The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 19 Thread

goalie13

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Never heard of it. Just checked out the website. How does it work?

there are 3  leagues NHL, AHL, CHL. Each team has management consisting of other people who are signed up for the league. At the start of every season they have scouting games to find players for their teams. If you are new you have to start in the CHL, after your first season you can be drafted. If you are not drafted you have to play something like 40 games in the CHL before you can move up to the AHL or NHL. There is a salary cap, you can be traded, called up, waived.

3 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

there are 3  leagues NHL, AHL, CHL. Each team has management consisting of other people who are signed up for the league. At the start of every season they have scouting games to find players for their teams. If you are new you have to start in the CHL, after your first season you can be drafted. If you are not drafted you have to play something like 40 games in the CHL before you can move up to the AHL or NHL. There is a salary cap, you can be traded, called up, waived.

So, it's sort of like playing EASHL but with leagues and individual promotions, etc?

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

So, it's sort of like playing EASHL but with leagues and individual promotions, etc?

You're on a team consisting of 3 lines(9 forwards, 6 D, 2 goalies). There are 9 games a week and players play 3 games a week(Goalies can play up to 6).

There are 82 games in a season and each season is run 9 weeks, then playoffs.

It is essentially the NHL but video game version. There's Free agency, trades, all-star game, Stanley cup playoffs, etc.

There are GMs who can sign, trade and waive players. Free agency is a bidding system so good players get bid up high but you have to meet the salary cap.

It is a little bit of commitment but if you're into competitive gaming it's fun.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You're on a team consisting of 3 lines(9 forwards, 6 D, 2 goalies). There are 9 games a week and players play 3 games a week(Goalies can play up to 6).

There are 82 games in a season and each season is run 9 weeks, then playoffs.

It is essentially the NHL but video game version. There's Free agency, trades, all-star game, Stanley cup playoffs, etc.

There are GMs who can sign, trade and waive players. Free agency is a bidding system so good players get bid up high but you have to meet the salary cap.

It is a little bit of commitment but if you're into competitive gaming it's fun.

Sounds like fun. Do they make the instant transition to NHL 19 when it comes out?

11 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Sounds like fun. Do they make the instant transition to NHL 19 when it comes out?

I might get NHL 19 if this happens. This sounds like fun :)

The day this game series returns to PC is the day I become $80 poorer. I'd buy that stuff up in a heartbeat, but I don't play any other console games, so it's hardly worth buying an entire console for just one game.

I'll be acquiring it through other means.  ;)

Due to the absolute disrespect EA has shown towards gamers by refusing to fix the atrocious passing/AI, they will not be getting a dime of my money.  It may be an option in the future when they prove they are capable of producing a functioning game.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

You're on a team consisting of 3 lines(9 forwards, 6 D, 2 goalies).

Can you elaborate on this?  So this isn't EASHL?

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

It is EASHL.. there are just 17 players on the team.. Whomever the GM is of the team will create the lines for the games throughout the week. Each game having 3 forwards 2 defense and a goalie. Each player(forward/defense) can play a max of 3 games a week.. While the goalies could do a 6/3 split(when i played many years ago)

If a player did not show up.. or was unable to play their full 3 games for the week you were able to call up a player from your minor league team(and they could only be called up for 1 game a week but still had there how ever many in the league they were in)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

This is by far the best change they could have made to the gameplay for me. The skating in NHL 15, 16, 17 and 18 has been a clunky input delayed mess. This new skating feels like NHL 12 and prior to play, but looks wayy better with the new animations. I haven't really liked any of the NHL's on this gen, mostly due to the clunky feeling gameplay. I'm excited for 19's gameplay. I think it will be really good again. 

https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2018/nhl-19-features-real-motion-tech-skating

Experience skating that’s more responsive than ever before as Real Player Motion (RPM) Technology comes to EA SPORTS NHL 19. Featuring innovative animation, RPM delivers Explosive-Edge skating that enables more control, acceleration, and creativity up and down the ice. Inspired by the high-paced nature of today’s NHL, RPM-fueled skating delivers speed, agility, and pin-point turns to NHL 19, giving you the ability to skate like Connor McDavid. Learn more about RPM Skating in NHL 19 below. 

Move like McDavid in NHL 19

Turn on a dime and change direction with blinding speed thanks to Explosive-Edge skating. Enjoy movement that gives you total command and react smoothly on the ice with superior control. Generate speed using edgework and crossover maneuvers to skate with power in all zones of the rink, dominating the game the way McDavid does.

Skate with Skill and Speed

Just like today’s NHL, using size in combination with skill is a key component of powering past the competition in NHL 19. Player size and their attribute ratings correlate with the kind of skating style you’ll see them move with, giving you a number of ways to take advantage of a skater’s abilities. Utilize speed advantages possessed by smaller players and blow right by the defenders, or work down low in the corners as you use powerful turns to keep the puck with larger players.

Thanks to RPM, you’ll have fluid command over where your player skates with seamless animations that let you decide exactly how you’ll get from point A to B. This level of responsiveness opens a world of possibilities for every single skater based on their skill ratings, physical size, and movement style. Player endurance also plays an important role in NHL 19, as hustling will burn more energy than gliding and maintaining momentum through pivots and wider turns.

Size and Skating Style

While statistical ratings and size will continue to have the biggest impact on a player’s ability to get around the ice in NHL 19, RPM incorporates skating styles that affect the visual presentation and overall feeling of motion. The difference in attributes combined with unique animations makes player differentiation better than ever before. Players like Patrick Kane will be seen using quick elusive steps to evade trouble in the corners, while players like Dustin Byfuglien will be able to use more powerful strides and their strength to get past players.

These systems also carry over into the World of CHEL where you'll create your own unique identity, as different choices to height, weight, attribute customization by class, and the traits you select for your Create-a-Skater will differentiate how players look and feel while skating out on the ice.

With or Without the Puck

Skating when you don’t have the puck is just as important as driving the play when you do, which is why you’ll notice four different stick positions that build upon the authentic skating experience at all ends of the ice. Each stick variation is impacted by multiple motions such as tight carve turns, stops, cycles, crossovers, exits, and starts, applicable in all directions. In combination with skating styles, there are limitless possibilities to unlock each player’s potential in NHL 19, all thanks to the power of RPM.

Edited by ThatPope

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Tre Mac said:

Its all done through EASHL. There are several different leagues LG,VG,SPNHL facebook league. I don't play facebook league but the others have similar rules. There is a set number of roster spots you have to play scouting games for team owners and GM's if you want to get signed or drafted. There is salary cap, you can be traded, waived or called up. All career stats are tracked. there are also tournaments outside the regular season for example LG does WJC and VG does world cup. If you want to play I would suggest LG first I find it has the best website. There is also an app for your phone. Its currently in season so if you sign up now you will be randomly assigned to a CHL team.

5 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

I just hope the AI is more balanced than NHL 18.  That was the first NHL game of that series that I've hated.  

You've must never have played the first installment on the previous gen, I forget the actual year(rightfully so).  No Franchise mode, no roster creation, no online lol. 

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

You've must never have played the first installment on the previous gen, I forget the actual year(rightfully so).  No Franchise mode, no roster creation, no online lol. 

I remember that.  The gameplay didn't change either but at least it was still fun.