The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jett Woo's 2nd game on the left side tonight despite being a right handed shooter.

Its been a rocky game for him, has had several bad reads defensively and hasn't been very conscientious with the puck.  He fumbles a lot with it, almost looks like he is too nervous to handle it. He seems a tad step behind in his skating. 

One thing I do like about him is he isn't afraid to be aggressive skating up, but the transition to pro hockey is showing a bit as he tonight had some trouble gauging when to be aggressive and when to make a safe play.

He is the youngest D, so maybe Cull thought he was perhaps more adaptable.  Or maybe he has played some left D in Junior af some time.  Or maybe he volunteered.  But I agree.  We are not so rich in RHDs that we can potentially stall the development of one by experimenting on his other side.

I assume Eliot didn't play.  He was a reliable right shooting LHD for some games last season, and I think he played LHD after assignment to the ECHL, but I'm not sure on that

Edited by Googlie

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thanks, but you know, Woo is our future, you would think he is the priority

and to develop him as a RHD

Well, we could demote Rathbone off the taxi and Uber him to Utica. Rathbone is not playing and Chatfield, Hamonic, Brisebois, and Sautner are probably ahead of him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

Not to mention that the versatility to be able to play different positions increases the value of almost any player.

Yeah, ha, it might help with the way our D is put together. Woo, Hughes, Schmidt, Tryamkin, Benn ... pick a side any side will do. :lol: