The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think Erik Karlsson in the way he moves. It will be kinda difficult to make the adjustment for his teammates due to his offensive and skating capabilities. Concerning his points, Dahlin had 44 points, last years nr 1. To expect 50-70 points from him is silly. 40 is not impossible though, and id say thats a fantastic effort none the less. if he gets more then 30 id be happy enough, especially if he manages to improve in the Dzone more then the last games of last season. Dont want him -50 and with 30 points...thats not good for the team. 

Just now, Mrwipeout said:

I think Erik Karlsson in the way he moves. It will be kinda difficult to make the adjustment for his teammates due to his offensive and skating capabilities. Concerning his points, Dahlin had 44 points, last years nr 1. To expect 50-70 points from him is silly. 40 is not impossible though, and id say thats a fantastic effort none the less. if he gets more then 30 id be happy enough, especially if he manages to improve in the Dzone more then the last games of last season. Dont want him -50 and with 30 points...thats not good for the team. 

Sabre fans, by the end of this year, will be crying they didn’t take Quinn.  60 plus points is a certainty for Quinn this season.  I like Dahlin, but he’s an Edler level of player.  Quinn is way better.  Can you say Orr, as in Bobby?  

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Fan since 82 said:

Is QH good to go? Just watchingthe Sens game and he's not playing. Last I heard was when they were being cautious and he didn't finish a game. Any update?

He played last game and was great. Played the full game too. He's fine.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wondering if Hughes getting time in Utica would help him with his defensive game? Say 20 games. 

He had a tough 1st period against the Totes.

We could hang on to another young guy in development in the meantime.

Zero chance of that happening.

Maybe it could help. But we will never know. Maybe 20 games up will do the same thing though.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wondering if Hughes getting time in Utica would help him with his defensive game? Say 20 games. 

He had a tough 1st period against the Totes.

We could hang on to another young guy in development in the meantime.

I felt the same way, his Dgame isn't the strongest. But he'll also sell a wholle lotta merch, so he's staying.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

We'll see I guess. But looks like he's going to get thrown into the fire right away. He  made a mistake coming back on the one goal, skated to the crease and not to the puck which (with his skills) he could have easily cleared. Makes Stecher all that more amazing at his size and so much composure.  We need to rotate coverage for Q's slick forays, he's actually like an extra forward out there he's so quick. Love his offense.

Just need to support him defensively.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll see I guess. But looks like he's going to get thrown into the fire right away. He  made a mistake coming back on the one goal, skated to the crease and not to the puck which (with his skills) he could have easily cleared. Makes Stecher all that more amazing at his size and so much composure.  We need to rotate coverage for his slick forays, he's actually like an extra forward he's so quick. Love his offense.

We all knew that Hughes is a rookie and will make mistakes while he grows and provides offense.  No need for Canuck fans to freak out about it......not that you are...just sayin.

• Hydration 1
6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll see I guess. But looks like he's going to get thrown into the fire right away. He  made a mistake coming back on the one goal, skated to the crease and not to the puck which (with his skills) he could have easily cleared. Makes Stecher all that more amazing at his size and so much composure.  We need to rotate coverage for his slick forays, he's actually like an extra forward he's so quick. Love his offense.

If it was last year ‘s D-core I might have more concern about QH being thrown to the wolves. This group has much more experience and depth. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

We all knew that Hughes is a rookie and will make mistakes while he grows and provides offense.  No need for Canuck fans to freak out about it......not that you are...just sayin.

Yeah maybe protected minutes. Higher percentage ozone starts.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2
On 9/27/2019 at 12:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I felt the same way, his Dgame isn't the strongest. But he'll also sell a wholle lotta merch, so he's staying.

that is a top notch management strategy

• Haha 2

Lol.....theres no way in hell hes being sent down or even to consider it. Hes good enough but needs to improve in the Dzone but his individual skills is great and that is potential on the way to greatness. Offensively hes gonna rack up some nice numbers for sure, so its going to be interesting to see how he developes in those areas.