The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Crude?   Have you ever stepped into a dressing room or even had a chat with guys over a beer?    Seriously dude, if you find that crude you are on an entirely different plan for sense of humour.  I will apologize simply as I don't like offending people unintentionally.    

Here's the thing. You have no idea who's reading these comment, it can be young children who think it's OK. Look around the dressing room you see a bunch of reprobate you couldn't shock if you tried

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Here's the thing. You have no idea who's reading these comment, it can be young children who think it's OK. Look around the dressing room you see a bunch of reprobate you couldn't shock if you tried

I'm old but not offended. :wacko::wacko:

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2019 at 9:13 PM, Stierlitz said:

The current list is changed in the Canucks favour comparing to the one of Feb 12 posted on the previous page - two more Canucks prospects ( Juolevi and Woo) are included in the list with Quinn Hughes still in the first place.

How accurate has this system been over the years? It looks legit. 

1 minute ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah his numbers are almost as good as Hughes. I’m guessing it has to do with zone entries and whatnot. If it’s accurate though it looks good for us having 3 defenders on there. 

I guess there’s some sort of fancy stat way to get this list, but many of these guys play in different leagues, and play different roles.  I guess Hughes, Fabbro, and Makar play similar, but OJ and Woo are very different from those three.  We do have three guys, like you say, do that says good stuff about our future. :towel:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I guess there’s some sort of fancy stat way to get this list, but many of these guys play in different leagues, and play different roles.  I guess Hughes, Fabbro, and Makar play similar, but OJ and Woo are very different from those three.  We do have three guys, like you say, do that says good stuff about our future. :towel:

I’m not surprised to see Hughes and Juolevi on there, but I’m definitely surprised at how well Woo is doing. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I’m not surprised to see Hughes and Juolevi on there, but I’m definitely surprised at how well Woo is doing. 

So true about Woo.  These kinds of lists are usually for the offensive minded Dmen.  Woo is more of a rock solid guy, who is putting up some decent numbers, but that’s not the only part of his game, or even the best part.

Did we steal a top D man in Woo?  Wasn’t Edler a third rounder?  

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So true about Woo.  These kinds of lists are usually for the offensive minded Dmen.  Woo is more of a rock solid guy, who is putting up some decent numbers, but that’s not the only part of his game, or even the best part.

Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, RomanJosi and PK Subban were also taken in the 2nd round

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCNate said:

I'd go with the 2 Sabres for now.

I like EP better than Eichel

Dahlin has proved it in the NHL at 18, Hughes still has some question marks.  

End of next year my answer may very well change, but for now, the 2 Sabres.

I find EP two way game amazing what he is doing as a first year center blows my mind I would not trade him strait up for both those Sabres feel free to razz me in a few years but I think we are only seeing magic from EP for the next 10 years

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Woo missed a bunch of games in his draft year 20+ due to injury but still beat his offensive output from the year before. When he came back from injury he was placed in a very defensive oriented/shut down role so his offense wasn't really on display. He would have put up decent numbers in his draft year had he been healthy and had that role. I have said in the past he has Bieksa upside offensively, with a better defensive game. He is indeed a steal (don't forget he got an invite to the WJ team camp so he's considered one of the top Dmen his age in Canada, no small feat)....Many friends thought my comparison was absurd, I think his numbers and play this year are showing that potential is actually there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah his numbers are almost as good as Hughes. I’m guessing it has to do with zone entries and whatnot. If it’s accurate though it looks good for us having 3 defenders on there. 

The model adjusts for age. 

Hughes is younger than Fabbro, so him putting up the same statline results in a higher score.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Growing up on the ice: Hughes family

The lifelong bond that has been created between the Hughes family on the ice has translated into incredible levels of success.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/hughes-family-shares-lifelong-bond-ice

Great little exp-osier on the family.  It has made me a bit more excited to see him play with our Nucks. :towel:

2 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Growing up on the ice: Hughes family

The lifelong bond that has been created between the Hughes family on the ice has translated into incredible levels of success.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/hughes-family-shares-lifelong-bond-ice

March can't come soon enough

16 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

I find EP two way game amazing what he is doing as a first year center blows my mind I would not trade him strait up for both those Sabres feel free to razz me in a few years but I think we are only seeing magic from EP for the next 10 years

At his age and contract I wouldn't trade EP40 for any player in the league.  Hope I feel the same about Hughes in a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

At his age and contract I wouldn't trade EP40 for any player in the league.  Hope I feel the same about Hughes in a few weeks. 

Everyone knows you need a 1C, a 1D (or close to it), and a 1G to win.

Petey is already a 1C in his first year in the NHL. We have seen how this kid develops at a crazy rate. Imagine his skills in two years when he has more experience and is close to 195 lbs. He will be an elite 1C imo. His will to win is amazing.

We may have a 1G in Demko coming.  And we have Hughes who has a projected high ceiling but we really have no idea right now where he will end up.

I have not watched Dahlin much but I am not sure I would trade Petey for him at this point. In fact, I don't think I would. Although Dahlin will probably be that 1D we really wish we had and he projects to be better than Hughes by most (not some of our real homers though lol).

I am very excited for the next couple of years....:towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1