The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Man I would love for him to be a utility 4th line banger. 

With all our defensive injuries road travel, he'd be automatic insurance.

Plus he would get to the show sooner.

Lots of backlog at D for him to jump over. 

Worked pretty well for Biega, got him some games he would otherwise not have played. Ballard got a few games on the wing too. It would definitely appeal to both a coach and a GM when a Dman can do a creditable job of playing forward if necessary. Versatility has a lot of value.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:51 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Worked pretty well for Biega, got him some games he would otherwise not have played. Ballard got a few games on the wing too. It would definitely appeal to both a coach and a GM when a Dman can do a creditable job of playing forward if necessary. Versatility has a lot of value.

He could be a utility forward playing 5-7 minutes a game, but then imagine we're in a playoff game, then a defenseman gets injured,  and bam Woo comes in at D to save the day.

29 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I've watched him play here in Calgary a few times. He tended to be noticable, but not exactly dominant. I was actually a little disappointed that he just didn't seem to be the physical presence I expected. (He seemed solid though and didn't shy away from contact.) He seemed to move the puck well and take smart shots.

Overall, against harder competition, I feel he has a ways to go. I personally feel a couple years in the AHL are in order.

But that's just my opinion based on 3 games. I am also hardly an expert on assessing raw talent.

Yeah I watch Woo 4 times I thought he was solid on puck , made smart plays, was physical but not over aggressive..

I would say Woo is at least 2 yrs away from NHL so Maybe 2022 season....Listed height is 6'0, 200 lbs .....He looks 6'0 maybe 185.....

Edited by wildcam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

He is driving Quinn Hughes to the Superstore to buy some honey.

:lol:  The first thing that stood out to me is how come he's driving such a nice car. He's not a Pro and doesn't get paid a huge sum … so how come :unsure:

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

:lol:  The first thing that stood out to me is how come he's driving such a nice car. He's not a Pro and doesn't get paid a huge sum … so how come :unsure:

He signed his ELC last March (but it slid this year)... I bet he got a nice signing bonus which he put towards that car... Just a guess, but that's what I'm thinking.

14 minutes ago, Quantum said:

He signed his ELC last March (but it slid this year)... I bet he got a nice signing bonus which he put towards that car... Just a guess, but that's what I'm thinking.

Probably. 

Would be the first thing I would have bought in his shoes.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

It's also a Jeep, not a Ferrari.

Exactly, it's a small Jeep. Certainly not something I would describe as "such a nice car". I had a Jeep Liberty for a rental car once and it was the crappiest vehicle I can remember driving - noisy, gutless, poor handling and very thirsty.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be tough to make Utika this fall if there is no player movement up or out:

Brisebois   Rafferty

Juolevi.      Chatfield

Teves.        Sautner

Eliot 

All Canuck prospects! and all pretty good. Usually AHL defences have three or four older AHL club signees on the D. We played most of the year with Canuck signees, on occasion with one or two Utica signees. Woo may have to start in the ECHL, just as MacEneny and Eliot did. Though Imwould not be surprised to see Rafferty move up if Tanev does not re-sign or if Stetcher is moved. Though, if Tryamkin is signed (Tryamkin can play either side) that might be another block in the way of upward movement. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a substantially different D in Vancouver this fall.

• Upvote 1