The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

As @The Great Canucks noted, he has an NTC, not a NMC.

Whether Tanev is moved or not this deadline, IMO, he's headed back East when he turns UFA.

Amazing how time flies but Tanev has been with Vancouver for 9 years now. Lots to be said wanting to stay with the Canucks especially since they are on the upswing. At the end of the day he has to secure his future. The question he might ask himself is whether he will be in the long term plans. ie 3 years out. 

22 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

*cough* *cough* Eriksson

I can easily see a scenario where we deal Eriksson with his high cap hit yet low salary and kick in a 3rd round pick or something.

If you are cap dumping AND protecting players from the expansion draft it’ll cost more than a measly 3rd rounder. It cost Columbus a 1st rounder and Karlsson to get rid of Clarkson and to protect Korpisalo/Anderson.

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Edler has an NMC, at least now, you think he would re-sign without one?  Tanev is healthy and playing well, his trade value may never again be this high, but I think the Canucks are thinking playoffs.  February will be the month that determines whether we can make it, I believe - three sets of four games in six nights - most of the month on the road - that situation killed us earlier in the year.  If we survive February, we make the playoffs, if the Orcas flounder, time for some player movement.

As others pointed out, NTC and not NMC.

But anyway, yes I do think so. Canucks have the leverage here. Edler wants to remain in Vancouver. The Canucks are not going to handcuff themselves come expansion.

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

When does the season end for Hughes and he'd be available to sign with Canucks? I'm assuming that he will probably play his first pro game this season.

Hughes could be playing in Vancouver by middle of March if his teams gets knocked out of playoffs.....

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Hughes could be playing in Vancouver by middle of March if his teams gets knocked out of playoffs.....

Okay, that's what I thought. From what I've also heard (here in fact), is that its pretty unlikely his team makes the playoffs in the first place.

I think as soon as his College season is done, he'll be signing here.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think the Canucks will make the playoffs. I’m a believer now this season. The whole team is playing inspirational hockey aside from the first half of that wings game.. anyways, I’m predicting that Hughes will be Quarterbacking the power play in the playoffs this season. First or second unit who knows but this will all be valuable experience for these young guys. The draft pick position is overrated now with the lottery. Playoff experience is invaluable. 

Welcome aboard!

B)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, that's what I thought. From what I've also heard (here in fact), is that its pretty unlikely his team makes the playoffs in the first place.

I think as soon as his College season is done, he'll be signing here.

Agreed.  I dont think this team has any concern about signing Hughes immediately.  It will put butts in the seats and be another reason to renew season tickets.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think the Canucks will make the playoffs. I’m a believer now this season. The whole team is playing inspirational hockey aside from the first half of that wings game.. anyways, I’m predicting that Hughes will be Quarterbacking the power play in the playoffs this season. First or second unit who knows but this will all be valuable experience for these young guys. The draft pick position is overrated now with the lottery. Playoff experience is invaluable. 

Lots of room on the wagon.  I brought hot chocolate and whiskey.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I really am amazed at how many think Hughes will just walk into the team. I have big reservations on that and would prefer to see him help Utica if he is eligible and they are in the playoffs. There is no need to hurry him.

It may 'only' be 3rd pairing 5v5 minutes, pp time and perhaps the odd game in the press box initially but he will indeed 'walk into the team'. 

I doubt he sees any time in Utica.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

What is the earliest we can get Quinn? Like no playoffs for his time. When is the last regular season game? Asking because I cant watch Pouliot any longer

March 2nd is his teams last game of the season I believe, so he could sign after that if they don't make the playoffs.

I read that their 1st line center is out for the season with injury and that pretty much killed any playoff hopes for them.

How are people going to react if Hughes comes in and makes mistakes and turns over the puck just like Pouliot?

It's a possibility.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I have super high hopes for Q and think he will be a smart player.

But growing pains are to be expected as he learns what he can and can't get away with in the big leagues.

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
Added content.