The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 2/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, fanfor42 said:

Hughes is a ppg defenseman in his 2nd year in the league.

Fantastic.

The defensive side will come.  That is the maturing process every young defenseman goes through.

Absolutely nothing to worry about and a ton to celebrate.

Anybody hacking on Hughes at this point needs to get a hobby.

I remember another young player struggling with his D game in his sophomore year and putting up -30.  I didn't hear a lot of criticism back then: people figured he was new to the NHL game and needed time to adapt and improve his defence.  Yep, by gosh...Bo sure has done that!

On 2/7/2021 at 9:35 AM, HighOnHockey said:

The way the term "generational" gets thrown around here is astonishing to me. On just this one page I've already seen it applied to Drew Doughty and Quinn Hughes.

I mean I'd personally use the word to describe 3 players currently in the league.... 

1 hour ago, dougieL said:

Lost in all the conversation has been the fact that Hughes has 34 points in his last 35 games going back to the start of the bubble. Pretty impressive.

The performance during the playoffs was most impressive to me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beefcake said:

Yikes, as good as Quinn is in the offense, he is a -14 seconds worst in the league. How can he get that number down ?

Experience first and foremost. He'll be a better defender the more he gets used to the league, learning tendencies and what not.

Then finding a better partner than Benn. No flak to Benn but Hughes needs someone like Tanev/Martinez. Perhaps letting Tanev go was a mistake but hindsight is 20/20.

Some good FA defenseman this year. Montour/Martinez/Hamilton would all look good with Hughes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Experience first and foremost. He'll be a better defender the more he gets used to the league, learning tendencies and what not.

Then finding a better partner than Benn. No flak to Benn but Hughes needs someone like Tanev/Martinez. Perhaps letting Tanev go was a mistake but hindsight is 20/20.

Some good FA defenseman this year. Montour/Martinez/Hamilton would all look good with Hughes.

Just getting Hamonic back and adjusting to new team, partners etc would do wonders.

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

Just getting Hamonic back and adjusting to new team, partners etc would do wonders.

I know not many agree but I thought he was great his last game or 2. Theres alot of benning ragging going on here lately, people seem to forget he has no control over injuries.

• Cheers 1

Hughes powerplay assist slides him into 109th in all-time Canuck scoring.

108.  Michel Petit D 226 24 57 81
109.  Quinn Hughes D 99 10 68 78
110.  Peter Schaefer LW 194 37 40 77
111.  Jiri Slegr D 154 12 65 77

• 3 weeks later...