The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Screw said:

I hope he uses a low number.  I dislike the weird high numbers. What low ones are available right now?

We could use a real number 4.

By by Del Zotto.

Edited by appleboy
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, appleboy said:

If he wants to sign then management would be wise to lock him down. Utica is an option. That way his training is under their control. Even if he was a number seven for a while.

I hope (expect actually) we sign him in the next couple weeks.  I firmly believe he will be our best D man as soon as he sets foot on the ice.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, prix57 said:

they should give Hughes 6 and make Boeser wear 9.  Not sure why he wears 6, weird number for a scoring forward to wear.  9 is more natural for a goal scorer.

six to nine ;) 

Nice... 

I think our allstar Boeser can keep his number. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, prix57 said:

they should give Hughes 6 and make Boeser wear 9.  Not sure why he wears 6, weird number for a scoring forward to wear.  9 is more natural for a goal scorer.

Leipsic wears 9.

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That's a weird comment which I also don't agree with. You don't think if he makes the team he won't help out the PP and general transition game? He's not the kind of player that will just "blend in"... when he's on the ice both teams know it. Because we're such a low scoring team at the moment I think it will help Quinn's case to mke opening night roster. 

This always happens when we draft a top prospect though. Everyone wants to see him on the team now

It's not about the team right now, especially since we're stilll rebuilding. It's about what's best for the player. Michigan is a top development program in league that's been producing top talent lately. We shouldn't spoil that because we want a shiny new toy. 

8 minutes ago, guntrix said:

This always happens when we draft a top prospect though. Everyone wants to see him on the team now

It's not about the team right now, especially since we're stilll rebuilding. It's about what's best for the player. Michigan is a top development program in league that's been producing top talent lately. We shouldn't spoil that because we want a shiny new toy. 

He's also already dominated NCAA hockey as the youngest player. Could be a good time to go pro in Utica or Vancouver.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

I don't agree with that. There's a reason why a lot of us are debating whether or not he should turn pro. We've never had a player that we drafted that could start in the NHL the same fall since ever. It doesn't always happen, I would like you to name one player that we drafted that even had this kind of discussion?

When his family thinks that going back to Michigan is "worst" case scenario, I think that tells you a lot on how ready Hughes is to turn pro. I'm not suggesting he plays in Vancouver, I think the best place for him is Utica.

• Haha 1