The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

In year 2035 now lol, now all my scouts are retiring.  Not only that but there are some ridiculous player names in the draft:  Connor Goalie, Brody McMuffin wtf?  In the final stretch, Boeser retired at age 37 with 600 goals, McJesus also retired but he didn't even average a point / game.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, Rush17 said:

Does anyone know when the college season ends for US region players? I have a stud top 5 pick D from the 2018 draft. He just grew into 70th overall. I would like to bring him up to my AHL squad when his college season ends. Does anyone know how many games they play in the US region? and when I can call them up without interfering with his college season?

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, goalie13 said:

I gotta admit, I have never tried signing an unsigned player mid-season.  Maybe I'll experiment with that one.

So I tried this.  They join your AHL roster as soon as you sign them and if their overall is high enough they'll play(or you can manually put them in).  I also tried signing a Jr. player mid-season - they remain in the CHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

In year 2035 now lol, now all my scouts are retiring.  Not only that but there are some ridiculous player names in the draft:  Connor Goalie, Brody McMuffin wtf?  In the final stretch, Boeser retired at age 37 with 600 goals, McJesus also retired but he didn't even average a point / game.

So I tried this.  They join your AHL roster as soon as you sign them and if their overall is high enough they'll play(or you can manually put them in).  I also tried signing a Jr. player mid-season - they remain in the CHL.

Was your club at the 23/23 limit? 

1 hour ago, Monty said:

So still haven’t bought it. Worth it at all?

Haven't played online but franchise mode was a pleasant surprise. 

So I am at the crossroads in my franchise.  I got about 10 years left and thinking about switching teams - so for fun I made two saves and joined Seattle.  Seattle is a playoff team.  At the start of the franchise they sucked but they got two franchise players in the draft.  Top players are 97ovr(wowzors) LW SNP and a 93ovr RW SNP.  These guys can put up the points, one year the RW got 78goals in 82 games and the LW got 144points.  I've never seen number like that before, then again I've never seen two franchise players on the same team. 

Yesterday when I went on Hut I was given 2 Christmas packs to open one for picking 2 players and one with January and Evo2 cards for participating in something during Christmas. In the players card one I picked 86 Carey Price Canada card, then the next one had a 91 Bobrovsky wish I didn't pick Price first but couldn't give up a chance of a 91 Bobrovsky, my highest goalie before was a Thanksgiving 84 Dubnyk and he was really good, but that's why I picked Price first. Anyways these goalies I got are good forever, no limit of games and they're not loan players either!

Oh and I'm going for the free 94 Stan Mikita this month already got the free bronze pack for it almost completed the silver pack one already, should be able to get it by the end of the month for sure.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Just made an expansion team in franchise mode called Surrey Warriors :lol:

So far soo good, 2-0-0

FYI: takes soo long to create a team from jerseys to goalie equipment to arena creation.. but at the end its worth it...

Expansion team draft , there was not much but just picked a bunch of good defencemen and so and so forwards,

Ill post roster soon,

but, during the NHL DRAFT picked 5th overall, decided to go with Joe Veleno and Serrel Noel for rounds 1-2, since i have boat load of NHL Defencemen...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yesterday when I went on Hut I was given 2 Christmas packs to open one for picking 2 players and one with January and Evo2 cards for participating in something during Christmas. In the players card one I picked 86 Carey Price Canada card, then the next one had a 91 Bobrovsky wish I didn't pick Price first but couldn't give up a chance of a 91 Bobrovsky, my highest goalie before was a Thanksgiving 84 Dubnyk and he was really good, but that's why I picked Price first. Anyways these goalies I got are good forever, no limit of games and they're not loan players either!

Oh and I'm going for the free 94 Stan Mikita this month already got the free bronze pack for it almost completed the silver pack one already, should be able to get it by the end of the month for sure.

Yeah, I received those two packs too. I picked Evander Kane and Ryan Suter. I was thinking about picking a goaltender, but I have Matt Murray (84 overall) and he has been pretty solid.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah, I received those two packs too. I picked Evander Kane and Ryan Suter. I was thinking about picking a goaltender, but I have Matt Murray (84 overall) and he has been pretty solid.

Nice, yeah I was debating on that Kane I wanted him but do have is 82 card, but couldn't turn down a 91 goalie, at least I never have to worry about getting a goalie again. I've come to realize LD is one of the tougher ones to get depth for 84 or higher, unless you have lots of coins to spend.

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice, yeah I was debating on that Kane I wanted him but do have is 82 card, but couldn't turn down a 91 goalie, at least I never have to worry about getting a goalie again. I've come to realize LD is one of the tougher ones to get depth for 84 or higher, unless you have lots of coins to spend.

Same with LW — hard to get depth on that side with higher overalls which is why I went with E. Kane. Yeah, LD is another one, but after spending a lot of time on HUT, I now have Coffey (89), M. Howe (89) and Suter (86) on that side. ::D 

17 hours ago, Zach Parise said:

Just made an expansion team in franchise mode called Surrey Warriors :lol:

So far soo good, 2-0-0

FYI: takes soo long to create a team from jerseys to goalie equipment to arena creation.. but at the end its worth it...

Expansion team draft , there was not much but just picked a bunch of good defencemen and so and so forwards,

Ill post roster soon,

but, during the NHL DRAFT picked 5th overall, decided to go with Joe Veleno and Serrel Noel for rounds 1-2, since i have boat load of NHL Defencemen...

Nice lol. Yeah the expansion option is actually really fun in Franchise mode. I loaded up on D as well. I got lucky though I somehow was a lottery winner and stayed at 3. What potential does veleno have in your version of the game? I'm still on the original roster lol.

Have you messed around with the fog of war settings much at all? I have half of it on and half of it off myself. I like to see a players overall and poster type. I think as a scouting team that is something you would realistically know.

Edited by Rush17

29 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Nice lol. Yeah the expansion option is actually really fun in Franchise mode. I loaded up on D as well. I got lucky though I somehow was a lottery winner and stayed at 3. What potential does veleno have in your version of the game? I'm still on the original roster lol.

Have you messed around with the fog of war settings much at all? I have half of it on and half of it off myself. I like to see a players overall and poster type. I think as a scouting team that is something you would realistically know.

supposed to be Elite..

what is fog of war option? whatr does it do specifically...

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Basically it hides the ratings of certain players (especially rookies) until you scout them.

Potential, overall rating ie 60 Overall, player type, attributes, and personality I believe.

Your scouts can find out the specific details but l like to keep most of it hidden. This counts towards NHL pro skaters too which I think is silly. Your org should have a realistic view of most NHL players. 

3 hours ago, Zach Parise said:

supposed to be Elite..

what is fog of war option? whatr does it do specifically...

I keep the attributes, personality and other stuff on. But I want to know the players overall and plsyer type. It makes it more realistic imo.

15 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Same with LW — hard to get depth on that side with higher overalls which is why I went with E. Kane. Yeah, LD is another one, but after spending a lot of time on HUT, I now have Coffey (89), M. Howe (89) and Suter (86) on that side. ::D 

Yes you're right about LW, I'll go on the market place and look but nothing cheap to add depth bought a 85 Hall yesterday but it cost 10,000 most I've ever paid for a player yet, but needed the depth. Luckily yesterday I got a pack to pick a legend player Daneyko(LD) for 10 games which bumped my OVR to 90 so I could do the 90+ hut challenges, but my OVR without him is 89. I got this game just before Christmas so I've had it for about 3 weeks, but my whole team I've literally bought on the market place and haven't bought one pack yet just opened free ones I've been given, this is my team.

Forwards

Line 1:Hall(85) Tavares(85) P.Kane(84)

Line 2:Landeskog(85) Kopitar(85) Voracek(83)

Line 3:Benn(84) Getzlaf(85) Pavelski (83)

Line 4:Rantanen(83) Kuznetsov(84) Marchessault(83)

Defense

Line 1: Daneyko(88) Burns(84)

Line 2: Gostisbehere(84) Byfuglien(84)

Line 3: McDonagh(83) Pietrangelo(84)

Ekman-Larsson(83) once Daneyko expires.

Goalies

Bobrovsky (91)

Price(86)

The Landeskog and McDonagh are a team of the week card, Getzlaf is a thanksgiving card, but every player except my new goalies I have bought on the market place for 5,500 or less, except for Hall yesterday.

20 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yes you're right about LW, I'll go on the market place and look but nothing cheap to add depth bought a 85 Hall yesterday but it cost 10,000 most I've ever paid for a player yet, but needed the depth. Luckily yesterday I got a pack to pick a legend player Daneyko(LD) for 10 games which bumped my OVR to 90 so I could do the 90+ hut challenges, but my OVR without him is 89. I got this game just before Christmas so I've had it for about 3 weeks, but my whole team I've literally bought on the market place and haven't bought one pack yet just opened free ones I've been given, this is my team.

Forwards

Line 1:Hall(85) Tavares(85) P.Kane(84)

Line 2:Landeskog(85) Kopitar(85) Voracek(83)

Line 3:Benn(84) Getzlaf(85) Pavelski (83)

Line 4:Rantanen(83) Kuznetsov(84) Marchessault(83)

Defense

Line 1: Daneyko(88) Burns(84)

Line 2: Gostisbehere(84) Byfuglien(84)

Line 3: McDonagh(83) Pietrangelo(84)

Ekman-Larsson(83) once Daneyko expires.

Goalies

Bobrovsky (91)

Price(86)

The Landeskog and McDonagh are a team of the week card, Getzlaf is a thanksgiving card, but every player except my new goalies I have bought on the market place for 5,500 or less, except for Hall yesterday.

Nice.

Here is my team:

Kane (91) - Morenz (89) - Kurri (87)

Ogrodnick (87) - Crosby (87) - Conacher (87)

Tkachuk (86) - LaFontaine (86) - Fluery (86)

Ovechkin (86) - Malkin (86) - Kucherov (85)

Coffey (89) - Horton (90)

Howe (89) - Ristolainen (86)

Suter (86) - Doughty (85)

Murray (84)

Price (84)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nice.

Here is my team:

Kane (91) - Morenz (89) - Kurri (87)

Ogrodnick (87) - Crosby (87) - Conacher (87)

Tkachuk (86) - LaFontaine (86) - Fluery (86)

Ovechkin (86) - Malkin (86) - Kucherov (85)

Coffey (89) - Horton (90)

Howe (89) - Ristolainen (86)

Suter (86) - Doughty (85)

Murray (84)

Price (84)

Nice that's a pretty solid lineup!

Sure will be nice to complete some of the milestones eventually and get some higher players for free. I played this guy last night who had a team like yours much better then mine, but it was funny he had the old vintage Canucks jerseys on, the black and orange V ones and was thinking can this be you by chance, but then he had a different goalie then what you mentioned so it couldn't be, but anyways came back and beat him 3-2, scored 2 goals in the 3rd!

Are you on Xbox or PS?