The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 hours ago, Yung1 said:

I think some people take that year with a grain of salt because he was playing on more of a stacked team. He does have offense but it's not elite offense. I agree that woo will probably be more of a 40 point guy.

40pt guy is expecting a lot. Edler usually puts up 40pts being #1 guy and running the pp.

Getting a 20-30pt solid #4 guy out of Woo would be solid IMO

5 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

40pt guy is expecting a lot. Edler usually puts up 40pts being #1 guy and running the pp.

Getting a 20-30pt solid #4 guy out of Woo would be solid IMO

Woo will be on SN Pacific broadcast on Saturday afternoon. 

9 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

It all depends on if Woo rides shotgun to Hughes as a pro.  Whomever gets that assignment is going to gain 10 to 20 pts a year by proxy.  

Hughes and Petey are going to allow JB to boost players and trade them at an inflated value much like the Hawks have done over the years.  

Totally 

That type of juggling is the key to long term success I think. 

Recycling players so you can draft or acquire young almost ready to go prospects. 

That's how you avoid cap he'll Imo. 

20 minutes ago, Biasbieksa said:

Totally 

That type of juggling is the key to long term success I think. 

Recycling players so you can draft or acquire young almost ready to go prospects. 

That's how you avoid cap he'll Imo. 

That is the key to long term success, sustained success.  

Our core group of truly exceptional players is IMO, 3 guys. 

Bo for his leadership and emerging complete game.  He can take the hardest minutes and still be productive and making his linemates better.  Idk how to get Bo to just add a hair of puck skillz to complete the glorious chances he creates on a regular basis.  As hot as Virtannen has been with Petey, I would like to see if Brock can add a similar element to Bo's line.  Wonder if Pearson would be comfortable on the left wing?  

Pettetsson.  I get the sense that he will never be satisfied with anything less than perfection.  Extremely confident, not cocky.  The lack of cockiness is as noticeable as his confidence. He has earned the respect of the entire league.  He won't be a player who leads from behind or be quiet if his teammates take a night off. 

He will go down as the best player in Club history unless Hughes beats him.

Hughes, completed the trio of untouchable assets.   Generational, yes I said it.  He is truly a game changer.  Maybe more so than Pettersson.  Hughes' game is more dynamic, exciting in many ways.  His goal last night, wow, how many times did he change skating angles.  Pivots better than anyone I have seen who isn't wearing figure skates.  

He is like a Bure, but as a defender.  

All 3 have a lot of growth to come in terms of their game.  

It is very reminiscent of the Kane, Toews and Kieth trio in Chi town.  Expect instead of having douche bag personalities, they all come across as pretty grounded.  

I don't see any of them being the type of guy to hit someone in a dangerous position, elbow someone in the head on the blind side, beat up a cabbie for a dollar etc....

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I watched the game and both Woo and Focht had great games. At 6' and 190 pounds he likes to use the body but he is not a big kid. He rushed the puck well a number of times. 

190lbs is a heavy for a Jr.   As an adult pro he will be +200 range.  He will still lay out some decent hits.

11 hours ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Jett Woo with 3 apples against Kelowna in a 6-5 comeback win.  The Hitmen were down 5-1 and came back to win it in overtime.  Woo’s assists were all primary including the assist on the OT game winning goal.

Two of his assists were helpers on goals by Focht setting up one of the funnest phrases in hockey: Focht-Woo

I was at the game in Kelowna.  Game was terrible.  Poorly played beginning to end. However, Woo looked like a real leader.  Head up, directing traffic and in the right place at the right time.  Physical but not out of position.  Head up, good passer.

Focht definitely has game, but would be in the AHL for at least 3 years to develop into an NHL player.  He is a long shot, but a good skillset.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Jett Woo with 3 apples against Kelowna in a 6-5 comeback win.  The Hitmen were down 5-1 and came back to win it in overtime.  Woo’s assists were all primary including the assist on the OT game winning goal.

Two of his assists were helpers on goals by Focht setting up one of the funnest phrases in hockey: Focht-Woo

That's damn-near enough apples..(3, & a bit more) to make a proper Pi !

• Haha 1