The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

ANALYSIS

Okposo was injured in a fight with Anthony DeAngelo. Considering the winger is not known to drop the gloves and even dealt with a serious neurological condition that prematurely ended his 2016-17 campaign, it was surprising to see him go after the defenseman. At any rate, Okposo will be reevaluated ahead of Sunday's road game against the Devils.

:picard: the next one ... + matt hendricks also injured . 

10 players injured now . i m surprised that im still 20th in the legaue.

well my goaltending is pretty good at the moment . georgiev 30 points and greiss 49 points in february so far. 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

Breaking News:

The Winnipeg Jets are extremely pleased to announce the hiring of @Mike Vanderhoek

Most of you will be familiar with MV - a GM of impeccable ability and reputation - but for those of you who aren't, he's as good as they make em'.

I will be stepping away from GM duties (to run my health and fitness company lol...)   just haven't been engaged or maintaining the day to day aspects of the club (don't think I've actually edited the roster in the new year...)    My apologies for that - but we feel we have upgraded in the succession plan with a GM who will enhance the competitiveness of the club - and by extension the league.   Would like to request that the great commish team here (you guys have made this league a lot of fun) give MV access to the Jets via fantrax.

Best of luck - and thanks to Mike! for stepping in and taking this club forward. 

Thanks for the good times - and best of luck to all you Puck GMs!

10 hours ago, canucklax said:

Stepping down, hearts just not in it anymore. Thanks to @Master Mind for the invite

Sad to lose you both. ON was one of the few remaining original members, and had a great rivalry with @apollo. Lax was doing good things with Colorado, putting pieces in place to make that team competitive one day.

Glad to have @Mike Vanderhoek back. This is what, your third team here? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Sad to lose you both. ON was one of the few remaining original members, and had a great rivalry with @apollo. Lax was doing good things with Colorado, putting pieces in place to make that team competitive one day.

Glad to have @Mike Vanderhoek back. This is what, your third team here? :lol:

didnt noticed that "the cheesy" mike was ever in this league ...lol 

3 hours ago, Baer. said:

And so the dominos fall. Never understood why people stuck around for so long if they are just gonna be inactive.

I had one or two trade inquiries - at best - this season, that I did not initiate myself (one of those without a second response from the inquirer) - so this goes both/all ways.  I also had lots of assets - roster players, prospects, picks - and cap space/flexibility - so it's not like there was no deal to be made when you negotiate with me....

But the inactivity of other GMs is not why I'm resigning.  I would not be able to attend to this team until after the trade deadline - and that's a waste with a base like the Jets have, particularly when there's a great option like MV who can run the team moving forward.  

At least I took the time to find a good replacement that will enhance this league and reduce the onus on the commish team to fill vacancies right before the deadline of all times.

There comes a point at which you simply run out of avenues or interest in pursuing them - and I've already apologized for that @Baer.

The vast majority of deals I've made over the years have been the result of my initiating talks - I've been one of the most active GMs in this league for a LONG time - since it's inception.

I haven't been active for a few months - so I'm stepping down. 

Hopefully now you understand. 

Best of luck to you and the rest of the good GMs here.  It's a great league with great folks.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I had one or two trade inquiries - at best - this season, that I did not initiate myself (one of those without a second response from the inquirer) - so this goes both/all ways.  I also had lots of assets - roster players, prospects, picks - and cap space/flexibility - so it's not like there was no deal to be made when you negotiate with me....

But the inactivity of other GMs is not why I'm resigning.  I would not be able to attend to this team until after the trade deadline - and that's a waste with a base like the Jets have, particularly when there's a great option like MV who can run the team moving forward.  

At least I took the time to find a good replacement that will enhance this league and reduce the onus on the commish team to fill vacancies right before the deadline of all times.

There comes a point at which you simply run out of avenues or interest in pursuing them - and I've already apologized for that @Baer.

The vast majority of deals I've made over the years have been the result of my initiating talks - I've been one of the most active GMs in this league for a LONG time - since it's inception.

Best of luck to you and the rest of the good GMs here.  It's a great league with great folks.

Wasn't directed specifically towards you but I will agree I've had about 2 or 3 trade talks max. that weren't initiated by me this season.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

We'll miss you! You're always welcome back if you are ever interested again :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

We'll miss you! You're always welcome back if you are ever interested again :) 

Thanks jazz.

Truly love you guys and have had a blast in this league.  So many things to like about this league.

Every year around this time I check out of the country for 2 or 3 weeks - and it's always a real challenge to attend to the trade deadline.

Not only is MV a great GM - but he's also great at creating player movement so I'm really happy to turn the team over to him.

• Like 3