The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

37 minutes ago, greensman said:

I am always hyper aware of hype. That said, Binnington has been consistently strong at every level, except for his solo NHL performance last year. I am not surprised by his performance, for me it was just a matter of time. You can ask anyone that tried to acquire him from me over the past year, the answer was no. I think I’m being realistic in planning to have him in a challenge position for starter next season, and look forward to seeing how he responds over a longer test period. He seen tough teams, but the playoffs could be telling.

I strongly disagree that the Blues weren’t strong on him, as they clearly chose him when they sent Phoenix Copley packin’. 

Ive had Binnington since his start, he was a free agent signing after I saw him play in the 2013 world juniors. Undrafted in the GML. He’s becoming exactly what he’s been groomed for. He’s quietly been on the top 100 goalies for about two years. 

I gave up Malcolm Subban, because I believed Binnington was going to be as good or better.

#sorrynotsorry #hatersgonnahate

I like what I see in him, just know before this opportunity he was the odd man out, the Blues would be going with Husso and Fitzpatrick over him. He caught a break in San Antonio has made the most of it then the same in St.Louis.

I see a new contract coming, best case a 1a,1b scenario in St.Louis moving forward but not sure that happens.

Yheycare higher on Fitzpatrick and Husso and maybe they get something else out of Binnington.

Yhen again I like both Montembeault and Merzlikins as future starters for Florida and Columbus respectively haha so who knows right.

Nice to see him working out in Boston, very few are as patient a GM as @greensman and cool to see that payoff.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greensman said:

Anyone following the battle in the East, our Penguins knocked our Leafs out of their playoff spot last night. :shock:

Sh!t’s gettin real yo.

nice work Ajax... as I’m just behind you, I’ve enjoyed watching as you closed a near two hundred point gap in a space of a month or so. Great work! 

Ya and I don’t like it one bit. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

about waivers @Squeak @canuck2xtreme

the Florida Panthers waived Ian Cole and John Merrill some days ago  ...who finally claimed them? 

i sended a pm on march 3rd ..not read yet by both of you. 

My mistake, I meant to post. Edmonton claimed both of them. I did see your message through my email, but as Edmonton is 31st in the league, they got both players. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

My mistake, I meant to post. Edmonton claimed both of them. I did see your message through my email, but as Edmonton is 31st in the league, they got both players. 

okidoki :)  was not sure if we have a waivers order.

in some leagues the  last team drops to the end of the waivers list if the team claimed a player

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

EXTENSION: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed defenseman PK Subban to a six year extension.

pit.png PK Subban: 6 years, $ 60.0 million dollar contract ( $ 10,000,000.00 per season ).

* Deal includes a full No-Trade-clause in season's 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23.

• Like 1

EXTENSION: The Vegas Golden Knights have re-signed forward Tyler Seguin to a seven year contract extension.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgTyler Seguin: 7 years, $ 70.0 million dollar contract ( $ 10,000,000.00 per season ).

* Deal includes Modified No-Movement-Clause (Can list 5 teams he will accept a trade through for the duration of his contract. List will only be in play during the offseason, unless player himself requests trade).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed defenseman PK Subban to a six year extension.

pit.png PK Subban: 6 years, $ 60.0 million dollar contract ( $ 10,000,000.00 per season ).

* Deal includes a full No-Trade-clause in season's 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23.

17 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Vegas Golden Knights have re-signed forward Tyler Seguin to a seven year contract extension.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgTyler Seguin: 7 years, $ 70.0 million dollar contract ( $ 10,000,000.00 per season ).

* Deal includes Modified No-Movement-Clause (Can list 5 teams he will accept a trade through for the duration of his contract. List will only be in play during the offseason, unless player himself requests trade).

Edmonton's $20 mill plus UFA war chest may not get cracked this summer...

• Cheers 1