The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/5/2019 at 10:59 PM, -AJ- said:

I've seen a few of this guy's videos and I'm starting to really like his analysis. He did a great in-depth analysis on Hughes in one game.

For those who don't like advanced stats and prefer the eye-test, videos like this are where the two meet in a beautiful combination:

Watch his video of pre draft Keppen.  Seriously.  

Keppen is a steal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's kind of mind boggling that Hughes is having one of the best rookie seasons of any defenseman in history and yet he's not the the Calder frontrunner. 

I’d take Murphy or Lidstrom any day on my team so I’m fine with Hughes being third. 

Murphy in 1980

Lidstrom in 1991

That makes Hughes the best current offensive defenseman in the league. (He’ll get by Makar at some point)

Edited by Me_

51 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's kind of mind boggling that Hughes is having one of the best rookie seasons of any defenseman in history and yet he's not the the Calder frontrunner. 

Reminds me of Crosby losing the Calder to Ovechkin in 2006. Amazing that 102 points didn't win him the Calder, but Ovie was that good.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Who'd you think I was referring to?

Yeah, I guess when I think about it, you were talking about. But this Calder race is actually really close. Olafsson got two points today. He's very much in the mix for the leader.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Yeah, I guess when I think about it, you were talking about. But this Calder race is actually really close. Olafsson got two points today. He's very much in the mix for the leader.

Points-wise he's up there for sure, but looking at everything in context, including the position and the age of the players in the race, what Hughes and Makar are doing is far more impressive than what Olofsson is doing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Rookie defenseman Quinn Hughes has as many points as Captain Bo Horvat this year so far in one less game.

Bo Horvat  30gp   24pts

Quinn Hughes  29gp  24pts

Pretty sure that not even the most homerish poster here would have said that would happen lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Rookie defenseman Quinn Hughes has as many points as Captain Bo Horvat this year so far in one less game.

Bo Horvat  30gp   24pts

Quinn Hughes  29gp  24pts

Pretty sure that not even the most homerish poster here would have said that would happen lol.

Before the season started, I predicted he would get 30 points in 76 games LOLLLLL

• Cheers 1