The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Shows how bad sales are and how bad 19 is now, they're offering it FREE this month on Xbox One :towel:

I still don't think it's a bad game.  I really like it.  I just think that it's hard to sustain sales on a game that comes out every year.

I don't buy Madden or FIFA every year.  Maybe every three of four years, and usually only once the price has dropped.  I bet lots of people are the same way with the NHL series.

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

I still don't think it's a bad game.  I really like it.  I just think that it's hard to sustain sales on a game that comes out every year.

I don't buy Madden or FIFA every year.  Maybe every three of four years, and usually only once the price has dropped.  I bet lots of people are the same way with the NHL series.

The way the game operated on the last gen consoles was way better and smoother, that's what a lot of people are upset about, supposedly EA is bringing in help to make NHL 20 to fix it :lol:

But totally agree on the bringing it out every year too, and the price they're charging when Rockstar can have a game last 5 years at the same price EA charges yearly, it's bad.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:59 AM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Shows how bad sales are and how bad 19 is now, they're offering it FREE this month on Xbox One :towel:

Got live back and downloaded it 

Had to turn down towards arcade cause off all the clutch and grab in this game.its so slow when you first play it.

• Cheers 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Violator said:

Got live back and downloaded it 

Had to turn down towards arcade cause off all the clutch and grab in this game.its so slow when you first play it.

Give it time and you'll start seeing all the flaws in the game they always happen lol, for instance yesterday I had to take some video records of it. One was the puck went literally through my blade of my stick infront of the net empty net and no one around to bump me off or interfere with my shot, just literally replay shows my blade going right through the puck, but he's the kicker not only once, not twice, but 3 times on the same play, the other 2 yes the defender was there to give me some trouble, but still shows my blade going through the puck on them, games a joke.

The other one was I felt I stick lifted him but he still got the pass off, so I went and looked at the replay and no joke again, on my stick lift my stick literally went through his stick, but didn't allow the stick lift to happen, when I see garbage developing like that over and over again, I give up on that company untill they figure their crap out, won't be getting 20 until they fix the game, it's bad sadly.

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Give it time and you'll start seeing all the flaws in the game they always happen lol, for instance yesterday I had to take some video records of it. One was the puck went literally through my blade of my stick infront of the net empty net and no one around to bump me off or interfere with my shot, just literally replay shows my blade going right through the puck, but he's the kicker not only once, not twice, but 3 times on the same play, the other 2 yes the defender was there to give me some trouble, but still shows my blade going through the puck on them, games a joke.

The other one was I felt I stick lifted him but he still got the pass off, so I went and looked at the replay and no joke again, on my stick lift my stick literally went through his stick, but didn't allow the stick lift to happen, when I see garbage developing like that over and over again, I give up on that company untill they figure their crap out, won't be getting 20 until they fix the game, it's bad sadly.

Its happened for years.

Like your goalie not coming out to play the puck after a dump on a powerplay.

32 minutes ago, Violator said:

Its happened for years.

Like your goalie not coming out to play the puck after a dump on a powerplay.

They do that though on the last gen consoles 360 game on Legacy, goalies come out and grab it behind the net and then just leave it :lol:.

This 19 was my first version on the new gen consoles, and I just don't enjoy it like I enjoyed the play on the last gen consoles, they played smoother and more enjoyable imo, you could actually pass the puck around like in real hockey.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the third regular season of my franchise and I missed the bonus for not selling out every game.

I have won the Stanley Cup twice (hopefully three after these playoffs) and the Presidents Trophy in back-to-back seasons.  Boeser just locked up his 2nd Richard and 1st Art Ross trophies with a 71 goal / 100 point season.  I only had 7 losses all season and I didn't sell out every game?

Not that it matters.  The $50K budget bonus is pointless anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Franchise mode with the Canucks with 4 CAP (LW C RW and RD) at 87 overalls. My only issue so far is that Boeser just can't hit the back of the net. He's got 1 measly goal in 15 or so games... 

Ferland has 5

Virtanen has 5

Pettersson has 10

Horvat has 4

Baertschi has 6

I just don't understand how to use BB effectively I guess.... I thought his shot wouldn't be so nerfed in the game seeing as it is his main weapon

• 3 weeks later...

Playing my final NHL 19 franchise mode. I created the Seattle Silvertips and was awarded the 5th overall pick in the 2018 draft.

5th overall we drafted a fella by the name of Lekkhier (Top 6 Forward Pot). The top 4 players ahead of him had elite potential. 

I updated the NHL lineup to current NHL lineups to start 2019-20. 

Killorn - Pavelski - c.Smith

Johansson - Marleau - Kapanen

Duclair - Sissons - Armia

Roussel - Jenner - Cogliano

Martinez - Schultz

Hickey - Larsson

Van Reimsdyke - c.Carrick

Lehner

Ullmark

We signed Pavelski to a 4 year 7m per deal. Then traded a 2020 2nd, 2021 3rd, and a depth forward for Marleau's cap dump and Kapanen.

Craig Smith leads the team with 11 points in 11 games. Chicago is the best team in the league with a record of 11-0-1. Nicolas Beaudin made the Hawks out of camp as a 62 overall. He has 8 pts in 11 games. 

This is by far my fav franchise mode yet and I intend on playing multiple seasons of it. As I have no intention of buying NHL 20. I acquired Lajoie out of Ottawa for Michael Stone and a pick. He's currently in the AHL as a 78 overall playing with Lekkhier who I just signed to a professional deal.

Ullmark has for whatever reason played 8 games to lehners 6. He appears to be the coaches go too. Both goalies have a 927sv%.

Updating the rosters with all the recent trades really opened up the expansion draft options for me. I recommend doing the updates manually if you plan on doing another expansion draft!

I am really trying to find a first line centre of the future for my franchise. My top two centres are currently Pavelski and Marleau both whom are getting up there in age.  There are no top centre prospects coming up in the 2019 draft aside from Cozens, Dach etc.

I was wondering if anyone know how good Cody Glass gets in NHL 19 franchise mode? In the later years. I'm looking to part with my 2020 1st, a 2020 3rd and two roster players a forward and D to fill the need. I might be able to get VGK to move him for that price. He listed as avaliable in my gm mode. 

The big thing is whether or not be will be worth the cost to acquire him. He is clearly the best avaliable young Centre on the trade market that fits my next core. I am playing this mode where I have to accept or decline contract offers from all players. (No negotiating them down).  I can also only deal for players who are redundant or on the block.

Ie Ottawa has like 5 young centres with top 6 potential. I would let myself trade for one of the bottom 3.  I am also only able to extend players who wish to be extended. I have a D man who does not wish to sign in his final year. So I may move him over risk losing him for nothing. 

My team has done quite well though as an expansion team. Similar to Vegas' success at this point. If you have any other centre suggestions who develop well over time please let me know. I am considering anyone here as a team scout lol. 

Please let me know if you have any info!

Edited by Rush17

^

|

|

I decided to go with Isaac Lundeström of the Ducks. (18th OA in 2018)

[âIMG]

77 Overall - Top 6 Potential - 19 Years of Age.

I felt his progression at this stage is a really encouraging sign. I traded Anaheim my 2019 1st and Trevor Van Riemsdyk. My team is currently near the top of the central so it is unlikely to be a lottery pick. However stranger things have happened. He put up a doughnut in his first game but followed it up with a goal and assist in his second game.  He had 6 points in 6 pre-season games with Anaheim as well. I gave Lundestrom some PP time later in the third and it translated with an assist off of Kasperi Kapanen on our second unit PP. He later scored shorthanded on a bit of a flukey play off a pass from Sissons. Overall I am very happy with the acquisition of Lundestrom but I will need to remain patient with him. He still has a lot of progression to make before he's an everyday impact player but we saw some encouraging signs in tonights 4-1 win over the Boston Bruins.

I really like Lundestrom's high hockey IQ and exceptional passing. His shot is pretty solid and he seems like a pretty smart 2 way playmaker. With Marleau being age 39 and Pavelski being 34 we are going to definitely need him to fill in for our top 6 sooner then later. Likely as early as next season! The good news tho is he has some good chemistry with Kapanen on our 2nd line RW'er. Lundestrom got some PP time late last game and showed well. I have Sissons, Jenner, and Johansson who can all play centre in the future but I prefer Johansson on the wing and the others are kinda medicore. I may have to locate myself another top 6 potential centre down the road.

Anaheim Ducks

SEA 2020 1st Round Pick

Trevor Van Riemsdyk *

Seattle Silvertips

Issac Lundestrom

Dennis Seidenberg (cap relief)

* Seattle retains 1M in salary for the remainder of the season.

If you guys have any other suggestions for a centre! I am all ears. I'm not sure if Lundestrom will be a 1st line centre but I'm pretty confident he's going to be a solid #2 if all things go well! The search for another top 6 C will continue into the off-season likely. We are 17 games into the season thus far!

Edited by Rush17

On 8/7/2019 at 2:54 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Playing Franchise mode with the Canucks with 4 CAP (LW C RW and RD) at 87 overalls. My only issue so far is that Boeser just can't hit the back of the net. He's got 1 measly goal in 15 or so games... 

Ferland has 5

Virtanen has 5

Pettersson has 10

Horvat has 4

Baertschi has 6

I just don't understand how to use BB effectively I guess.... I thought his shot wouldn't be so nerfed in the game seeing as it is his main weapon

Boeser has been fantastic in my franchise.

In three seasons he won the Richard trophy 3 times and the Art Ross once.  He scored 71 goals for me last season.  One of my favourite moves is to put him on left defense on the PP1 unit.  When the faceoff is in the offensive zone (either side), Horvat wins the draw back and Boeser fires it in from there.  It doesn't work every time, but it is quite effective.

I also get lots of goals from him on the rush, you just have to pick the corners.  When he comes over the blue line on the right side I go for the top left corner of the net.  It fools the goalie.

8 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Boeser has been fantastic in my franchise.

In three seasons he won the Richard trophy 3 times and the Art Ross once.  He scored 71 goals for me last season.  One of my favourite moves is to put him on left defense on the PP1 unit.  When the faceoff is in the offensive zone (either side), Horvat wins the draw back and Boeser fires it in from there.  It doesn't work every time, but it is quite effective.

I also get lots of goals from him on the rush, you just have to pick the corners.  When he comes over the blue line on the right side I go for the top left corner of the net.  It fools the goalie.

Yeah he started picking it up and now has like 9 goals in his last 10 or so games..... was just really weird because in most of my other franchise modes he was very decent and would score at his normal pace.... I'm currently using him on the left wing on the PP as i have a CAP on left D and Hughes on the RD and it's working out pretty well. Guess I just had to adjust.

Side note, Horvat picked it up as well and now is 1st on the team with 16 or 17 goals in 30 games. I put him and Gaudette on PK #1 and they've been putting in some SHGs I really can't complain. 

I'm on superstar difficulty if anybody's wondering, just been able to score a lot for some reason, the hard part has been keeping Demko and Markstrom's save % respectable....

On 8/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yeah he started picking it up and now has like 9 goals in his last 10 or so games..... was just really weird because in most of my other franchise modes he was very decent and would score at his normal pace.... I'm currently using him on the left wing on the PP as i have a CAP on left D and Hughes on the RD and it's working out pretty well. Guess I just had to adjust.

Side note, Horvat picked it up as well and now is 1st on the team with 16 or 17 goals in 30 games. I put him and Gaudette on PK #1 and they've been putting in some SHGs I really can't complain. 

I'm on superstar difficulty if anybody's wondering, just been able to score a lot for some reason, the hard part has been keeping Demko and Markstrom's save % respectable....

I just crank the goalie reaction settings to max, and lower the screen efficiency and persistence a touch. I also play 10 minute periods, allows more momentum swings, and more time for a goalie to recover their save % if they give up a few bad ones early.

18'-19' season: Markstrom - 0.945 sv%, Demko: 0.912 sv%

Edited by Chickenspear

On 8/27/2019 at 7:40 AM, Rush17 said:

Anaheim Ducks

SEA 2020 1st Round Pick

Trevor Van Riemsdyk *

Seattle Silvertips

Issac Lundestrom

Dennis Seidenberg (cap relief)

* Seattle retains 1M in salary for the remainder of the season.

If you guys have any other suggestions for a centre! I am all ears. I'm not sure if Lundestrom will be a 1st line centre but I'm pretty confident he's going to be a solid #2 if all things go well! The search for another top 6 C will continue into the off-season likely. We are 17 games into the season thus far!

Just an update on the post above. I'm not sure if everyone is reading these but I thoroughly enjoy writing about it lol. I'm okay with that even if no one read it! Please indulge me and skip this post. :lol:

I made 2 quick trades recently. Like my final 2 of the season barring no crazy cpu trade offers.

The Maple Leafs requested Patrick Marleau back as Mitch Marner remains unsigned and the team is in a tail spin.

The Leafs offered me

CHI 2nd 2019 

TOR 3rd 2019

for

SEA 2nd 2020

Patrick Marleau

Chicago's 2nd is equal to mine as we are both top teams in the league. The Leafs third is middling at best. I countered requesting Toronto's 7th as well. Sissons is now back in the second line centre role. I feel its a bit of a neutral move but I have a lot of NHL bodies and could use the space. (I freed up 6'ish m in salary).

Then I proceeded to explore Alex Killorn trade options. As I mentioned above we have a lot of NHL bodies and Killorn hasn't been fitting in the top 6 recently. We were worried his OA would drop which would be bad for the club given his 4 years remaining on his contract. We explored a few options but opted to retain the salary of Martin Hanzal for the remainder of the 2018-19 season. In return for this cap dump and the acquisition of Killorn we picked up recently drafted (2017) Jason Robertson of the Dallas Stars. 

I offered the Stars

Alex Killorn

for

Jason Robertson

Martin Hanzal (cap dump of 4.75M)

We are not sure what Robertson will be at the NHL level - if he even makes it. He has a wick hard wrist and slap shot though at 84 OA.  This was rather intriguing to see us given he is only a 65 OA at this stage in his career. He is listed as a Low Top 6 Forward so he is a gamble but we felt he was worth holding onto for a season and see how he progresses. Our lineup has now changed. Duclair has moved into our top 6 recently and Max Lajoie has been called up from Burnaby.

Lines are as follows:

Johansson - Pavelski - c.Smith

Duclair - Sissons - Kapanen

Cogliano - Jenner - 

Roussel - Lundestrom - Armia

Martinez - Schultz

Hickey - Larsson

Lajoie - c.Carrick

Lehner

Ullmark

Top Prospects:

Nurmi (Low Elite LW)

Lundestrom (Top 6 C)

Lehikker (Top 6 RW)

Robertson (Low Top 6 LW)

Max Lajoie (Top 6 D)

A few more not listed (Top 6 D / Bottom 6 Forwards etc)

We still have a lot way to go before our next core is ready in the NHL. We feel we have been able to add a few pieces along the way. The goal is to have the next wave of youth come up as our veterans start to decline or retire. 39 year old Marleau is no longer on the team but 34 year old Joe Pavelski does remain. The hope is to create a cup contender in 3-4 years time when these youngsters can become impactful players. We have a long way to go but we are making progress. Lehner's play has been superior to that of Ullmark. Both tenders are locked in for term at cheap rates. We may explore moving Ullmark in the summer if he doesn't continue to progress. Lehner has been sensational in key games for us recently. Including a 4-1 win we had over the very strong Blackhawks.