Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

Hughes still obviously has a long way to go defensively and it'd be nice to find him a solid two-way defender who's primarily a shutdown guy to play with going forward down the line, but of course it's nice to see Quinn rack up points. He might realistically hit 60 points if he's healthy all season which will be monstrous considering he's maybe our 3rd best defenceman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hughes still obviously has a long way to go defensively and it'd be nice to find him a solid two-way defender who's primarily a shutdown guy to play with going forward down the line, but of course it's nice to see Quinn rack up points. He might realistically hit 60 points if he's healthy all season which will be monstrous considering he's maybe our 3rd best defenceman.

He's our best defenceman overall, but yes he does have some growning to do in the corners and infront of our net in the D zone. I'd say he is our best defender against rush plays though, he is great with his stick and his skating allows him to get in a position to stick check without taking a penalty.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

He's our best defenceman overall, but yes he does have some growning to do in the corners and infront of our net in the D zone. I'd say he is our best defender against rush plays though, he is great with his stick and his skating allows him to get in a position to stick check without taking a penalty.

So true.  Quinn is a phenom.  60 plus points, and he’s leading us to the playoffs too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, Westcoasting said:

And Jeff Brown was amazing in his time here as well, too bad that coach after Quinn was a complete fool and ran Jeff out of town.

I remember hearing rumors that Jeff ran himself out of town with some indiscretions.. not sure if true.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn Hughes has been more impressive than both Boeser and EP were as rookies in my opinion.  BB and EP were great, but Hughes on pace for 70 points as a rookie Dman, while playing a ton of minutes against tough competition.  He may not win the Calder, Makar has been even better than Hughes so far, but both are having rookie seasons for the ages.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BCNate said:

Quinn Hughes has been more impressive than both Boeser and EP were as rookies in my opinion.  BB and EP were great, but Hughes on pace for 70 points as a rookie Dman, while playing a ton of minutes against tough competition.  He may not win the Calder, Makar has been even better than Hughes so far, but both are having rookie seasons for the ages.

Hold yer horses, Nate.  Quinn's only played 27 games so far.  We all know that after Christmas and down the stretch, teams start tightening up their game and play a lot harder.  Both Boes and Petey started to fall off during this timeframe and had injuries as well.  It's expecting a lot for Quinn to continue on this pace for 82 games when he has hardly played more than 40 games a season in his life.

 

Quinn is definitely an elite player, but he is young, inexperienced and still has a boy's frame.  He is will put up extremely impressive #s this season, but even more impressive is that he will do it while playing a solid defensive game.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, Alflives said:

So true.  Quinn is a phenom.  60 plus points, and he’s leading us to the playoffs too. 

You've been predicting 60 points for Hughes from the beginning. I was one of the many who said that was unlikely.

 

May be eating some crow here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kloubek said:

You've been predicting 60 points for Hughes from the beginning. I was one of the many who said that was unlikely.

 

May be eating some crow here...

Not gonna lie, this has been going through my mind lately. I'm still holding my breath, as many players slow down later on in the year, but even hitting 50 points would be incredible.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've seen a few of this guy's videos and I'm starting to really like his analysis. He did a great in-depth analysis on Hughes in one game.

 

For those who don't like advanced stats and prefer the eye-test, videos like this are where the two meet in a beautiful combination:

 

 

Laughed out loud when I heard the guy say Michael Ferland In French, "Michelle Furlend"

Edited by Kushman
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've seen a few of this guy's videos and I'm starting to really like his analysis. He did a great in-depth analysis on Hughes in one game.

 

For those who don't like advanced stats and prefer the eye-test, videos like this are where the two meet in a beautiful combination:

 

 

Been a fan of his for a while he dives pretty deep into his analysis.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...