The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

• 2 weeks later...

Not even an invite is a little disheartening.

Has anyone watched his play this year?

He's obviously regressed offensively, or just showing that last year was more a product of his stacked team but how has he been on the defensive end? Is he at least dominating in his own end?

Edited by Ihatetomatoes
20 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Looks like Team Canada is going with Kevin Bahl as the tough shutdown guy...that is who I wanted us to take by trading down a few spots from were we took Woo and get another late round pick as well.

it will be interesting to see how these 2 compare over the next few years...

Ya I saw that. Also odd because Bahl is a lefty and they invited 2 undrafted right handed prospects instead of Woo. 

Kinda hard not be be disheartened a little about Woo's development. Doesn't seem to be taken the next step and a few guys like Addison and Bahl who were drafted lower got the invite over him. 

Last year got me all hyped up that Woo could be a top 4 guy in the NHL but right now I'm more expecting a Jamie Benn type bottom pairing guy if he even cracks the NHL. 

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Looks like Team Canada is going with Kevin Bahl as the tough shutdown guy...that is who I wanted us to take by trading down a few spots from were we took Woo and get another late round pick as well.

it will be interesting to see how these 2 compare over the next few years...

Woo didn't get invited last season either, and look how crappy our team was defensively.  It's a lot of politics in Hockey Canada, and Woo is (for some reason) on the outs.  Woo will prove to be a far better D man in the NHL than any of the crap Hockey Canada chose.  

• Upvote 1

Not to take away from how idiotic it is to not even invite the guy to tryout or anything, but this just goes to show how premature it was for fans to say he could be in the NHL this season. :ph34r:

On a more important note, it's a shame the CHL/NHL agreement prevents him from being in the A. Even with occasional healthy scratches his development would be better served playing/practicing with pros. Also, something about the Hitmen rubs me the wrong way. Lol. I don't trust em with our boys.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Ya I saw that. Also odd because Bahl is a lefty and they invited 2 undrafted right handed prospects instead of Woo. 

Kinda hard not be be disheartened a little about Woo's development. Doesn't seem to be taken the next step and a few guys like Addison and Bahl who were drafted lower got the invite over him. 

Last year got me all hyped up that Woo could be a top 4 guy in the NHL but right now I'm more expecting a Jamie Benn type bottom pairing guy if he even cracks the NHL. 

Jordie...

3 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I wouldn't say his development has slowed, the team hes on isn't nearly as good offensively as the team he was on last year. Sucks to see his numbers down but let's not panic prematurely.

3 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Until they get to the NHL it's hard to say who will be better...but we needed a Tryamkin replacement at the time...still do...Meyers is fine but he doesn't hit much...

• Upvote 1

I am not surprised with Woo and his point total this year... Team he was on last year had 2 forwards with over 105 point that finished in top 5 in league scoring and the 3rd forward had over 90 points..... They had one of the top 5 D man in league Josh Brook... So Woo picked up lots of points with these guys...

He is still a very good prospect but he will not be the big offensive  D guy.. I see a solid aggressive style # 4 guy in 2-3 years...

He is 6'0, 200 lbs, seen him play 7 games last year...

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1