:

But Stefan Noesen! :lol:. That trade looks silly now, but I’d do it again. 

5 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

But Stefan Noesen! :lol:. That trade looks silly now, but I’d do it again. 

Noesen is solid, but didn't have faith in New Jersey. Looks like I was right.

I did, however, think LA would be a playoff team again...so much for that.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Adin Hill with the 5 saves on 5 shots (shutout?), 4-3 win! :lol: pretty sure his only other nhl win was done the exact same way. 

I'm amazed he made the NHL honestly. In Portland he stole the crease from Phoenix nepotism draft pick Brendan Burke and looked solid but not big-time-prospect, future NHLer good. Guess I was wrong, good for him