The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, Seven pounds soft said:

Another year in college is fine. I don’t think anyone would complain. But the chance of him coming in as “ the kid” and being a spark plug like an 18 year old Doughty , skating circles around everyone has a lot of canuckleheads very pumped.  

I’m happy either way and watching him wherever he plays next year has me more excited for hockey than I have been for 3-4 years. Not only for Quinn but to see how all our other guys progress as well. 

I hear you. He may just kick the door down. There is such a gaping hole on the team for his skill set. We really are fortunate he fell to us. He is exactly what we needed.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I hear you. He may just kick the door down. There is such a gaping hole on the team for his skill set. We really are fortunate he fell to us. He is exactly what we needed.

Where does he slot in on our D right now?  I see him as being on our second pair with Tanev.  He would play a lot of minutes too.  The NCAA has some really good teams, where many of the players are men (20 plus).  Hughes is ready, and I will be surprised if we don't sign him soon.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Let's ask EP and BB if they want Hughes on the team....or if they would prefer Edler trying to get them the puck...

Something tells me Edler is going to shoot a lot more on the PP.

19 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Let's ask EP and BB if they want Hughes on the team....or if they would prefer Edler trying to get them the puck...

Edler will have a lot less issues passing to Pettersson vs Boeser simply based on handedness.

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Edler won't be passing to either one...at least on the PP...as soon as Hughes is on the team...personally I would probably leave him off the 2nd PP as well...

If Hughes makes the team, he'd actually be an excellent partner with Edler on the PP. He'd be very good at setting Edler up with his shot just like (perhaps even better than) Ehrhoff used to.

• Upvote 1

Edler is in a contract year so the idea of racking up points Boeser might be the only guy he passes to lol. Watch Edler put up 50 points this year and get paid. Hughes like Pettersson I find it hard not seeing them outplay what we currently have here. So in my mind that’s them making the team but we’ll see that Jim has in store for these guys if he wants to marinate until they add a bit more muscle. I doubt it though. Those two guys will sell the tickets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Edler is in a contract year so the idea of racking up points Boeser might be the only guy he passes to lol. Watch Edler put up 50 points this year and get paid. Hughes like Pettersson I find it hard not seeing them outplay what we currently have here. So in my mind that’s them making the team but we’ll see that Jim has in store for these guys if he wants to marinate until they add a bit more muscle. I doubt it though. Those two guys will sell the tickets.

If he's on pace for 50 points he gets traded and smartly so

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

More like:

Pettersson - Pettersson

Horvat - Horvat

Boeser - Boeser

Virtanen - Virtanen

Dahlen - Dahlen

Sutter - Sutter

Hughes - Hughes

Edler - Murzyn

Gudbranson - Real Gudbranson

Demko - Demko

That's pretty unrealistic projections, man.

• Haha 1

Big difference between Bobby Orr and Torey Krug lol Maybe he'll be somewhere in between.

But I see what Bert is saying about Krug. Smaller player who skates well and can produce. Thing is, Hughes could turn out to be one of the best skaters in the league. Not necessarily the fastest, but how smooth, effortless and elusive he can be, all while hanging onto the puck and making smart plays.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ugh...Torey Krug. That player has always underwhelmed me. I know he put up 59 points this year but ugh. I hope Hughes does not end up underwhelming like Krug.  Maybe my boston hatred is showing through here...not really sure!

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Ugh...Torey Krug. That player has always underwhelmed me. I know he put up 59 points this year but ugh. I hope Hughes does not end up underwhelming like Krug.  Maybe my boston hatred is showing through here...not really sure!

Probably the Boston hatred. I'd be thrilled if Hughes ended up like Krug.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Big difference between Bobby Orr and Torey Krug lol Maybe he'll be somewhere in between.

But I see what Bert is saying about Krug. Smaller player who skates well and can produce. Thing is, Hughes could turn out to be one of the best skaters in the league. Not necessarily the fastest, but how smooth, effortless and elusive he can be, all while hanging onto the puck and making smart plays.

Hughes is similar to Krug, in they are both smaller, offensive minded D men.  Hughes drives the play more than Krug, with both his superior skating, and elite puck skills.  Hughes will play next season and put up over 50 points. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Krug is Hughes' floor.  Hughes will be a far superior player.  

• Upvote 2