The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

10 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Heh heh, homo erectus 

Hahaha...exactly... how did we go from drafting a very promising young D to homophobic references to ancestry? 

PS... In before "young D" Jokes. 

This is science people, accept it!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Upgrade on the bulldog (Biega)....to a Chinese bulldog that is bigger and faster...top 4 potential, this may turn out to be a solid pick.

Pretty sure he's Canadian mate 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Hahaha...exactly... how did we go from drafting a very promising young D to homophobic references to ancestry? 

PS... In before "young D" Jokes. 

This is science people, accept it!

Heart wants what the heart wants

• Cheers 1

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.ebbd073b4803e8bc0dcafb94b17c0887.jpg

^^^ When did Mark Ruffalo switch from acting to hockey?

I lived near Moose Jaw last year and will back near August. Watched this guy play live and will hopefully see him a few times next year. I'll make sure to give you guys some updates. He's been a solid defenseman for Moose Jaw for sure, so I think this is a great pick. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

After all said and done, this is the pick that I am looking forward to the most. I still have some slight misgivings about Hughes (pun not intended!), but Woo? Give him a couple of years of pro training, and watch him mature to 210lbs. He looks like he has better offensive instincts than Tanev, but has the same "D zone" thinking as Tanev...just bigger and willing to use it. That, or as pointed out, a bigger and more talented Biega. Could easily imagine this guy as a middle pairing in his prime, teamed with someone like Stetch.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, mpt said:

Not a huge fan of this pick, but we’ll find out.  We definitely could use a good two way right handed D with some offensive upside like Woo.  However I really like Ryan McLeod who just went to Edmonton

Why. I think he will turn out to be a steal . Ur comment contradicts itself . We can use a right hand d with offensive upside , but it not a fan of the pick ?

We traded for Leipsic. We don't need McLeod as much as a kid like Woo. Even though Leipsic is not a centre , he brings the same skill set imo. 

The kid oozes character,  and is exactly the kind of d man we should have been looking at after drafting Hughes . 

Whatever . To each their own I guess.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 1