The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Ferlands_Head said:

There was one video i saw him in a Bruins jersey, that was enough for me :lol:

Haha yup, he wears jerseys of all teams, as he's a big jersey collector. He also makes quite an effort to be as fair and even to all teams, though he openly admits his biases--his top three favourite teams are the Canucks, Bruins, and Stars. Before you ask, he became a fan of the Bruins in the late 80s, haha.

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:20 AM, Harvey Specter said:

The NHL Network has listed our Quinn Hughes as #11 on their Top 20 Defensemen list! 

(He was listed as #12 on a fan-surveyed list.)

Ken Daneyko explains why the NHL Network have Hughes ranked 11th:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Is it just me or does Quinn look a little pudgy.  I hope this was in August and not last week. ::D

Not so much fat, but more a lack of muscle. He looks like me, but I'm sure he'll get it turned around for the season.

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

If he's this good now, just imagine when he gets in actual NHL-man shape :shock:

This is my thought with Petey as well. Both are going to be beastly players for us as they grow into their bodies.

At least Hughes is excellent at avoiding contact... though I still can't help cringe any time he does get nailed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

This is my thought with Petey as well. Both are going to be beastly players for us as they grow into their bodies.

At least Hughes is excellent at avoiding contact... though I still can't help cringe any time he does get nailed.

Honestly, I don't expect Petey to ever get to more than 190lbs at most. I think he'll be like Patty Kane in that he'll always remain quite light for his height (Kane is also relatively short, to be fair). As another comparison, Henrik was almost the same height as Pettersson and he ended his career around 180lbs or so I believe.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:51 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

Still looks like our prized shrimp to me. 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, c00kies said:

Not so much fat, but more a lack of muscle. He looks like me, but I'm sure he'll get it turned around for the season.

DR7LlFaUQAA1k8B.jpg

I'd rather have pudgy PPG NHL defence shrimp in Hughes than "I've already stolen your AHL girlfriend" Jonah :ph34r:

22 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, I don't expect Petey to ever get to more than 190lbs at most. I think he'll be like Patty Kane in that he'll always remain quite light for his height (Kane is also relatively short, to be fair). As another comparison, Henrik was almost the same height as Pettersson and he ended his career around 180lbs or so I believe.

Google stated 188 lbs for Henrik, I believe. And varying heights- though I thought I recalled 6'1 as being generous. So Petey is an inch taller as well, and possibly still growing. I see 190 as a low end, and maybe even a tad over 200 at the high... though you really never know. I shot up from 155lbs in grade 12 to 185 pounds in a couple years after college, and that wasn't fat... just genetics.

Either way, he's gonna get much stronger, and I think when that happens we are going to be lucky to have one of the top ten players in the league. Bank on it.